PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

19 minutes ago, adity said:

Seagate used to have high failure rates but its fine now. I have 2 Seagate hdd working fine since 3-5 years. 

Naa ive had external HDDs of seagate too....theyre mediocre........last year one of the external HDD of seagate died all of a sudden...barely was used for 2 years.

I have 5-6 HDDs, all are Seagate. Though I only use them for backup, not continuos usage. Only Seagate that went bad was the one I used for continuous gameplay on 360, but that hdd had loads of uninstalls and installs. I don't think external HDDs are designed for continuous usage like gaming. Just use them for backup.

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I have 5-6 HDDs, all are Seagate. Though I only use them for backup, not continuos usage. Only Seagate that went bad was the one I used for continuous gameplay on 360, but that hdd had loads of uninstalls and installs. I don't think external HDDs are designed for continuous usage like gaming. Just use them for backup.

Yup exactly I need them for continuous use.....seems like WD performs better in.that aspect 

8 hours ago, Snake said:

I'd avoid Seagate

That's ironical. the licensed ps4 hard drive is from Seagate. LOL!

I also finally decided to use one of my external 2TB HDD which was just lying around and not being used with the PS4. Haven't started using it yet. I was constantly running out of space on the internal drive.

I am planning to use this hard drive which i bought back in 2016.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00GO0HY68/

Is it good enough to be used with the PS4?

8 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

That's ironical. the licensed ps4 hard drive is from Seagate. LOL!

I also finally decided to use one of my external 2TB HDD which was just lying around and not being used with the PS4. Haven't started using it yet. I was constantly running out of space on the internal drive.

I am planning to use this hard drive which i bought back in 2016.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00GO0HY68/

Is it good enough to be used with the PS4?

Ya this is my external HDD for games rn. Seems decent so far. It's the internal ones of Seagate that have been failing for me.

Maybe I got a faulty PS4 ??‍♂️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, -13- said:

I bet everything above that USB port is just a giant cooling block, fan and maybe PSU. The motherboard just ends where USB port is, which is probably why it is smack dab in the middle.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

I bet everything above that USB port is just a giant cooling block, fan and maybe PSU. The motherboard just ends where USB port is, which is probably why it is smack dab in the middle.

What's that other port though? Looks similar to a USB-C port but what purpose would that serve?

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Remembering Some of the best exclusives over the last two generations by Sony & Partners:-

(Only 85 & above on meta,best pick from franchise in a single generation)

To be continued.....

Wow what an era it was :cry: 

The visuals look so dated, can't believe how far we have come. 

11 hours ago, -13- said:

Bc look at that height difference! This will take up so much space :angry:

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Some articles going aeound saying that the prices PS5 pricing leaked on Amazon UK.

Digital console - 399£

With blu ray drive - 499£

Will still prefer the disc version. Want them steelbook edition games :P 

2 minutes ago, adity said:

That and used game market prices move a lot better than Psn sales. Like you can get a used game for say 20% less rather than waiting for 6 months to drop it by 50%. You can basically decide how long you want to wait to buy a game. Free market > monopoly. 

Of course! Used games are sometimes better than the psn prices. Disc version any damn day for me.

27 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Also 4K blu ray player.

Like in that TV thread everyone oohs and aaahs  about their 1 lakh plus 50+ inches LG and Sony 4K HDR OLED TV's, it would be a waste if they only watched low bitrate 1080p streamed movies and shows on it :lol:

I also thing Sony is going for a media player push like it did in PS3 era, because they are advertising the little remote openly now along with the usual accessories

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Also 4K blu ray player.

Like in that TV thread everyone oohs and aaahs  about their 1 lakh plus 50+ inches LG and Sony 4K HDR OLED TV's, it would be a waste if they only watched low bitrate 1080p streamed movies and shows on it :lol:

I also thing Sony is going for a media player push like it did in PS3 era, because they are advertising the little remote openly now along with the usual accessories

for that i have an xbone :P but ya 100% agreed

Regarding the sony media player push....aren't they like selling media remote alongside the ps5? That'll suffice most ppl's media player needs i assume

38 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Also 4K blu ray player.

My 20TB NAS with uncompressed 4K HDR collection laughs in the face of 4K blu ray players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kold_war said:

Still PS5 looks like a futuristic console

XSX is like square Alexa, don't know whats wrong with them folks.