Jump to content

PlayStation and Xbox thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

 

Also 4K blu ray player.

 

Like in that TV thread everyone oohs and aaahs  about their 1 lakh plus 50+ inches LG and Sony 4K HDR OLED TV's, it would be a waste if they only watched low bitrate 1080p streamed movies and shows on it :lol:

 

I also thing Sony is going for a media player push like it did in PS3 era, because they are advertising the little remote openly now along with the usual accessories

for that i have an xbone :P but ya 100% agreed

 

Regarding the sony media player push....aren't they like selling media remote alongside the ps5? That'll suffice most ppl's media player needs i assume

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

 

Also 4K blu ray player.

 

Like in that TV thread everyone oohs and aaahs  about their 1 lakh plus 50+ inches LG and Sony 4K HDR OLED TV's, it would be a waste if they only watched low bitrate 1080p streamed movies and shows on it :lol:

 

I also thing Sony is going for a media player push like it did in PS3 era, because they are advertising the little remote openly now along with the usual accessories

 

My 20TB NAS with uncompressed 4K HDR collection laughs in the face of 4K blu ray players. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't stream shows much. If I ever want to watch a show or a movie, I plug in one of my 5 hard drives :fear1:

I do still have Netflix and stuff though 

 

I do however watch a ton of Youtube, and it pays off having 

 

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

1 lakh plus 50+ inches LG and Sony 4K HDR OLED TV

 

so that I can enjoy my content in peace. I watch Youtube 10x more than anything else. 

Edited by Chirag2001
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Right said:

Still PS5 looks like a futuristic console

XSX is like square Alexa, don't know whats wrong with them folks.

ya that's there :P  its like i can rest my dinner plate over it while playing on the ps5 :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

58 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

will block the vents.

 

It's airflow design is like that Apple thrashcan Mac Pro afaik..

 |

 |

 |

V

17 minutes ago, pArth said:


doesnt matter, hes playing on his ps5 :p

 

 

:bigyellowgrin: :P

Edited by kold_war
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there is really a $100 price difference between digital and disc version then that's the version in would get. 

 

I haven't bought a disc game in years. All my existing stuff is digital anyway. 

 

Any word on backwards compatibility from both Sony and ms? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

If there is really a $100 price difference between digital and disc version then that's the version in would get. 

 

I haven't bought a disc game in years. All my existing stuff is digital anyway. 

 

Any word on backwards compatibility from both Sony and ms? 

MS is pretty much locked in on BC.

Regarding PS5, Sony had said they tested top 100 games for PS4 and all worked fine. No more news after that. One more update is that Sony has made it mandatory for all games launching after July 2020 on PS4 should run on PS5 as well. Question remains about smart delivery on PS5 and for 3rd party games on XSX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

If there is really a $100 price difference between digital and disc version then that's the version in would get. 

 

I haven't bought a disc game in years. All my existing stuff is digital anyway. 

 

Any word on backwards compatibility from both Sony and ms? 

Sony hasn't been super clear about BC but from what I understand, ps5 will have full BC with ps4 with ps5 specific patches. They have said that the enhancements work without issues for top 100 ps4 games. It's kinda like boost mode on ps4 Pro where it may cause issues in some games from what I gather. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

 

Regarding PS5, Sony had said they tested top 100 games for PS4 and all worked fine. No more news after that.

 

1 hour ago, adity said:

Sony hasn't been super clear about BC but from what I understand, ps5 will have full BC with ps4 with ps5 specific patches. They have said that the enhancements work without issues for top 100 ps4 games. It's kinda like boost mode on ps4 Pro where it may cause issues in some games from what I gather. 



Even if they are not updating on how many games they have tested so far after the top 100, most PS4 games are expected to work on PS5 with no update.
 

Quote

 

We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/03/18/unveiling-new-details-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Big Boss said:

That sounds great. A good amount of BC makes sure the launch is not barren like last gen. We can safely pack/sell the current gen systems when next gen arrives. 

 

4K 60 FPS current gen games :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

 

 

:wOOtjumpy:MS BTFO :wOOtjumpy:

 

:wOOtjumpy:XBOT Behinds on Fire :wOOtjumpy:

 

Sony is literally the LOOK AT ME Somali guy from Captain Phillips now :lol:

 

Halol Infinite Milking will be rekt by TLOU2 4K 60FPS on PS5.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnK said:

..........& it continues

 

That was the journey so Far 

let’s what future holds in the exclusivities department on PS

 

hopefully to be continued.......

 

 

FF7 remake is a timed exclusive. Other than that yeah, pretty cool.

Edited by Joe Cool
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...