Every generation takes a leap on resolution & textures 

so yes developers will always prefer 30fps in open world games 

PC gamers are the only ones who are not bound by generations 

so they are the only ones who will enjoy true 60fps gameplay across the board 

forevever

Join the dark side :naughty:

59 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCSH5vR_4kdm_BOBfwqa0

Heavy items like TV and every other kind of white goods appliance are made in India because of high volumes sold, importing such heavy items fully assembled and packaged costs big buccs in terms of customs, duties and tax.

Only fancy high end variants(65 inch 8k QLED TV for example ) among these items are imported, because of low volumes sold and price not being a barrier to prospective customers.

Mobile phones ship high volumes here, especially the 10-15k cheeni phones from Xiaomi and that OppoVivoOnePlus company, so again with such high volumes, they make good savings of duty, taxes etc by making the phones at some foxconn/wistron factory here than by importing them in retail boxes.

Made in China currently is only for those cheap plastic items, cheapo furniture made of "wood" that is sawdust and glue, Gaming PC Components, gaming consoles, Laptops, AIO PC's etc.

All of these are either very cheap to import or don't ship in high enough volumes to necessitate domestic manufacture.

The problem with the boycott china meme is there isn't much of a choice in certain product categories, your xbones and ps4s are all made by Foxconn in some Chinese city's outskirts.

Great!! Thanks for informing me!! Didn't know about this.

29 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Join the dark side :naughty:

i5 4690K @ 4.3ghz | Corsair vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER | 

These specs are giving you pure 60 fps in new open world games??

Man most pure "PC Master Race" gamers who deal in ultra settings max fps will consider that rig hardly better than a console. In fact, consoles will give better performance in some (rather many) cases. 

@AnK PC Gaming crosses generations, if you have tons of money to throw at it. And the price keeps on increasing each gen. In Maxwell Gen (NVidia GTX 970, 980 etc.) a 1 lakh Rs PC would get you max FPS Ultra Games. In Pascal Gen (1070, 1080 etc.), it was manageable increase with a 1.5 lakh PC giving you max performance. In Turing Gen (Geforce 20xx Series) 1 lakh+ Rs would be only the cost of the high end GPU. So to get proper 60 fps very high/ultra settings, you need to spend at least 2-2.3 lakh+ on entire PC. And in the next gen, expect it to increase even more.

Not to mention, many games are still not optimized for PC properly on launch, many come to PC as timed exclusives later, DRM BS etc. all of which eat up frames. And the depreciation is bad. I'm on a 1080 ti, but I don't know if it will run high graphic 2022-23 games at a proper FPS (Would be lucky if I get proper 30 fps even). But with a console I'm guaranteed that all games will run well till at least 2028, given the track record. PC is like literally buying an experimental tech to get max performance on high end games. High performance, if all stars align - but very high depreciation and other negatives to go with it as well (so long as it's only related to gaming. For everything else, including convenience - Desktop PC is a must)

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

I’m not a hardcore gamer anymore 

no point 

few less pixels & framerates don’t matter to me now 

As long as the games & experience is good 

PS:- f**k all,just give me God Of War 2 

Join the Gray side :naughty:

Not a fan of Pc gaming since I've not had a good experience with budget gaming PCs post ps2 gen, but definitely agree that Pc gaming transcends generations and that is a huge plus point.

I can browse steam abd pickup even games from 1990s if I feel like playing.

E.g - I recently wanted to play Donald duck Maui Mallard which released in 90s, but its not available on any platform except PC (steam).

Not a fan of Pc gaming since I've not had a good experience with budget gaming PCs post ps2 gen, but definitely agree that Pc gaming transcends generations and that is a huge plus point.

I can browse steam and pickup games from 1990s if I feel like playing them.

E.g - Recently wanted to play Donald duck Maui Mallard which released in the 90s, but its not available on any platform other than PC (steam).

Edited by playstationdude

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

i5 4690K @ 4.3ghz | Corsair vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER | 

These specs are giving you pure 60 fps in new open world games??

Man most pure "PC Master Race" gamers who deal in ultra settings max fps will consider that rig hardly better than a console. In fact, consoles will give better performance in some (rather many) cases. 

