PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Sorry, how do you know this again?

because literally every  current gen game """remastered" for next gen seems to have this 60 fps at whatever resolution, for example all ND games from PS3 era remastered at 1080p 60 fps, even gow3.

The Miles Morales game on PS5 also is going to be 4K 60, and that's because it was intended as PS4 game during development, later switched over to PS5 only.

Then again they can get away with 4K30, just look at how people lap up GTAV :rofl:

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Next PS-event they will open with Fortnite

You're not sarcastic right? this is indeed a very real possibility :lol:

21 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

ZrwEdoL_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Here is the comparison. Can anyone guess what is the cost of pc hardware needed to run the game at 4k30fps on above settings?

Just one small technicality which is always left out in these pcmr posts.

Lately I have been considering jumping into the pc bandwagon and started looking up the components I'd need for 4k-60fps gaming. 

After adding just the CPU & GPU -

FlipTable.jpg

48 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Lately I have been considering jumping into the pc bandwagon and started looking up the components I'd need for 4k-60fps gaming. 

FlipTable.jpg

You'll also need a 4k monitor.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

FlipTable.jpg

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

3 minutes ago, adity said:

I was just window shopping and looking at a 2060 super build. Costs roughly 1L to build from scratch. PC prices are out of whack. I can get a ps5 + 4k TV for that much. 

One counter argument I always get is that the cost can be recovered in games. I mean how? How can you recover 50k extra in games? Maybe over 4-5 years but that makes no economic sense.

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

Even if we leave out the monitor on the basis of "consoles don't come with the display either".

RAM, Motherboard, SSD/HDD, PSU, Cabinet, extra cooling stuff (I guess?).. just to point out the key ones.

13 minutes ago, adity said:

I was just window shopping and looking at a 2060 super build. Costs roughly 1L to build from scratch. PC prices are out of whack. I can get a ps5 + 4k TV for that much. 

And, based on what I have read, 2060 does not nearly cut it for 4K gaming.

4k/60fps, with the fidelity pc gamers constantly brag about, will require 2080 if I'm not wrong.

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

One counter argument I always get is that the cost can be recovered in games. I mean how? How can you recover 50k extra in games? Maybe over 4-5 years but that makes no economic sense.

More than 50k if we are talking 4k/60fps. 

Edited by quixote_1989

33 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Why though?

I'll give you an example of a game I bought recently - The Outer Wilds.

I got it for 175rs on steam whereas on PSN it costs 1997rs. That's a cost recovery of 1.7K on just one game. I can give you more examples if you like.

I do agree though that such a method won't make much sense to someone who only plays a few AAA games a year. But for someone like me who plays a lot of Indie and AA games (for lack of a better word), the difference in prices is insane. Prices on such games on PSN genuinely make me laugh.

And then there is the argument of the ability to sell console games. Again, for someone like me, who doesn't like to sell his games, that is a moot point. I much prefer buying something for cheap and owning it to play it whenever I feel like it.

There are, of course, many advantages of console gaming over PC gaming as well.

Ultimately, neither platform is definitively better than the other and it all comes down to preferences. 

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Why though?

I'll give you an example of a game I bought recently - The Outer Wilds.

I got it for 175rs on steam whereas on PSN it costs 1997rs. That's a cost recovery of 1.7K on just one game. I can give you more examples if you like.

I do agree though that such a method won't make much sense to someone who only plays a few AAA games a year. But for someone like me who plays a lot of Indie and AA games (for lack of a better word), the difference in prices is insane. Prices on such games on PSN genuinely make me laugh.

And then there is the argument of the ability to sell console games. Again, for someone like me, who doesn't like to sell his games, that is a moot point. I much prefer buying something for cheap and owning it to play it whenever I feel like it.

There are, of course, many advantages of console gaming over PC gaming as well.

Ultimately, neither platform is definitively better than the other and it all comes down to preferences. 

But what about AAA titles? For example let's not even focus on newly released games, how much does GTA 5 goes on steam right now vs getting ps4 version from amazon?

Or let's take RDR2, in recent sale it went for 2.1 or 2.5k on steam, right now it's 3k while you can get it on Ps4 from amazon for 2.5k.

I don't think including Indies as a value proposition is correct.

