PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Ban is only directed toward's TikToks home country, not the app itself :P

:scratchchin:Oh yeah. Haha MS trying to acquire it makes more sense now. They've already seen so many flops apart from the Windows scene. 

I am actually someone who liked Windows Phone and Lumia Range. Used that 1120 or whatever for a good 1yr. :fear1:

Edited by rAgHaV

24 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

:scratchchin:Oh yeah. Haha MS trying to acquire it makes more sense now. They've already seen so many flops apart from the Windows scene. 

I am actually someone who liked Windows Phone and Lumia Range. Used that 1120 or whatever for a good 1yr. :fear1:

It's actually because they don't have any social media or time-pass app money printer, I mean LinkedIn technically is social media but it isn't time pass, and probably doesn't print money for them.

The $$$$ extractable from windows is decreasing as the years pass, and they can't be Azure only.

So TikTok :rofl:

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

:rofl: 

Pre-downloading is welcome, of course, but unfortunately you can't do it on PC and Xbox One. Why? According to Activision: "Xbox does not support the ability to pre-download. Similarly, Battle.net does not currently support pre-downloads for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Warzone."

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pre-downloading is welcome, of course, but unfortunately you can't do it on PC and Xbox One. Why? According to Activision: "Xbox does not support the ability to pre-download. Similarly, Battle.net does not currently support pre-downloads for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Warzone."

The check includes "incentives" to not disclose the involvement of checks :P 

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The check includes "incentives" to not disclose the involvement of checks :P 

The salt is amazing

20200804_164530.jpg

Crazy numbers for playstation q1 20 all around. They actually sold more software this quarter than they did in the last holiday quarter. 74% sales digitally thanks to covid. 

And some people were happy that Sony's 2 tentpole exclusives were releasing in the midst of the pandemic. 

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

bePMl5a.png

Sony corp is a videogame company now that also makes TVs and cameras sometimes.

Finance? Wait what? Where is electronics?

Edited by kmkaks

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

bePMl5a.png

Sony corp is a videogame company now that also makes TVs and cameras sometimes.

The Ultra Chad "Half of my business is dependent on Gaming Revenue, i will do whatever it takes to preserve this  "

VS

The Apathetic "Most of my paisa comes from Windows contracts, Azure and now Minecraft, idk maybe it's time to can the Xbox consoles if this GP push doesn't work, just like Zune i guess, sorry Phil, just business, nothin personal"

gettyimages-626738964-e1547142850916.jpg

Also wtf where is the EPS section on the chart there? is  Sony that badly flopping on the TV, Camera, HT front?

2 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

They're a big insurance company in Japan. In fact it was one one of the pillars (along with imaging) of sony when ps brand was bleeding money. Both are still posting record profits even now. Just shows how incredibly well the ps brand is currently doing. It literally is printing money for them. 

Just now, adity said:

You can see the 0,0 between green and teal. Too small. 

F.

Sony Trinitrons were some of the best TVs ever made for their time.

Very sad how the rest of their formerly core consumer electronics divisions have flopped, TVs, Walkman, VAIO, Xperia all either turned obsolete or out-priced and out-innovated by competitors

Just anecdotal evidence but the cheapest possible 43 inch 4K IPS HDR capable LG TV goes for 40-45K, the Sony equivalent meanwhile goes for 65-68k  :(

Pity they are too headstrong to change course in the category of consumer electronics, people won't pay big bucks for brand alone, you can see PS3's early life for example.

11 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Its tiny, like less than 1%. They have a big insurance arm, used to be the only branch that made profit during PS3 days :lol: 

Also camera and sensors is in imaging section. Basically every camera right now uses Sony sensors (Canon, Nikon, iPhone etc).

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its tiny, like less than 1%. They have a big insurance arm, used to be the only branch that made profit during PS3 days :lol: 

Also camera and sensors is in imaging section. Basically every camera right now uses Sony sensors (Canon, Nikon, iPhone etc).

Wew, i used to always think the Big Lens DSLR walas have their own specific image sensor chips, never knew sony has a lock on that market too apart from smartphone image sensor market