PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

21 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

You think the x which retails for 400$ will be available with the Lockhart ( much more capable )for 300$?  

No way the x and s of this generation will be available on the shelves. They will disappear like the original Xbox one when the S launched,Just like it happens with the mobile phones.

Current Gen (One S and X) will not disappear off the shelves. At least not for another 3-4 years or so. The same thing happened with PS2, PS3, OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii and any other console you can think of. 3rd Party Games will also continue to be mostly cross-platform till at least 3-4 years. It takes that long to have a sizable install base to make exclusive development worth it for 3rd parties. And can you imagine the impact that name will have on sales for those 3 years?

Kid asks parent - please get me an Xbox X for birthday/Christmas/Topping Class/Whatever. Parent sees 2 Xbox X's on the shelf. One for $200-300 (Price will be coming down). And another X for $600. Now which console do you think the parent is likely to buy for that child/teen? And children and teenagers constitute a major segment of console players. Add to that adults who like to buy and play casual games (FIFA etc.) and do not keep up with console news. They see FIFA 2020 and 2021 on Xbox one X, and again see 2 Xbox X's on the shelf. Being confused, they just buy the cheaper option.

There is literally a case study for this with the Wii U (which failed miserably - one of the major reasons being that people confused it as an add-on to Wii)

And once unboxed/Seal is opened, store will not take back the console at full price as that will constitue "USED". So at the end of those 3 years - what will happen to the number of consoles sold? And I'm not even including those people who will not buy Xbox because games already come to PC or all other platforms due to XCloud.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

I am actually happy they didn't limit the capability by trying to cram it into a small box.

I think Lockhart will be smaller and a good option too.

Horizontally looking at the size it's very much like an original PS3 in length ,just a couple of inches bigger in terms of height. Depth I don't think should be a problem.

Some people just have to make a fuss I guess, rather than being excited about a new generation they just want to throw their fake concern about stuff. Let's wait and see how sleek the ps5 is, surely lot of people will take the L .

Ofcourse we are psivg.com, everything ps does is best here :p

I like the design, but all that is ok, what we need are games. They need two new ip which make people take notice just like first gears did, all the power is no good, till you have associated software. 

Ps: And I just sold my Xbox one x and ordered gears 5 limited edition today :lol:

Edited by AtheK

XSX is actually smaller than launch Xbone in terms of liter space, and if it has internal PSU then its even smaller than that VCR. So its not like they went big in size or anything. It just has a weird a*s shape that makes it look big. The horizontal height is just shy of 3 PS4 Pros stacked on top of each other.

I liked the look of the Xbox which was revealed, but Phil Spencer’s corporate bs speak was a huge let down for me, again.

Its like Xbox is made as a product and Playstation is made with passion.

However, from a monetary perspective, after carrying out my own fair share of research on Xbox Game Pass, I guess the next Xbox with Halo 6 and Hellblade 2, free on gamepass, plus all Xbox one exclusives I missed out, will almost be an offer I can’t refuse. 

Edited by kmkaks

Ofcourse we are psivg.com, everything ps does is best here [emoji14]

Ps: And I just sold my Xbox one x and ordered gears 5 limited edition today [emoji38]

Lol .
Congrats . How much did the upgrade cost ? 11/12k?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Ofcourse we are psivg.com, everything ps does is best here [emoji14]

Ps: And I just sold my Xbox one x and ordered gears 5 limited edition today [emoji38]

Lol .
Congrats . How much did the upgrade cost ? 11/12k?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

f**king bang up job with the name there MS. Takes a strong man to look at the WiiU f**kup and go "you know what, maybe the problem was there werent enough consoles with names starting with a Wii".

2hn5bhxare441.jpg?width=493&auto=webp&s=fe1801803d3f7f9a0573143e00e5f955d1ed2984
Lol....MS is going to release bunch of xboxes so that ps n Nintendo fans still can have a cheap xbox just in case .. This is a genius level strategy

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

f**king bang up job with the name there MS. Takes a strong man to look at the WiiU f**kup and go "you know what, maybe the problem was there werent enough consoles with names starting with a Wii".

2hn5bhxare441.jpg?width=493&auto=webp&s=

This is so true. 

They have released so many consoles with different names and variations. Its so confusing for someone who isn’t following it constantly:

9 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

2hn5bhxare441.jpg?width=493&auto=webp&s=

Google pixel phone got 5 models and so as iPhone nd they still sell good.

WiiU failed coz lack of 3rd party support and all.

Consumers not that dumb. If Series X gets good games which takes proper use of console and its properly priced then with good marketing it will do fine but under no circumstances it will outsell PS5.

Series X dumb name but idea behind is they gonna release multiple SKUs where X marks high end systems and S low end. Old Xone models will be discontinued.

Edited by WhiteWolf

New system is just called Xbox and X & S are model names. 

Rand ol Thor MS insider said he believes Xbox one models including X will be supported for 1 or 2 years with games either natively or through Xcloud streaming but their manufacturing will stop from 2021 onwards once Series X and S in market. 

New system is just called Xbox and X & S are model names. 

Rand ol Thor MS insider said he believes Xbox one models including X will be supported for 1 or 2 years with games either natively or through Xcloud streaming but their manufacturing will stop from 2021 onwards once Series X and S in market. 
So if they are keeping the same name, there should be only gen of console should available at market

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk