PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Ponies changing narrative now on Twitter and other forums. Apparently Gpu/cpu power dont matter. It's all about SSD speed. Forgetting the fact majority of 3rd party wont even utilize that speed as they won't get time and backing from Sony and majority of PC gamers don't have access or afford such fast hdd for PCs.

Xbox Velocity Architecture - 100 GB is instantly accessible by the developer with a I/O Throughput of 4.8 GB/s

Enter Xbox Velocity Architecture, which features tight integration between hardware and software and is a revolutionary new architecture optimized for streaming of in game assets. This will unlock new capabilities that have never been seen before in console development, allowing 100 GB of game assets to be instantly accessible by the developer. The components of the Xbox Velocity Architecture all combine to create an effective multiplier on physical memory that is, quite literally, a game changer.

From AMD -

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2020/03/16/microsoft-amd-supercharge-console-gaming-with-the-xbox-series-x

So someone quoted few points made by Cerny during PS5 presentation-

Every word in Cerny’s brief was carefully chosen as part of their PR management strategy. Watch it again and you’ll hear him say: - 

Game players are here for the fantastic games.

The feature most requested by developers was SSD (And then it’s SSD bombardment)

Important for us to find something other than CPU power, GPU power or amount of RAM.

Dangerous to rely on TFLOPS as an absolute indicator of performance.

CU count should be avoided as well

Wow. Basically downplayed every advantage XSX got.

After that he tells 1st party studios to go on Twitter to praise ssd speed lol

:rofl:

Edited by WhiteWolf

24 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So someone quoted few points made by Cerny during PS5 presentation-

Wow. Basically downplayed every advantage XSX got.

After that he tells 1st party studios to go on Twitter to praise ssd speed lol

:rofl:

Yeah, Sony has probably made a calculation error this gen with specs. 

I think MS is going in the right direction this gen so I'll probably pick both series x and ps5 if theyre within 35k range.

43 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

All these unique features will be mostly ignore by 3rd party unless they become easily accessible to PC gamers 

Next gen will take almost a year to release in market, the next generation specs of Xbox and PS feels like high-end PC's right now. Given time the PC market will get new advanced techs which will have drastic upgrades.  All the new features will become norm within a year or two. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ponies changing narrative now on Twitter and other forums. Apparently Gpu/cpu power dont matter. It's all about SSD speed. Forgetting the fact majority of 3rd party wont even utilize that speed as they won't get time and backing from Sony and majority of PC gamers don't have access or afford such fast hdd for PCs.

Wrong! People are appreciating actual innovation and technological breakthrough.

Anyone can use money power and bombard specs.

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

All these unique features will be mostly ignore by 3rd party unless they become easily accessible to PC gamers 

Ps5 is a weaker console , the price will prove it.

It's quite simple you pay for what you get and MS clearly paid more to AMD.

Nextgen Xbox vs ps digital foundry face off will be won by xbox. There won't be much hardware talks from Sony fanboys nextgen ,similar to how it's been since the X launched.

Also with this looming recession due to covid ,I think Lockhart will do exceptionally well. The cheaper entry level console that plays free to play games like apex,fortnite and the new cod is genius. Ms has nothing to worry about the hardware from this point on unless they have an rrod situation.

Now the fight will be purely about exclusives , let's see if MS can bring it.

Edited by triggr happy ss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

There won't be much hardware talks from Sony fanboys nextgen ,similar to how it's been since the X launched.

People just stopped caring about stuff eventually. I mean, sh*t like this still happens..

OUhMaOo.png

But no one gives a sh*t anymore. If it was 2014, it'd be all over the internet.

14 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

People just stopped caring about stuff eventually. I mean, sh*t like this still happens..

But no one gives a sh*t anymore. If it was 2014, it'd be all over the internet.

what game is that?

20 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

RE3 Remake demo. Runs at locked 4K with complete disregard to fps. Drops as low as 31fps.

I really hope so no one gives a sh*t and that I am wrong.

Coz Untill the specs reveal everyone did and then the focus shifted to the SSD as Zodak pointed out.

And posting a game demo breakdown that seriously needs further optimisation looks very desperate ?. Y don't you look up RE2 or devil may cry 5 breakdown by the same publisher and tell me who won that.

49 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I really hope so no one gives a sh*t and that I am wrong.

Coz Untill the specs reveal everyone did and then the focus shifted to the SSD as Zodak pointed out.

And posting a game demo breakdown that seriously needs further optimisation looks very desperate ?. Y don't you look up RE2 or devil may cry 5 breakdown by the same publisher and tell me who won that.

What the fk? 1X has fps issues with most recent games including latest Warzone mode in MW because devs try to push resolution and then gets shat upon in fps. This has actually been a trend recently but people don't post it because nobody cares. 

Also good luck getting final version changed from demo because if they did, it would be first for Capcom.

52 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Tried the demo on pro today. Didnt experience frame dips( touchwood).

Only bug I faced was Nemesis running too fast.

Pro version is 1620p (like CoD MW) and then upscaled to 4K. Still occasionally drops frames but not as bad as 1X. Outer World, their own game runs worse on 1X because they tried to push it to 1800p/4K. Probably drank too much TF cool-aid :lol: 

13 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Wrong! People are appreciating actual innovation and technological breakthrough.

Anyone can use money power and bombard specs.

Nothing innovative about it. Just ssd 1st time on consoles. PC gamers using ssds since 360 days 

SSDs faster than ps5 already in market but they super expensive to put in console.