PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

35 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. Anyone expecting everything to run at 60fps probably hasn't learnt anything after Xbox one X. If lockcrap is indeed that underpowered then it's not only holding the new xbox back but also the whole next generation of consoles. 

Doom and gloom

Ms just murdered next generation without even announcing anything ?.

Also no one expected 60fps with jaguar , X was always aimed at resolution. Don't know what you are talking about?

With Zen 2 and custom ssd in nextgen consoles we should see more 60fps games than this generation for sure. If one console can achieve it then probably all will, no reason to believe ps5 can and anaconda and Lockhart wont .

Edited by triggr happy ss

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Doom and gloom

Also no one expected 60fps with jaguar , X was always aimed at resolution. Don't know what you are talking about?

With Zen 2 and custom ssd in nextgen consoles we should see more 60fps games than this generation for sure. If one console can achieve it then probably all will, no reason to believe ps5 can and anaconda and Lockhart wont .

I guess even ps5 wont do 60 at 4k . Even the beefiest of pcs struggle to output 4k at 60.

They should have an option to switch between 4k30 and 1440p60fps for all games. Or atleast an option to reduce graphics options to get 4k60fps (helps for fps games)

Next gen games will have graphical upgrades so obviously the games would look better but still run at 30fps.

I remember witcher 3 was struggling on ps4 on launch week. Whenever it was raining in the game it was a slideshow. I am totally fine with third person games running at solid 30fps. Death Stranding is an great example, it runs flawlessly in my pro. Even though its running at 30fps it feels so smooth.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Doom and gloom

I guess even ps5 wont do 60 at 4k . Even the beefiest of pcs struggle to output 4k at 60.

Bayonetta and Vanquish remaster bundle announcement leaked

Due out on February 18, 2020, according to Microsoft Store.

4K graphics at 60 frames per second available for Xbox One X.

Remastered for the first time on Xbox One.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

It  probaly can do 8k at 60 fps too but it all depends  if the devs are willing to sacrifice the graphical fidelity to achive it. 

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. Anyone expecting everything to run at 60fps probably hasn't learnt anything after Xbox one X. If lockcrap is indeed that underpowered then it's not only holding the new xbox back but also the whole next generation of consoles. 

I think you'll just have watered down ports like you get with Switch. Either way it doesn't really matter because MS can't force 3rd parties to support it and hold back their games like they'll do with first parties. Heck I'm not even sure the "forward compatibility" BS will continue beyond first year.

I would 100% pay $199 for a next gen machine that is gimped to Digital only 1080p 60/30 FPS - medium settings of next gen games. Plus if streaming takes off, its not gonna matter much. 

You all might be surprised at how much that thing could take off. General public doesnt give a sh*t about resolution, frame rate etc. 

35 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I think you'll just have watered down ports like you get with Switch. Either way it doesn't really matter because MS can't force 3rd parties to support it and hold back their games like they'll do with first parties. Heck I'm not even sure the "forward compatibility" BS will continue beyond first year.

I don't think 3rd parties will ignore it. It's easily going to be a better selling sku compared to the 500$ anaconda anyway. Like the switch has taught us devs will do anything to reduce graphics to release a game on the popular hardware.

300$  and probably a bundled month of gamepass to play the next new thing Is a no brainer and an instant hit if marketing is done correctly. Casuals just care about the price.

I am more worried about MS s marketing and msg to be honest.

Edited by triggr happy ss

For Microsoft, they can afford to take high level of risks. So whether Lockhart will do well or not won’t matter much. It will be a good learning experience and following the multi price point strategy as Samsung phones. Looking at Apple, the cheaper version sold better proving diminishing returns economics of the premium phone. 

Edited by Mysteryman

The third party AAA support on Switch is way, way smaller than you think. If Xbox got that few major 3rd party games it'd be dead in the water. No big Ubisoft games, no CoD or BF or Star Wars or Destiny, no R* games, no modern Capcom stuff besides overpriced legacy remasters, gimped FIFA version from last year etc. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

The difference is that switch doesn’t get watered down ports of every single game whereas here i think theyll enforce (hope im wrong) them to make a version for this console too. 

This rumor actually starts making more and more sense if we bring this year's halo infinite trailer into the picture. For a console thats going to be almost 10X more powerful than its predecessor, the visuals there looked just about good as some current day games. Heck i would say that the character models in Detroit and death stranding both surpass it. 

51 minutes ago, adity said:

But switch has a big base because of quality exclusives, innovative design and brand recognition none of which MS has. The popularity comes before the third party support. 

People think ninty consoles sell just because of their price. ??? 

1 hour ago, adity said:

But switch has a big base because of quality exclusives, innovative design and brand recognition none of which MS has. The popularity comes before the third party support. 

1 Xbox One has a larger userbase than Switch. Or at the very least, comparably similar. 

2 Gamecube had stellar quality exclusives, better than the Switch does right now.

3 WiiU had more brand recognition than the Switch did when it launched.

Nintendo's success since the 64 has pretty much been dependent on how well their console gimmick/innovation/whatever catches the public's imagination. If the gimmick works, it will sell. If not, it will die. 

11 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

1 Xbox One has a larger userbase than Switch. Or at the very least, comparably similar. 

2 Gamecube had stellar quality exclusives, better than the Switch does right now.

3 WiiU had more brand recognition than the Switch did when it launched.

Nintendo's success since the 64 has pretty much been dependent on how well their console gimmick/innovation/whatever catches the public's imagination. If the gimmick works, it will sell. If not, it will die. 

The only Nintendo console that succeeded due to a gimmick was the Wii. Success/Failure of the rest was more dependent on external factors.

1) Switch has been outselling the PS4 and is only out for some 2(?) years now. At the rate it's going, I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches/surpasses PS4 numbers; forget about the Xbox One.

2) Gamecube went against the PS2. And let's be fair, no console that ever goes against the PS2 is ever going to have good sales

3) WiiU was a marketing disaster. Many uninformed people thought that the WiiU was a side-grade/attachment to the Wii, due to the name. Plus all those casuals who purchased the Wii only for Wii Sports (Most of Wii sales were for this) were moving to mobiles

Switch actually has a very bright future. In the short span it's been out, it had tons of 85+ meta games. Almost all the good WiiU games are being ported to Switch, so people who skipped WiiU can play it (Which is almost everyone). Plus, the entire handheld market (which includes the behemoth numbers of people who were 3ds gamers) are all shifting to the Switch. And it's mostly not due to the gimmick at all. Handheld+TV mode is done really well. But even if it was handheld only, it would still get huge success. Nintendo was always the king of handhelds, and the Switch is the true successor to the 3ds. This time taking along the PSP/Vita customers as well, since Sony has left the Handheld industry.