PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

"AT&T is reportedly looking to sell the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment gaming division, which includes studios like NetherRealm, Avalanche, and Rocksteady. The deal could be valued at $4 billion and there’s reported interest from companies like Take-Two, EA, and Activision Blizzard."

https://www.ign.com/articles/rocksteady-netherrealm-wb-sale-att-batman-mortal-kombat

43 minutes ago, Maximus said:

"AT&T is reportedly looking to sell the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment gaming division, which includes studios like NetherRealm, Avalanche, and Rocksteady. The deal could be valued at $4 billion and there’s reported interest from companies like Take-Two, EA, and Activision Blizzard."

https://www.ign.com/articles/rocksteady-netherrealm-wb-sale-att-batman-mortal-kombat

Could also see Tencent jumping in. Maybe MS too. 

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Could also see Tencent jumping in. Maybe MS too. 

No need for ms to jump in ,these games will be multiplats No matter who gets them. Rather invest or acquire other studios for gamepass. They can easily get 5-6 good studios with that money.

Edited by triggr happy ss

If either Sony or MS buy rocksteady and WB IPs, its a massive blow to gamers. Some game IPs should traditionally be multiplat (  case in point Spiderman IP).

If games like Harry potter and Batman are limited to one console, its pretty sad cause the base characters themselves are not exclusive to either Sony or MZ.

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

If either Sony or MS buy rocksteady and WB IPs, its a massive blow to gamers. Some game IPs should traditionally be multiplat (  case in point Spiderman IP).

If games like Harry potter and Batman are limited to one console, its pretty sad cause the base characters themselves are not exclusive to either Sony or MZ.

IPs remain with Warner. They are not part of the deal. Its just the studios (talent, building, etc.)

9 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Spiderman IP is multiplatform. Activision can always make another Amazing Spiderman game if Marvel wants it. The last few games were truly 'amazing' :rofl: 

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Batman, Harry Potter or any other IP's AT&T owns aren't part of the deal. Only WB original IPs will be included - such as Mortal Kombat, F.E.A.R, NOLF, Scribblenauts, etc,.

The new WB owners will have to negotiate commercial licensing agreement where AT&T can continue to get revenue from its IP. 

• Avalanche Software
  • Monolith Productions
  • NetherRealm Studios
  • Portkey Games
  • Rocksteady Studios
  • TT Games
  • WB Games Boston
  • WB Games Montréal
  • WB Games New York
  • WB Games San Diego
  • WB Games San Francisco

Hi all

I was using an 1tb internal HDD for my ps4 , now thats busted as hell. I use a 2tb external HDD for my games.

I dont want to spend more than 2.5k for an internal HDD which will just be used for the system OS. + plus with the ps5 coming out soon , the ps4 will be used for max another 12-14 months.

Will a 120gb ssd suffice? is it really worth it using an SSD on the ps4?

Or shall i go for any 250gb sata HDD out there?

22 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Hi all

I was using an 1tb internal HDD for my ps4 , now thats busted as hell. I use a 2tb external HDD for my games.

I dont want to spend more than 2.5k for an internal HDD which will just be used for the system OS. + plus with the ps5 coming out soon , the ps4 will be used for max another 12-14 months.

Will a 120gb ssd suffice? is it really worth it using an SSD on the ps4?

Or shall i go for any 250gb sata HDD out there?

If you are going to run games via external anyways, I doubt SSD for internal makes sense for you(and unnecessary cost as well). May be get 250gb regular HD. 

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

If you are going to run games via external anyways, I doubt SSD for internal makes sense for you(and unnecessary cost as well). May be get 250gb regular HD. 

ya im running all my games on an external HDD.....

same thought here about ssd being a waste of money.....but i want to know how much space does the system OS occupy? i guess 250gb will be sufficient for it.

Also any suggestions about Seagate/WD? Some are saying to avoid seagate.

23 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Dp

Edited by kold_war

23 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Triple post :p

Edited by kold_war

7 minutes ago, adity said:

SSD has minimal benefits for ps4 because of other bottlenecks. Just go for the cheapest hdd. 

ya will do that....but which is better...seagate or WD? some are saying to avoid Seagate. I kinda concur with them as the previous HDD was Seagate.

44 minutes ago, kold_war said:

ya will do that....but which is better...seagate or WD? some are saying to avoid Seagate. I kinda concur with them as the previous HDD was Seagate.

I'd avoid Seagate