PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

27 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Batman vs a boss fight against the greatest assassin in the world (Deathstroke). Imagine all the good talented people at Rocksteady brainstorming the ideas, and the best one they come up with is to put both of them in tanks and go boom boom against each other :rofl: 

They already blew the opportunity :rofl:

I know Rocksteady didn't make AO but still :lol:

I really expected Slade to pop out of the tank when it's about to blow or something, but kuch nahi hua :rofl:

Hey guys, one more n00b question. I was reading about PSN game sharing and I what I could gather is that the other person has to have my username and pass for login into his ps4 and make that as primary account. That is all I need right? He can see the game in purchased section, right? Am I missing something or is this enough. 

OT: finished GOW3, excellent game!

10 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Hey guys, one more n00b question. I was reading about PSN game sharing and I what I could gather is that the other person has to have my username and pass for login into his ps4 and make that as primary account. That is all I need right? He can see the game in purchased section, right? Am I missing something or is this enough. 

OT: finished GOW3, excellent game!

Yup that is how it worked a few years ago but not sure if it's the same now. 

The other person would be able to download games off your account and play them on different accounts on the same ps4

• Like 1

Yup that is how it worked a few years ago but not sure if it's the same now. 
The other person would be able to download games off your account and play them on different accounts on the same ps4
So he doesn't even have to be on my account once he downloads his game. Great. Thanks.

Nothing changed. 

10 hours ago, dante77 said:

So he doesn't even have to be on my account once he downloads his game. Great. Thanks.

Yep. As long account is set to primary, the game can be played from any profile on that PS4 console. 

• Like 1

I realized how important backward compatibility is for every console. There were some games that I missed on ps3 and now I want to play them but no way to play apart from buying PS3.

Folklore and GOW Ascension, I really wanted to play them but they are not available for PS4. I believe it is easy for a console to be backwards compatible for digital games compared to disc based games so I think they should be mandatory now lol.

Folklore I have played a bit but after my PS3 YLODed, there was no way I was gonna buy another one!

38 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I realized how important backward compatibility is for every console. There were some games that I missed on ps3 and now I want to play them but no way to play apart from buying PS3.

Folklore and GOW Ascension, I really wanted to play them but they are not available for PS4. I believe it is easy for a console to be backwards compatible for digital games compared to disc based games so I think they should be mandatory now lol.

Folklore I have played a bit but after my PS3 YLODed, there was no way I was gonna buy another one!

lol and for all crying about HURR DURR WE GET ONLY REMASTERS nobody bothered to remaster the Resistance series or MGS4 and many others.

I still think we won't get BC this gen, inspite of all the "assurances" 

Developer Speaks About Lockhart "Holding Back Next Gen." And PS5 VS XSX Dev Kits

Decided to ask a buddy of mine in the industry about the Lockhart and Series X vs PS5 and what he thinks so far. He is working on Borderlands 3 for Next Gen right now.

When I asked about Lockhart "holding back next gen." He had this to say:

"I really hate this term as it doesn't make any sense in terms of how games are actually made but I understand what people are trying to say. But if you have ever designed a game there isn't much you can and can not do. Its all a matter of what you are willing to put time/resources into to get working correctly. Whenever a new generation of consoles happens it allows creators to get things working faster and easier. Lockhart when we/my team was first briefed on it sounded really bad on paper.

Microsoft failed on providing real dev kits and details on the project. We didn't get any type of Lockhart hardware until very recently. Before we actually had the hardware we were given a profile on Anaconda dev kits that would mimic what Lockhart would be. But Microsoft never mentioned that it would have the same CPU and an SSD or how much RAM they intended Lockhart to have. I suspect this was because they themselves hadn't decided. To put it bluntly, they released these profiles far too early. The tools they provided made us hate Lockhart.

That changed once we got Lockhart Dev kits. It is indeed the same CPU and SSD and getting up and running on this device was super easy compared to Anaconda running in the Lockhart profile. We have been able to do the work we want on Anaconda and get it running on Lockhart with not a ton of work but it has required a bit more time to make sure the code runs on both machines in the same fashion. Its not something we are really worried about anymore. As the generation goes on I feel like this will be the approach for many studios. You start on Anaconda and then optimize for Lockhart. There is nothing the Lockhart can't do that the Anaconda can.

The one thing I have heard thats concerning is that Lockhart dev kits are not common. It seems like Microsoft really wants to be able to use Anaconda to accurately portray Lockhart performance and that has not been the experience my team has had. The profiles and tools are getting better on Anaconda in terms of mimicking Lockhart, but if you don't have a Lockhart dev kit, I feel like you are not going to be able to see how it accurately runs on Lockhart. Maybe this will change, but as of right now you really need a Lockhart Dev kit to understand it. For smaller teams I could see the optimization process being more time consuming but the tools provided by Microsoft have come a long way. They make it very easy to jump from one kit to another and the Lockhart kit is equipped with a lot of tools that help you see exactly where code needs to be looked at. Ray Tracing is one area that they seemed to have focused on and have made it very easy to adjust the levels."

I asked about PS5 Dev kits vs Series X dev kits and which console has the upper hand?

"PS5 dev kit is a bit easier to work with. Its well thought out and designed in ways that make it a bit easier to tweak and change things vs Anaconda. To say I prefer one over the other isn't' really fair because both are very good, but its just a bit easier to work with PS5. But Anaconda has the upper hand in terms of us being able to really push effects. The difference will come down to effects over resolution for us. We have both dev kits pushing 4K/60 on Borderlands 3 and we have almost zero loading times on both kits. Looking at them side by side the image is very similar.

9 hours ago, -13- said:

the holding back meme will only apply if the Lockhart outsells the other two.

You won't have some low-install base potato as your "main platform".

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

I'm trying to buy EA Access for an year. 
 I have around 100 $ in my account. But it asks for CC to buy subscription :Doh: 

Is it not possible to buy using the money i have in my wallet ? 

Unfortunately you can’t. You need to add CC/DC or Paypal account.

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

I'm trying to buy EA Access for an year. 
 I have around 100 $ in my account. But it asks for CC to buy subscription :Doh: 

Is it not possible to buy using the money i have in my wallet ? 

Nope. Need active CC/Paypal to buy sub. :rofl:

Just now, Joe Cool said:

On one hand, they stuff their games with lootboxes, mtx, and content cut up to be sold at DLC...

On the other hand they refuse to take your money 

comedy company :lol:

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I'm buying from US account. Unable to add Indian CC or even my paypal account..
I gave up buying the subscription now. 

48 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

On one hand, they stuff their games with lootboxes, mtx, and content cut up to be sold at DLC...

On the other hand they refuse to take your money 

comedy company :lol:

:lol: 
Irony.. 

9 hours ago, silentassassin said:

I'm buying from US account. Unable to add Indian CC or even my paypal account..
I gave up buying the subscription now.

Same. Wanted to get that 99 cents sub for a month. It's irritating something basic like this is not there.

3 hours ago, b!T said:

Same. Wanted to get that 99 cents sub for a month. It's irritating something basic like this is not there.

If you're on Indian PSN its 320 or something a month if I'm not wrong.

7 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

If you're on Indian PSN its 320 or something a month if I'm not wrong.

Yeah, its 315. I took that when US didn't work out. I just wanted to play NFS heat.