PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

16 minutes ago, adity said:

From what I understand it's to prevent unexpected slowdowns due to thermal throttling? Hopefully it has good cooling so games can run at max clock speed most of the time. 

Thermals are actually not part of the equation at all. It is capped at fixed power draw and clocks can go up and down based on the load. Think of it as water cooled GPU running stable at +20% OC. Its not going to cross 70C let alone reach 90C throttling limit. It is only limited by the power limit set by NV or AMD and go up and down based on load.

Guys, My cousin wants to use my PSN account to download couple of games. If his PS4 is set as primary on my account, then he can download my games and play on his account yeah? When he is playing one of my games on his account, it won't cause any issues if I login to my account and play the same game?

On 9/27/2020 at 4:19 AM, AnK said:

Is it game over for the console?

2dfb4e46-56a9-4a46-b980-6ad959e057be.jpg

Subscription model entices tech firms to spend big money on cloud gaming platforms

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEF9ACMuVIRzVAFAb8t5EMY0qGAgEKg8IACoHCAow-4fWBzD4z0gw_fCpBg?hl=en-IN&gl=IN&ceid=IN%3Aen

Nope. Game streaming isn't a thing yet. None of the multiplayer games also work. Maybe next decade if everyone decides to invest in infrastructure all over the world. 

These kind of articles always pop around new console launch. Last time also did and SONY went ahead and sold 110m+ units. 

56 minutes ago, AnK said:

Xbox division was lying about cloud processing boost on your physical hardware lol :rofl: 

Oh man I remember that. :rofl:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Microsoft Exec: The Power of the Cloud Will Exceed Expectations That Can Be Delivered On Xbox One. We as a company believe in the power of the cloud. 

What a scam 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Oh man I remember that. :rofl:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Microsoft Exec: The Power of the Cloud Will Exceed Expectations That Can Be Delivered On Xbox One. We as a company believe in the power of the cloud. 

What a scam 

Microsoft flight simulator is powered by Cloud you know :)

Crackdown suffered coz studios which was working on could stuff ReAgent got bought by Epic. It was more of development issue than failure of cloud 

Edited by WhiteWolf

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Why is this even a thing anymore? Are they legally required to continue this service or something

MS is still selling the monthly Gold subs. They also have to cater to subs that are currently ongoing.

If they really wanted to stop, they will first have to stop selling Gold subs altogether. Then they will have to specify a cut-off date. And they will also have to compensate those who are still subscribed - by say either converting the subs to Gamepass/giving MS wallet balance codes, or, depending upon the country law (EU helps in this I think) - straight up refunding to bank account (Rare case will this succeed)

Till that time, they will have to keep providing Gold and Free Games. Though - looking at the quality, you can definitely make out they don't care and are simply giving whatever Steam Greenlight crap they can get their hands on for free or for a chump change.

29 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Why is this even a thing anymore? Are they legally required to continue this service or something

With jacked up prices of Gold they can't really take away the free games, no matter how sh*t they are. I'm usually happier when we get indies over some throwaway AAA stuff, but this is literally scraping the bottom.

I concur that multiplayer being locked behind a paywall is a shitty practice. But at least give some good games to make it seem like you're not ripping people off, MS isn't even trying to hide their shittiness.

A serious question to xBoners here, How do you even defend this crap?

Edited by gecko89

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I concur that multiplayer being locked behind a paywall is a shitty practice. But at least give some good games to make it seem like you're not ripping people off, MS isn't even trying to hide their shittiness.

A serious question to xBoners here, How do you even defend this crap?

with blood, sweat and tears!

• Haha 1