PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

12 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Guys, first of all apologies for asking this here, only doing this since posts elsewhere seldom elicit response.

Does anyone here have any experience using Sony Playstation gold wireless headset? I was thinking of getting one for 7.5k from a store nearby.

Considering I am using a JbL headphone worth around 10k, which when connected using the 3.5mm jack on the controller sounds like crap, will the wireless surround sound deliver a substantially better experience?

Gold is absolutely great. You can download the Headset App on PS4 and set custom tuning depending on the game, which greatly enhances sounds. It's absolutely wonderful and gives a proper surround sound, and allows you to even hear the lowest background music. Would not recommend the Platinum, since the current Gold in the market is Gold Version 2, which is far more durable than the Platinum (still at version 1 and the Original Gold). If you are getting the Gold Headset - look at the label and ensure that you get the headset manufactured 2018 or later (2019 might be ideal to be safe). Seems there were problems with the Original Gold Headset, so Sony revised all Golds and made a new model in 2018. The only negatives of the Gold are that it's a closed ear headset - which means it might make the ear area sweaty, and that it can only be charged with the USB cable that comes in the box, when attached to the PS4. You can't charge the headset with a normal charger like the Controller. Also, make sure to never lose the USB pen-drive that comes with the headset. That pen-drive is the only way you can use the headset wirelessly. Lose that, and the headphone might be useless. Don't know if you can get the Pen-Drive separately.

As for other Headsets, Sony actually did not give proper support the other headsets properly on the PS4. I tried using an Audio Technica ATH M50X on PS4. And while the headset itself is amazing on the PC, on PS4 it leaves a lot to be desired. In fact there are regular sound interruptions if you attach that headset to the controller. A friend of mine tried Sennheiser Headphones (I think it was HD 599) with the same result.

As far as price is concerned, Gold usually goes for around 10,000 Rs in India (Officially), so your price is actually correct (They essentially skipped the tax, so it's unofficial). I have a white Gold Headset, which I got for a similar price when I travelled abroad. Just check the manufacturing date and talk about warranty/guarantee before-hand.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnK said:

I feel without some sort of equivalent to Games pass 

Sony will have a tough time

Future is subscription based

They don’t really have to throw stuff for free in guise of $1 glitch subscriptions like M$ did coz they are not even remotely close to dying as brand like M$ was 

but yeah they have to pick up their subscription game 

PSnow is Seems to give some good ones 

but they have to bring it to Games pass level (in general not $1 glitch to get hold of subscribers)

Rest Kratos will take care of

I don't think Sony will go on same route like MS. 

Sony's first party exclusives are selling too good, they don't want to miss out on that revenue. Their PSnow subscription service is fine, but just for PS users only, it's not at par with gamepass or anywhere close to it.. 

PS has only been able to take over  Xbox because of the exclusives alone and they have thrived for the same by being consistent. Other services from them aren't that worthwhile, nor it was on MS side. 

But MS have turned the table by favouring the sight of consumers through gamepass  

Think about it,  the rumour of  Ms turns true only  if,  they manage to bring out Sony like exclusives,  gamepass services , playanywhere along  with XSX which is on paper( the most powerful console about to enter the market). 

If, that happens then, Sony will need their R&D staff working their asses up to compete.. 

Gamepass was  offering the free 1$ subs is at such a dirt cheap rate as it was a  barter for promo and the promo is over by now. You can sub for 50 bucks for a mo., get known to the service and if you like then subscribe. It's 3.5k a year which isn't a bad deal imo. 

Having a game like RDR2 which is getting sold for around 2k on console gets masses eyes rolled . 

i, presume if all this turns true then people will be  in 2 minds for opting which console to buy on launch. 

6 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I wonder how many of those 10 million subscribers are the ones who extended the gold subscription to gamepass ultimate via the 1 dollar promos? My bet is most of them.

The real test would be when MS stops giving away the gamepass sub for essentially free.

Lots of people but surely not more than 3-4 million out of those 10 million .Infact I also bought 3 years of gold and used the 1$ upgrade. But now they have people locked in their ecosystem for 3 yrs which would include the launch of a nextgen console also. Now all these people just need to spend 500$ or 300$ for the cheaper console and they are set to go.

@AnK what is this 1$ glitch? Are you talking about the upgrade plan I have mentioned above?

