PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

7 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

, haven't used any VR till date though. Don't know what to make of it, is it really needed?

Nopes. But what about the Pro/X versions of consoles, small and big upgrades to PC, better net connection...what is really needed?

The experience VR gaming can provide..its not at all possible for traditional gaming to be able to achieve, provided its a game built from grounds up for VR and there are dozens of such games now!! Its an innovation as big as games moving from 2D to 3D. This video for example..just see the range of emotions and joy these grown ups are showing. VR can do this to you :) .(many have issues with their image while playing in VR, as if others are treating you as role model if you play traditional video games :D )

And the discomfort associated with VR is just blown out of proportions...mostly by people who might not have ever used VR. Its similar to how politicians say games make people violent or "adult" gamers saying all nintendo games are for kids."Suni-sunayi baatein."

One of the main barriers for VR gaming is the high entry price(here), but like what happens with any new technology that is coming down. Secondly, shops dont have demo units, so that gamers can get a taste of VR. It will convince lots of gamers that this isnt a gimmick, if they can actually try it.

Its a chicken and the egg situation actually. Frequent big budget AAA titles wont be developed for VR until there is a huge customer base. And customer base will not grow until there are some killer apps. Just one big announcement from Valve and now anytime you login to Resetera there will be quite a few VR related discussions going on in the first page itself. I dont know when the issues with VR gaming will be resolved or whether it will get "mainstream" recognition or not...but I can guaran-damn-tee that you will be blown away on trying the VR for the first time. :) 

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

The only thing i didnt like in it was when the game starts throwing multiple enemies at you because the combat system is not capable of handling more than 1-2 enemies. Otherwise its a good game

I guess because the game leaned more towards more realistic approch. The character never uses typical weapons like bows or swords. Stealth is the main source to survive against human AI. 

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

It is nominated for best narrative.

I was hoping for the GOTY nomination. 

5 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

I enjoyed the hell outta this game, even got all the achievements. The gameplay is unique and quite impressive actually. All the mechanics were used well. Good story, the game wasn't too short from a indie developer perspective. Overall the community loved it and this game definitely deserves a stand for nominations. 

Hmmm, the game was not for me. It was average at best,  way overrated with all those user reviews and steam rating. Well taste is subjective so thats that.

20 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

WTF Plague tale didnt get a single nomination. Fuk this biased fixed awards.

All that committee sh*t is bs. Its all Geof lol

Stay salty zodka :lol:

11 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

MS will focus on VR when it blows up and becomes big, that has been their hardware strategy for decades. From consoles to portable music players to phones to tablets to laptops to motion control gaming.

Classy as always. 

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

VR is sh*t. It's already dying. How many own VR headset here or play games on it at regular basis? 

Chu Yoshida can defend VR all he want but VR never gonna become mainstream. PS4 is over 100m and PSVR not even 10m.

I own it. Astro Bot, Tetris Effect and Thumper are life changing experiences in VR. Will grab Quest when HL Alyx comes out. Can't wait for completely un-tethered PSVR 2 with PS5. Too bad our lord and savior is not on board, not that it matters.

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

VR is sh*t. It's already dying. How many own VR headset here or play games on it at regular basis? 

Chu Yoshida can defend VR all he want but VR never gonna become mainstream. PS4 is over 100m and PSVR not even 10m.

300-400$ is too much to ask ,it needs to be lower to become mainstream.

Also Yoshida response is expected , wasn't he in charge of VR before the shuffling that happened last month?

But Ms should bring 3rd party VR headsets atleast, considering they have been all about giving options to gamers since last few years.  

Edited by triggr happy ss

42 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

300-400$ is too much to ask ,it needs to be lower to become mainstream.

Also Yoshida response is expected , wasn't he in charge of VR before the shuffling that happened last month?

But Ms should bring 3rd party VR headsets atleast, considering they have been all about giving options to gamers since last few years.  

No Chu Yoshida was head of Studios. He was asked to step down from his position as he was not doing good job. 

Some people can't play FPS without feeling dizzy, queasy etc. I mean you can't really expect them to really push for VR heavily and from my understanding they're a pretty tiny minority. Don't think VR will die just because a small minority can't use it. I mean FPS's in general seem to sell pretty well. Of course the price is a barrier but like someone said tech always gets cheaper over time. It will happen and it's a shame some people won't be able to actually experience it.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I own it. Astro Bot, Tetris Effect and Thumper are life changing experiences in VR. Will grab Quest when HL Alyx comes out. Can't wait for completely un-tethered PSVR 2 with PS5. Too bad our lord and savior is not on board, not that it matters.

Thumper is great as it is already, and fkn trippy. What's the audio situation with VR? Can the audio come from speakers, or is it through the headset only? If you do use spearate speakers with VR, does it feel weird? Like the sound is coming from.. outside? 

48 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No Chu Yoshida was head of Studios. He was asked to step down from his position as he was not doing good job. 

WTF is this? Shu Yosihda - head of Sony Worldwide studios - responsible for selling 100 million consoles and bringing the tally close to PS2. Making the Playstation division one of the most profitable divisions out of the entire Sony Corp.. Responsible for bringing the Playstation brand up from the crap where it was in early PS3 gen to this. Focusing on bringing first party games so Sony will not have to focus on bribing 3rd parties and can have permanent exclusives that they call their own.

In what way did you ever reach the conclusion that he did a bad job?

VR maybe sucked because not many high quality games. If HL receives well and Valve and other publishers decide to invest it will be good. Otherwise will continue to be niche. It is nice tech if you don't feel nauseous. 

26 minutes ago, roun90 said:

WTF is this? Shu Yosihda - head of Sony Worldwide studios - responsible for selling 100 million consoles and bringing the tally close to PS2. Making the Playstation division one of the most profitable divisions out of the entire Sony Corp.. Responsible for bringing the Playstation brand up from the crap where it was in early PS3 gen to this. Focusing on bringing first party games so Sony will not have to focus on bribing 3rd parties and can have permanent exclusives that they call their own.

In what way did you ever reach the conclusion that he did a bad job?

Let me explain why according to one person he did a bad job and bear with me here

B8GIkRP.png