16 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

But what about AAA titles? For example let's not even focus on newly released games, how much does GTA 5 goes on steam right now vs getting ps4 version from amazon?

Or let's take RDR2, in recent sale it went for 2.1 or 2.5k on steam, right now it's 3k while you can get it on Ps4 from amazon for 2.5k.

Like I admitted in my post, it doesn't make much sense to someone who plays mostly AAA titles.

But there are some cases where you can get AAA titles for cheap much quicker than on consoles. And not to mention game pass, where you can play a bunch of AAA games (including first party MS titles on day one) for dirt cheap.

Also, if you go in for some exploits like using VPN on steam (which admittedly is probably not a permanent thing), you can get AAA games for very cheap.

I pre-ordered DOOM Eternal for 2K this way. That's a 2K price difference even before release.

Also, why is including indies and AA games as a value proposition not right? I play a lot of them and I definitely see that as good value considering the difference in prices on steam vs PSN.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

10 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Also, if you go in for some exploits like using VPN on steam (which admittedly is probably not a permanent thing), you can get AAA games for very cheap.

I pre-ordered DOOM Eternal for 2K this way.

Please don't do this. This behavior is what will ultimately lead to the death of Regional Pricing. Already most games have removed regional pricing. Continue this for a bit more time, and we can all be happy paying $60 for all games (US Prices) and indies at $50 (Again US Prices) World over and without the ability to resell as well. This will ultimately kill off PC gaming completely.

Piracy lead to Denuvo, VPN will lead to high prices - and ultimately it will be the legit customers who will suffer. Once a publisher decides that a market is not worth it to offer regional prices, it's very rare they will go back on their decision.

Edited by roun90

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Please don't do this. This behavior is what will ultimately lead to the death of Regional Pricing. Already most games have removed regional pricing. Continue this for a bit more time, and we can all be happy paying $60 for all games (US Prices) and indies at $50 (Again US Prices) World over and without the ability to resell as well. This will ultimately kill off PC gaming completely.

Piracy lead to Denuvo, VPN will lead to high prices - and ultimately it will be the legit customers who will suffer.

I get where you're coming from.

What alternative would you suggest? Paying full price of 4K to get back regional pricing? (not being sarcastic)

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I get where you're coming from.

What alternative would you suggest? Paying full price of 4K to get back regional pricing? (not being sarcastic)

Waiting till the games become cheap is an alternative. Nowadays Epic Store has even better deals than Steam. 

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Waiting till the games become cheap is an alternative. Nowadays Epic Store has even better deals than Steam. 

Yeah, I do that quite a bit (except for games which I cannot wait to play :P).

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Even if we leave out the monitor on the basis of "consoles don't come with the display either".

RAM, Motherboard, SSD/HDD, PSU, Cabinet, extra cooling stuff (I guess?).. just to point out the key ones.

And, based on what I have read, 2060 does not nearly cut it for 4K gaming.

4k/60fps, with the fidelity pc gamers constantly brag about, will require 2080 if I'm not wrong.

More than 50k if we are talking 4k/60fps. 

Not for all games lol.

You turn up all settings on RDR2 to max and still no single GPU will be able to put out 60 fps constantly on 4K.

58 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Doom Eternal was going for 2k on summer sale 

AC Origins Gold edition for 2.2k on PSN vs 900 on steam

AC Odyssey Gold edition 2.2k on PSN vs 1.6k on steam.

Steam and those key sites are still cheaper than PSN sales, but overtime PSN has also closed the gap real quick, but still Steam/PC is a little cheaper(or a lot depending on certain games ).

On PSN tho launch price games are consistently expensive, i.e 4K Gaming, on Steam though even launch price varies depending on each game, not every game is 4K

11 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

AC Odyssey Gold edition 2.2k on PSN vs 1.6k on steam.

Like I keep saying, even cheaper on Epic. I paid Rs 1.1k for Odyssey Gold. This was back in Decemeber too. Must have been even cheaper in the latest sale. 

Edited by dylanjosh

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Like I keep saying, even cheaper on Epic. I paid Rs 1.1k for Odyssey Gold. This was back in Decemeber too. Must have been even cheaper in the latest sale. 

Gold edition included both DLC? The Atlantis one and the other one?