@AnK PC Gaming crosses generations, if you have tons of money to throw at it. And the price keeps on increasing each gen. In Maxwell Gen (NVidia GTX 970, 980 etc.) a 1 lakh Rs PC would get you max FPS Ultra Games. In Pascal Gen (1070, 1080 etc.), it was manageable increase with a 1.5 lakh PC giving you max performance. In Turing Gen (Geforce 20xx Series) 1 lakh+ Rs would be only the cost of the high end GPU. So to get proper 60 fps very high/ultra settings, you need to spend at least 2-2.3 lakh+ on entire PC. And in the next gen, expect it to increase even more.

Not to mention, many games are still not optimized for PC properly on launch, many come to PC as timed exclusives later, DRM BS etc. all of which eat up frames. And the depreciation is bad. I'm on a 1080 ti, but I don't know if it will run high graphic 2022-23 games at a proper FPS (Would be lucky if I get proper 30 fps even). But with a console I'm guaranteed that all games will run well till at least 2028, given the track record. PC is like literally buying an experimental tech to get max performance on high end games. High performance, if all stars align - but very high depreciation and other negatives to go with it as well (so long as it's only related to gaming. For everything else, including convenience - Desktop PC is a must)

No, i am a poor person so can't afford top of the line hardware :fear1:

Like i do get proper 60 fps in AC Greece and AC Egypt if i'm not in the city/town areas, basically more NPC's need more CPU cores/threads to keep putting out 60 fps, this is also an issue in games like Witcher 3 or any open world that has loads of NPCs in cities.

if i had those new AMD/Intel 6 core 12 thread cpu's i could get full 60 fps, maybe ultra at 1080p,

btw if those PC master race walas think my box is hardly better than a console they probably play on 1440p or 4K , for 1080p my rig manages most games at ultra 60 fps 1080p, except open world towns/cities because those are CPU bound.

yes you 1080ti will manage at 30fps, locked, unless you play on 1440p or 4k etc.

TLDR with PC you get flexibility, you tone down settings to get 60fps if you wish.

You are right thought that every gen everything seems to get an obscene price increase :rofl:

Anyway AnK is family man now so i guess no gaming of any kind for him in the future :/

btw PS5 and XSX should be able to do 60 FPS, but then 4K and fancy graphics sell games, not FPS, nobody cares about FPS, or so thinks marketing

Man, PC gaming has such a bad rap with people thinking you need to spend lakhs and lakhs on it.

IIRC, I assembled my PC for around 55-56K (including monitor and KB/mouse) back in 2012 and then upgraded my GPU for around 22K in 2015 (could've sold by old GPU for a small sum but gave it to a cousin). I'm still using that same PC and play most new games on medium-high settings at 1080p and they still look and play on par, if not better, than on my PS4 Pro. I can't go above 1080p on my PC though but I prefer higher framerate over higher resolution anyway.

There's obviously a big price difference but I must've recouped that at least a few multiple times over with how absurdly cheaper games are on PC (more so for someone like me who plays a lot of indie games).

I'm not trying to downplay consoles because they do have their own benefits. My point is that you don't always have to buy the absolute top tier components and game on the highest ultra settings on PC. Your PC does not become obsolete if it isn't able to do that in a few years because it can still hold its own for a long time. I'm, of course, speaking entirely from my own experience.

5 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Its made by Chinese dude? Da fuk. Man f**k China. Im not touching this sh*t anymore.

Overacting mat kar, jaise hi lockdown khulega to chinese theke pe 2 plate hakka noodles, special singapuri fried rice, dry manchurian aur chicken lollipop with schezwan sauce ka pehla order tera hi jayega.. 

aur banane waala bhi 'Chinese dude' hi hoga.. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Overacting mat kar, jaise hi lockdown khulega to chinese theke pe 2 plate hakka noodles, special singapuri fried rice, dry manchurian aur chicken lollipop with schezwan sauce ka pehla order tera hi jayega.. 

aur banane waala bhi 'Chinese dude' hi hoga.. 

LOL No..I boycott all.

Back to topic, Looks like Halo Infinite will have 4k60 fps, 120fps mode and 4k30fps with RT mode lol.. 120fps mode pointless.. How many own 120Hz TV here? Waste of resources and time to create such mode

Edited by WhiteWolf

6 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

LOL No..I boycott all.

Back to topic, Looks like Halo Infinite will have 4k60 fps, 120fps mode and 4k30fps with RT mode lol.. 120fps mode pointless.. How many own 120Hz TV here? Waste of resources and time to create such mode

I dont even like 60fps mode . I would prefer the 4k with RT option even if the fps is between 30-40.