PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

^^This is borderline Kinnect level of Harakiri Xbox is committing 

Even PS5 might suffer because of this 

having a restriction on PS4-PS4pro or

XBoxOne-OneX was ok 

but forcing developers to keep making games for last gen tech is just plain bad 

Imagine if The Witcher 3 or Batman Arkham Knight or Rainbow 6 Siege  were forced to put out PS360 ports 

It is that level of f**kery 

I hope M$ is forced to drop this strategy 

just like Kinnect 

the whole point of console generations is to give the developers a  stronger( hardware wise ) base line to make games for.

PC Games like Diablo 3 or the 3 starcraft 2 games or Dota 2 don't look all that good because they aren't made for 4k 420 fps 16 core 64GB RAM PC master race computers, but for the plebby computers that the every man uses.

If they continue doing this we won't know the difference now, but 3 years later when some new Dad of Boi or Spider-Man or ND game comes out the difference will be stark between xpotato series x and PS5

As it is they made Gears Halo Forza multiplat anyway, and now this stupidity, destroying their muh 12 TFLOPS "advantage"

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

One highly probable, but really bad news that can happen is - SEGA announcing they are going the way of Konami. No more game releases and they will only be focusing on Pachinko from now on. That will be a big announcement indeed. But a really bad one.

No way they are teasing 'quitting game industry' as a big upcoming announcement... no chance of this being the case.

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

So it’s safe to say Only Sony First Party Games will show us true next gen until M$ drops their agenda 

I hope that is as quick as Kinnect 

Their word means for nothing. They'll most likely throw a bunch of CGI trailers for games coming 3-4 years later (if they don't get cancelled) after Sony's lineup. Remember mattrick announcing new halo trilogy (4-5-6) will be on 360.

42 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

JRPGs are doing pretty weel honestly. Sure, Japan likes their own games, but they do come out of Japan too. You see videos on Youtube of people abroad, going on Playasia and stuff and grabbing those Japan-exclusive PS4 games that have English subtitles (sometimes). They do have pretty lit covers though. 

Considering Royal just came out, announcing another new Persona game is unlikely. The Switch port could happen, Persona and Switch are both huge in Japan, Im surprised Royal wasn't already announced for Switch considering their gamer base.

There are extreme enthusiasts for everything. And that's all those type of games can cater to abroad. Not exactly a big market to justify you (MS) paying millions of dollars to acquire studios for.

Also, if Atlus is actually banking on Persona (High chance, they have no other IPs on consoles as of now, with SMT in limbo), then it's not too late. Persona 3 released in NA on August 2007, Persona 3 FES (Extended Edition) on April 2008 and Persona 4 on December 2008 (All NA releases). It was only after that, that we got the giant gaps. With Persona 4 Golden releasing on 2011 and Persona 5 on 2016/17. Plus, it's better to put in a teaser now. I think Atlus teased Persona 5 on 2011 for PS3. And we only started getting concrete info on 2015, with release in 2016 (JP and 2017 (NA/EU).

As far as Switch port is concerned, I have a theory that Atlus has a deal with both Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo will get all SMT exclusives and Sony will get mainline Persona as exclusives. Maybe, that's why Switch did not get any Persona 4 or 5 ports, although there are tons of fans over there (Same for Sony and SMT+Spin-offs)

@GeraltOfRivia Are you sure they can't announce quitting the industry? That would be a massive troll and great PR stunt for their new Pachinko venture you know.

SEGA sub system does not make sense though. They have a very limited library, covering a very limited number of genres. They don't have something like FIFA which makes high, guaranteed MTX money - which justifies giving new games for cheap sub fees. Their library is also skewed to the JPN region (Very limited western games, that are not too popular) and their flagship Sonic franchise has been ruined with repeated poor quality games over the past decade. In fact, I think Sonic Movie is more successful than any of it's recent video games. And their competitor will be MS gamepass and EA Premier. Why would they even go down this route?

Edited by roun90

41 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Also, if Atlus is actually banking on Persona (High chance, they have no other IPs on consoles as of now, with SMT in limbo), then it's not too late. Persona 3 released in NA on August 2007, Persona 3 FES (Extended Edition) on April 2008 and Persona 4 on December 2008 (All NA releases). It was only after that, that we got the giant gaps. With Persona 4 Golden releasing on 2011 and Persona 5 on 2016/17. Plus, it's better to put in a teaser now. I think Atlus teased Persona 5 on 2011 for PS3. And we only started getting concrete info on 2015, with release in 2016 (JP and 2017 (NA/EU).

As far as Switch port is concerned, I have a theory that Atlus has a deal with both Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo will get all SMT exclusives and Sony will get mainline Persona as exclusives. Maybe, that's why Switch did not get any Persona 4 or 5 ports, although there are tons of fans over there (Same for Sony and SMT+Spin-offs)

Yeah, but Sony consoles did already get the Persona spinoffs. Considering this is all that Atlus has (its not small by any means, its one of the best game franchises out there), I don't think they'd try to double team Sony and Nintendo by splitting their wares and offering mainline games to Sony and spinoffs to Nintendo. 

I see the logic behind it, spinoff party games might play better on the Switch, but can't they do both consoles? 

And what is the Series X takes over both Sony and Nintendo when it drops? Unlikely lmao, Sony and Nintendo both have an excellent line of first party games that back them up well.

MS needs to bring the heat for this one. If they do acquire Atlus, and get the next Persona game to be a Series X exclusive, that would work in their favour quite a bit. But thats just one IP, not enough to sell a console. 

I personally think they'll just announce a Royal port-over to the Switch. 

9 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Maybe MS is buying sega.

or maybe a new sega console?

MS buying Sega would probably be the worst decision Sega makes since most of their sales are on non MS consoles

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Was confirmed to be a full remake years ago. Bigger scope than shadow of the Colossus

Want MGS1 or Syphon Filter remake, will be disappointed if its DeS

2 hours ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

This. My guess is some sort of Sega games subscription service like EA access.

Only if they go with XGP or PSNow will it be of any worth

7 hours ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

People gonna be mad if Sega's "industry changing" announcement is something like launching their own game subscription service or such.

It's definitely either a console of some kind or some collaboration for it to be industry changing. 

Y would people be mad if it's a subscription? Ea,ms ,Sony all have subscriptions now . As long as it's not locked to a platform ,it should be fine except for fanboys who cry for everything.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Only if they go with XGP or PSNow will it be of any worth

I doubt they will go with ps now and it's 2 million install base , plus their games already do well on ps.

Xbox will be more desperate for a Collab with Sega considering how few consoles they sell in Japan . Also with xcloud being a thing and a part of gamepass it's their best opportunity to compete there and increase their subscribers. Hardware sales will always be insignificant there.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Y would people be mad if it's a subscription?

Because paying for dozens of subscriptions isn't really exciting, especially when at the end of the day we will end up with nothing once we stop paying. It would be better to have only one or two such services with good catalogues like Gamepass/PS Now, rather than every publisher having their own subscription model.

1 hour ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Because paying for dozens of subscriptions isn't really exciting,

Games will become one kind of renting services if each and every developers/publishers start giving games on subscription. Ownership of a game will be gone for good. 

Not a bad thing but it will become very hectic to serve and maintain these kind of services on platforms. Maybe disks will become a thing of a past by the 10th generation of consoles. 

6 hours ago, roun90 said:

SEGA sub system does not make sense though. They have a very limited library, covering a very limited number of genres.

That's what I think, SEGA doesn't have a variety of games which people will prefer subscribing, outside JP ofcourse.