PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

10 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I think that's probably through xcloud

Supporting games natively on XB1 and via xCloud are different things, what if some of their fans not interested in streaming. MS should keep releasing all their games on XB1 as part of play anywhere strategy, isn't it ?  :rofl:

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

32 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Supporting games natively on XB1 and via xCloud are different things, what if some of their fans not interested in streaming. MS should keep releasing all their games on XB1 as part of play anywhere strategy, isn't it ?  :rofl:

Well those guys just need to get a 2nd or 3rd job and upgrade to a better system ?. Anyone with half brain shouldn't expect that.

Edited by triggr happy ss

16 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Well those guys just need to get a 2nd or 3rd job and upgrade to a better system ?.

But 'mandatory upgrades' were a thing of past for MS ecosystem and no generation anymore.. :rofl:

16 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Anyone with half brain shouldn't expect that.

I wonder who expected that,  oh yeah.. MS fanboys, so good at doing 180s like MS itself.

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Only one year !!

Wonder what happened to MS going to support XB1 till end of the world plan.  :rofl:

Except for couple of people who believe everything Phil says, no one one actually believed Nextbox will be "forward compatible" for the entire next generation.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty, in an interview with MCVUK, was asked about the competition with Sony. This was his response:

First of all, Sony’s done a fantastic job just across the board in terms of what they’ve done with building an audience, selling consoles, obviously, a number of amazing, great games that have come out of their first party teams. I try to stay away from framing things as a head-to-head bout with Sony, instead I think that it’s just up to us to focus on three things.

First of all, we need to deliver on the promises that we make. So if we say a game is going to ship at a certain time, we’ve got to get that done, we just need to get better at executing. We need to make sure that we hold the bar high on quality, and that we’re releasing games that we can be proud of and that the fans can be proud of as Xbox exclusives. And then lastly, we need to continue building characters, stories and worlds that can transcend generations, devices and platforms.

-----

In other news, some rumours coming up that Demon's Souls will be a PS5-exclusive game (will not launch on PS4 at all).

Some other rumours doing the rounds that the next PlayStation Meeting will be scheduled on February 5th, 2020. To be held in NYC.

-----

Also: Best. GIF. Ever.

I said this exact same thing in one of the games thread. Forgot which one. Supporting old consoles doesn't just mean reducing resolution and fps, and some graphics downgrade. Supporting old consoles actually hinders the game design. 

PlayStation will not participate in E3 2020

"After thorough evaluation SIE has decided not to participate in E3 2020," said a Sony Interactive Entertainment spokesperson. "We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year. 

"We will build upon our global events strategy in 2020 by participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe. Our focus is on making sure fans feel part of the PlayStation family and have access to play their favorite content. We have a fantastic line up of titles coming to PlayStation 4, and with the upcoming launch of PlayStation 5, we are truly looking forward to a year of celebration with our fans."

Maybe because they don't have much to show at event like E3, major exclusives this year they have only 2 for Ps4 ghost of tsushima and the last of us 2. They might reveal more of PS5 later this year in their private press conference. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Maybe because they don't have much to show at event like E3, major exclusives this year they have only 2 for Ps4 ghost of tsushima and the last of us 2. They might reveal more of PS5 later this year in their private press conference. 

Nothing to do with games. Sony and ESA are in disagreement regarding differences in their visions and strategy. Jason claims that it remains a driving factor since last year. 

For me I believe Sony is quite arrogant and over confident since it has no serious rival. Let’s hope that it announces its own presser to showcase PS5 instead hundred of small conferences. 

9 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Nothing to do with games. Sony and ESA are in disagreement regarding differences in their visions and strategy. Jason claims that it remains a driving factor since last year. 

For me I believe Sony is quite arrogant and over confident since it has no serious rival. Let’s hope that it announces its own presser to showcase PS5 instead hundred of small conferences. 

Hmm, E3 is a really big event across the globe for gamers. It's costing them a lot of exposure by these disputes. 

18 hours ago, adity said:

Spiderman ps4 had to have the swinging speed limited because of the low streaming speed of its HDD. That's a common complaint among a lot of people which can be attributed to hardware limitations. It's just one example. 

In one of the interviews CDPR said that they were targeting next gen machines from the very beginning of their development cycle and that shows. We are done whining for BC, so now consoles should have FC too :D Pro-consumer ke naam pe kuchh bhi(from the company who started charging for playing online.)

Lol Sony is doomed bro.. Making a new console with nothing to release on it..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hmm, E3 is a really big event across the globe for gamers. It's costing them a lot of exposure by these disputes. 

Did you watch last year's e3..?

Did you watch last year's e3..?

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Frankly, Sony can just put it's own conferences or even just release YT videos. Last year's E3 - Sony just released YT videos on those dates, and it was more than enough. Plus, they save up on paying money to the ESA. Also as @CarbonCore said - attendance is reducing and timing is no good.

I do wonder about the fate of E3 itself though. Nintendo is out - they give out directs. Sony might just be moving in the same direction, which is fine for them. That leaves only MS at E3 along with Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA and SE. Of those, Bethesda is a flop-show and Ubi is a copy-paste show. MS, EA and SE are the only ones left who can even create some small hype, or E3 as a whole is dead.

Though from now on - we can give MS the definite win at E3 by default I guess. So E3 fanboy wars are over - and MS is the permanent winner.

Personally - I like the Direct style. Gives the chance to make major announcements throughout the year, instead of just on set dates. Plus they tend to focus purely on the games, instead of business executives talking or showmanship (Stage set etc.) or bringing in film stars. And there are also game based Directs that just showcase in-depth look at new games + new announcements for them (Expansion Pass, DLC etc.) along with a very in-depth look at them as well. So Sony going that way is a good thing overall. Only thing I will miss is the Sony E3 Orchestra - I really liked those.

Edited by roun90