PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Lol i laughed when they said this doesn't affect video games lol

36 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

it doesnt tho

TikTok is one of the biggest influencer platform. Amount of money made by top influencers is in line with YouTube...falls short by Insta though.

SM influence is one of the primary channels of user acquisition.

Got my entire work team to buy on steam as well. It has some mad moments though I hate some of the team based rounds. Had one moment where I couldn't get in the groove and just kept being thrown from one platform to the next and I was laughing so hard it was impossible to get ahead

:lol:

Just now, silentassassin said:

How to throw / push some one ? 
I hate slime run though. I hardly make progress..

R2. I managed to pull one guy and cross the line before him. Last spot :lol: Haven't tried to see how to push.

42 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

R2 is to grab. He'll just let go, if you release it..

R2 is to grab and you can also move the other person. You can grab and pull or grab and push. I'm assuming what he did there was grab and push release. Needs timing I guess. Will try it when I play next. 

On 7/31/2020 at 1:26 AM, rAgHaV said:

FK big billion day sale time is great for such products. I got my base ps4 in their first ever big billion and pro/monitor too. (in the Oct 2018 one).

Gave in to the 120fps hype and ordered a 1440p 144hz monitor. BenQ EX2780Q:unsure:

Edited by -13-
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, -13- said:

Gave in to the 120fps hype and ordered a 1440p 144hz monitor. BenQ EX2780Q:unsure:

Damages?

Also what made you go for 2K  vs 4K ?  is it to get 120fps vs 60 and you game on PC or is it for Next Gen consoles only

For Next Gen , do you see 2K being more than sufficient? I have been thinking of getting a 4K Monitor (which can be helpful for work and play on next gen consoles).

I thought of getting a 4K TV but that would mean, i have to get rid of perfectly fine LED TV and also need to game in living room where no HT setup exists.

So i am thinking to go for Monitor instead as i believe next gen would mostly be 4k 60 max (with very few games reaching 120 and lower quality textures).

For someone like me who always gamed on 1080p displays, that jump to 4k 60 would itself be big. But given that 2k displays are available more (and lots of options and cheaper), thinking if should go down similar route.

Congratulations on your purchase!!

Edited by Pacifier

2 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Damages?

Also what made you go for 2K  vs 4K ?  is it to get 120fps vs 60 and you game on PC or is it for Next Gen consoles only

For Next Gen , do you see 2K being more than sufficient? I have been thinking of getting a 4K Monitor (which can be helpful for work and play on next gen consoles).

I thought of getting a 4K TV but that would mean, i have to get rid of perfectly fine LED TV and also need to game in living room where no HT setup exists.

So i am thinking to go for Monitor instead as i believe next gen would mostly be 4k 60 max (with very few games reaching 120 and lower quality textures).

For someone like me who always gamed on 1080p displays, that jump to 4k 60 would itself be big. But given that 2k displays are available more (and lots of options and cheaper), thinking if should go down similar route.

2K has no support on PS4 and i doubt PS5 will have either.PS4 only supports output at 1080p or 4K atm.

120 fps is a meme on consoles, considering they don't even have the e-sports titles over there, on PC you have Dota2, CSGO, Sc2 etc, all these benefit from fps over 60.

Good Xdabba is flexible though, it supports outputting at 1440p so atleast 13 can play at a proper res even if he only gets 120 fps on like 4-5 games.

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Damages?

~33.5k

I figured monitors with full HDMI 2.1 support will cost a bomb and I'm hoping a lot of competitive MP games (and platformers, fighting/racing games) will have 120fps support going forward (albeit at a lower resolution). Plus, Xbox has great support for lower resolution displays with respect to Super Sampling so that helped as well. I wanted to have VRR support above 60fps because there's a high chance games targetting 60fps will hit above that when framerate is unlocked. VRR will really help extract the best out of that.

To your question regarding whether 2K will be enough...nextgen will be about 4K60 for the most part; actually 2K with reconstruction techniques pushing it to 4K. So if you don't care about the higher framerate, you should definitely stick to 4K60 with decent VRR (FreeSync) support.

Edited by -13-
Grammar
  • Thanks 2

Forza Horizon 3 getting delisted soon from live following the trend of older Forza games getting delisted after few years. Those who care can buy multiple editions at really low price right now as Forza Horizon 3 not in GP

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the wrong thread but my ps4 controller square button stopped working. I dismantled the controller and tried to test the controller directly from motherboard but it wasn't working. Every other button is working fine. Can I repair it? I think the problem maybe with the green cable sheet that is below the buttons.