PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

13 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

US NPD hardware sales for July leaked on Era

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-july-2020-ghost-of-tsushima-1-cod-mw-2-paper-mario-3.268056/page-10#post-42731340

Bruh wtf?

Reveal hidden contents

7qwU9zf.gif

Dafuq???

But Xbox was going out of stock at major retailers since June-end or may be even before that, right?

6 minutes ago, Right said:

Dafuq???

But Xbox was going out of stock at major retailers since June-end or may be even before that, right?

They discontinued the manufacturing of 1X and older SKU of 1S, but that doesn't mean it was low on stock. If anything, now you know why they stopped making them so early.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, adity said:

There's literally 1 game from Ubisoft that I like (WD2) and 0 games from EA. Although Bethesda published games are really dope in this gen and we got CDPR too. Plus games from smaller devs and Japanese games saw a resurgence in this gen so it's still pretty good. 

U did not like Titanfall’2??

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

US NPD hardware sales for July leaked on Era

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-july-2020-ghost-of-tsushima-1-cod-mw-2-paper-mario-3.268056/page-10#post-42731340

Bruh wtf?

Reveal hidden contents

7qwU9zf.gif

WHO IS DOING THIS!?!?

SUCH A LUST FOR PLAYING ANIMAL CROSSING...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????

8 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Ever happened to any PS3 user that previously working games no longer working ?

Has happened to a few of my games now, they used to work before.

Many others are still working so not entirely the console fault.

Will check them on a friend's PS3 now to confirm.

@GunnerY2J check if they are dual layer Blu-rays or not, your laser could be giving out, some example of DL BRs are MGS4, UC3,TLOU etc. But yeah, i have experienced the same thing with GOW collection pt.1, I think the discs are dying out because everything else works, I even stripped the ps3 down, opened up the drive and cleaned the laser but no change.

1 minute ago, fatpigeon said:

@GunnerY2J check if they are dual layer Blu-rays or not, your laser could be giving out, some example of DL BRs are MGS4, UC3,TLOU etc. But yeah, i have experienced the same thing with GOW collection pt.1, I think the discs are dying out because everything else works, I even stripped the ps3 down, opened up the drive and cleaned the laser but no change.

I am going to get them checked in a couple of days at a friend's place.

Really sad putting in an old game that you completed to find out it no longer works.

I don't know about that double layer but the games are call of duty world at war (completed last year) and call of duty 3 (didn't play but had it checked some years ago - clean disc).

All three giving same error, starting and then coming back to home screen.

Most other games are working.

27 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

WHO IS DOING THIS!?!?

SUCH A LUST FOR PLAYING ANIMAL CROSSING...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????

Simp army and cat lady tool.

Edited by kmkaks

29 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

This is the error code 80010514

all 3 games with the same.

:(

actually godfather 2 behaving strangely, sometimes starts up and plays very well and sometimes doesn't at all with the same error code.

Try cleaning your laser, its fixed this issue for some friends. If you have a slim let me know, I would be happy to help you out. I troubleshooted a lot with GOW Collection Pt.1 but sadly every piece of evidence points to the disc giving out, (I dont have another PS3 to test the game on sadly)

1 hour ago, fatpigeon said:

Try cleaning your laser, its fixed this issue for some friends. If you have a slim let me know, I would be happy to help you out. I troubleshooted a lot with GOW Collection Pt.1 but sadly every piece of evidence points to the disc giving out, (I dont have another PS3 to test the game on sadly)

Thanks, let me once get the discs checked at a friend's.

But he also has a slim and his also is old like mine.

Although will have to buy tools.

The main thing is only these 3 discs giving an issue, although I suspect they might work in a new PS3 - would check that as well.

15 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Thanks, let me once get the discs checked at a friend's.

But he also has a slim and his also is old like mine.

Although will have to buy tools.

The main thing is only these 3 discs giving an issue, although I suspect they might work in a new PS3 - would check that as well.

Same error for me on my super slim but only one game. RDR. Everything else works fine. Tried cleaning the lens and disc but didnt work so just wrote it off as a bad disc.

9 minutes ago, Walker said:

Same error for me on my super slim but only one game. RDR. Everything else works fine. Tried cleaning the lens and disc but didnt work so just wrote it off as a bad disc.

Yes, yes I have been doing the same with many games which don't work.

But when a previously completed game disc fails to read with the same issue, then it is now worrying me.

And also world at war and call of duty 3 were games I really liked.

Every call of duty released after these are sh*t (including modern warfare)

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

But when a previously completed game disc fails to read with the same issue, then it is now worrying me.

Every call of duty released after these are sh*t.

yeah, you will need a TORX T8 screwdriver that handles tamper proof screws to open it up,  this will suffice https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07LHH6W8C

2 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Every call of duty released after these are sh*t.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by previously completed games? I mean a disc or lens can fail with or without a game being completed. I mean the RDR disc was played and completed and a few months later I got that error. Which is why I think its a bad disc rather than the lens as everything else (about 30-35 games) worked fine

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by previously completed games? I mean a disc or lens can fail with or without a game being completed. I mean the RDR disc was played and completed and a few months later I got that error. Which is why I think its a bad disc rather than the lens as everything else (about 30-35 games) worked fine

Previously completed means I completed that game in the same console 10 months ago and now it's not working in the same.

Disc can fail later on ?

How ? This is what I want to know.

Clean scratch free discs.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

Previously completed means I completed that game in the same console 10 months ago and now it's not working in the same.

Yeah that's what I meant as well. I mean if its not the lens its probably the disc itself that's bad. Before anything, try in another PS3 and if its the same you know what to do with the disc.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

They discontinued the manufacturing of 1X and older SKU of 1S, but that doesn't mean it was low on stock. If anything, now you know why they stopped making them so early.

Yeah,I stand corrected.

The decision to stop manufacturing was a function of Xbox not getting sold, and they didn't want dead inventory of thousands of consoles when XSX and XSS arrive.

And they were "sold out" at stores because they didn't receive replenishment from MS, not that because of very high demand.

37 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Disc can fail later on ?

How ? This is what I want to know.

Clean scratch free discs.

yes discs can fail for multiple reasons

A> Improper storage - heat and humidity levels

B> Improper handling - scratches on the disc

C> Manufacturing defect - material used in the manufacturing process that would deteriorate sooner than usual (rather rare because it would affect maybe a single batch, that you probably wouldn't know it since it wouldn't be a wide enough issue since it would only affect a single batch)