Edited by triggr happy ss

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

Gold is absolutely great. You can download the Headset App on PS4 and set custom tuning depending on the game, which greatly enhances sounds. It's absolutely wonderful and gives a proper surround sound, and allows you to even hear the lowest background music. Would not recommend the Platinum, since the current Gold in the market is Gold Version 2, which is far more durable than the Platinum (still at version 1 and the Original Gold). If you are getting the Gold Headset - look at the label and ensure that you get the headset manufactured 2018 or later (2019 might be ideal to be safe). Seems there were problems with the Original Gold Headset, so Sony revised all Golds and made a new model in 2018. The only negatives of the Gold are that it's a closed ear headset - which means it might make the ear area sweaty, and that it can only be charged with the USB cable that comes in the box, when attached to the PS4. You can't charge the headset with a normal charger like the Controller. Also, make sure to never lose the USB pen-drive that comes with the headset. That pen-drive is the only way you can use the headset wirelessly. Lose that, and the headphone might be useless. Don't know if you can get the Pen-Drive separately.

As for other Headsets, Sony actually did not give proper support the other headsets properly on the PS4. I tried using an Audio Technica ATH M50X on PS4. And while the headset itself is amazing on the PC, on PS4 it leaves a lot to be desired. In fact there are regular sound interruptions if you attach that headset to the controller. A friend of mine tried Sennheiser Headphones (I think it was HD 599) with the same result.

As far as price is concerned, Gold usually goes for around 10,000 Rs in India (Officially), so your price is actually correct (They essentially skipped the tax, so it's unofficial). I have a white Gold Headset, which I got for a similar price when I travelled abroad. Just check the manufacturing date and talk about warranty/guarantee before-hand.  

Wow bro! Your response cleared every apprehension I had! Thanks a ton for your help!

7 hours ago, AnK said:

I feel without some sort of equivalent to Games pass 

Sony will have a tough time

Future is subscription based

They don’t really have to throw stuff for free in guise of $1 glitch subscriptions like M$ did coz they are not even remotely close to dying as brand like M$ was 

but yeah they have to pick up their subscription game 

PSnow is Seems to give some good ones 

but they have to bring it to Games pass level (in general not $1 glitch to get hold of subscribers)

Rest Kratos will take care of

Just throw in all the ps1, ps2 and ps3 classics in ps now and you have a clear winner there!

Edited by kmkaks

15 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Microsoft seems to be confident about next gen. Sony should make some move. 

I hope you realize all those channels are Xbox fanboy biased.

18 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Special sauce is the new secret sauce.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/RDNA-2-5-Rumor-says-PS5-to-include-some-exclusive-RDNA-3-features.463470.0.html

Apparently PS5 will have "RDNA 3" architecture for it's GPU

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes the same 

I don’t know what it exactly was coz I stopped following Xbox after 360 

but I vaguely remember it being some sort of plan for 1 month which ppl used to attach their gold for full year 

don’t know exactly what it was but a company must be in do or die situation for giving all those AAA games practically free for next 3 years

& Yeah as you rightly pointed good way of making sure you don’t roll over & die in generation transition when you have ppl tied to this “free AAA subscription”

Well this service is like Netflix and prime etc. So you basically have to give original content for free in the hope the that subscribers increase quickly and substantially which is quite evident by the 10 million figure (even Netflix and prime give away a month free) . I am sure it effects the money earned by Xbox but they have opened their games on steam as well ,so surely that helps to earn back the lost sales in this initial period.

Also your heavy emphasis on practically giving away free games means nothing now when some of the top games like fortnite, warzone and apex etc are free and earning in billions.

The Xbox brand is clearly at its strongest point in this generation or even compared to the previous ones.  They just need a halo or a gears equivalent in this coming gen and they will unstoppable with the moves they have been making. They already have 8-9 more studios in the last 2 few years who all have multiple games in development. You are already looking at 12-15 more exclusives to fight against Sony and Nintendo .

I think it's best to see how it plays out ,but it's very exciting to say the least.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

I think Cerny would have communicated the same at the developers conference if that was the case , no place better than that in front of all the Dev's around the world . 99% of these rumours start with desperate insiders looking to boost their online presence , ps5 was a 13tf console at till a few hours before the spec reveal :giggle:.

RDNA 2 then 2.5 and now RDNA 3 features exclusive to PS5? 

Why? MS didn't pay AMD enough or what?

Now MS will be pissed, they'll go straight to Nvidia for some 'exclusive' features. :lol: