PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

37 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Facing this weird skip issue with my xbox one controller on PC. Use a cheap-a*s 300 bucks BT dongle from Amazon. The controller is absolutely fine for about an hour or so. And then suddenly it becomes laggy as hell and I've to reconnect? Anyone else faced this issue? 

Wondering if it's because of the dongle/interference or if it's something to do with the controller firmware. The controller works fine on Xbox btw. 

Seems to be dongle issue, have your tried to use the controller connected with wire?

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Haven't used the wire for an extended session cos the TV is pretty far from the cabinet.

I'm using both wired and original xbox controller dongle. I never got any issues. I suggest you try once and see if it works alright. 

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Facing this weird skip issue with my xbox one controller on PC. Use a cheap-a*s 300 bucks BT dongle from Amazon. The controller is absolutely fine for about an hour or so. And then suddenly it becomes laggy as hell and I've to reconnect? Anyone else faced this issue? 

Wondering if it's because of the dongle/interference or if it's something to do with the controller firmware. The controller works fine on Xbox btw. 

It's most probably interference rather than the dongle itself. Try changing wifi channels on the router, switching off all other BT and wifi devices to isolate the issue. Try hardwiring the PC if it's not already and see if that makes a difference.

9 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Interference or the dongle is going bad.

Every device and it's dog out there runs on the 2.4ghz range, so its either that interference or random interference from the stuff within your PC(if you have the dongle plugged in the back rather than the front.)

If the dongle is dying then you have no option other than buying a new el cheapo one.

Literally you find only these little no-name Chinese BT dongles now.

Edited by PhantomShade

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Interference or the dongle is going bad.

Every device and it's dog out there runs on the 2.4ghz range, so its either that interference or random interference from the stuff within your PC(if you have the dongle plugged in the back rather than the front.)

If the dongle is dying then you have no option other than buying a new el cheapo one.

Literally you find only these little no-name Chinese BT dongles now.

2 hours ago, Walker said:

It's most probably interference rather than the dongle itself. Try changing wifi channels on the router, switching off all other BT and wifi devices to isolate the issue. Try hardwiring the PC if it's not already and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys. I'll see if it's the interference. It was pretty close to the router, so that might be it. 

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Nice, Microsoft is making sure not to repeat XB1 disastrous reveal and it's cons. They'll make this one as consumer friendly as it could be. Now the balls in Sony's court. 

3 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

What functions do u map those extra buttons in shooters ?

Depends on a game but its usually triangle to left paddle and circle to right paddle. Most shooters have bumper jumper option so you can jump without taking your hands off right stick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

What functions do u map those extra buttons in shooters ?

Depends on your prefrence. Some map the triggers/l1 l2 or some even map the face buttons so that they don't have to even lift their finger during tense situations. 

• Like 1