PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Why though?

I'll give you an example of a game I bought recently - The Outer Wilds.

I got it for 175rs on steam whereas on PSN it costs 1997rs. That's a cost recovery of 1.7K on just one game. I can give you more examples if you like.

I do agree though that such a method won't make much sense to someone who only plays a few AAA games a year. But for someone like me who plays a lot of Indie and AA games (for lack of a better word), the difference in prices is insane. Prices on such games on PSN genuinely make me laugh.

And then there is the argument of the ability to sell console games. Again, for someone like me, who doesn't like to sell his games, that is a moot point. I much prefer buying something for cheap and owning it to play it whenever I feel like it.

There are, of course, many advantages of console gaming over PC gaming as well.

Ultimately, neither platform is definitively better than the other and it all comes down to preferences. 

You are assuming console gamers here are buying games digitally, which most are not. Most are buying and then reselling for a net cost of 300-400 per game.

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Like I keep saying, even cheaper on Epic. I paid Rs 1.1k for Odyssey Gold. This was back in Decemeber too. Must have been even cheaper in the latest sale. 

Epic literally has nothing else except cheap prices :lol:

Might as well :zodka: then

Steam meanwhile has achievements, steam levels, trading cards, screenshots,chat, controller support

20 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yeah. Ubisoft "Gold" editions always include all the DLC. Thats true across all their franchises. 

Yeah I just checked my box, its the Omega edition, includes some BS digital freebies. Usual Ubisoft. 

I've heard the Atlantis DLC is pretty fire though.

Although you get the steelbook with standard edition of Valhalla :) 

Edited by Chirag2001

19 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You are assuming console gamers here are buying games digitally, which most are not. Most are buying and then reselling for a net cost of 300-400 per game.

I acknowledged that point in my post which you quoted :P

Adding to what I've already written, I'm assuming you really need to bulldoze through a game to get some good value out of a resale. I'm sure there are lots of people who don't have a problem with it but I personally can't imagine playing games like that. I mean I took some 38hrs to beat TLOU2 on Hard. Not because it was hard or anything (in fact I found it surprisingly easy) but because I wanted to take the time and savour everything it had to offer. And I also plan to replay it a few months down the line.

Lol. We have been on this route many times.

Once Console-owners get the fact established that consoles are good value for money...

PCMR walks in and throws examples of how XYZ game they got for dirt-cheap or how can they get ANY game cheap by doing some Jhol-Jhapata

:D

Anyhoo, I'm kind of looking forward for Stadia launch in India and their library to expand.

We all have connections good enough to play 1080p or even 4K.

I'm pretty sure that Jio will be launching it in India with Google. So any time now.

All you need is just a good display and a controller.

16 minutes ago, Right said:

Lol. We have been on this route many times.

Once Console-owners get the fact established that consoles are good value for money...

PCMR walks in and throws examples of how XYZ game they got for dirt-cheap or how can they get ANY game cheap by doing some Jhol-Jhapata

:D

If a simple 2-3 step VPN process is Jhol-Jhapata, what would you call reselling games? :eyebrow:

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

If a simple 2-3 step VPN process is Jhol-Jhapata, what would you call reselling games? :eyebrow:

PS+ / Gold 

7 year cycle

7x60 = $420

at 50% off 7x30 = $210

Paying $200 to $400 just to play online. :roflroll:

Games - $60

Buying day 1 or week and selling it back for $10? less.

Say 10-20 games over 7 years

$10x10 = $100 to $10x20 = $200

$100-200 for games and still own none of it (sold back to save $$)

More if counting multiplats and other games. 

2013 to 2020

PS4 cost $400

2nd controller $50

Online fee $200-400

Games $100-200

$750-$1000 minimum and own 0 games. :roflroll:

• Haha 1

Tbh $1000 over seven years where you get to play over 100 AAA games day 1 is very very good deal. 

5 hours ago, adity said:

I was just window shopping and looking at a 2060 super build. Costs roughly 1L to build from scratch. PC prices are out of whack. I can get a ps5 + 4k TV for that much. 

I can build you one with Ryzen and 2070 Super for about 75k.

9 hours ago, Big Boss said:

ZrwEdoL_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Here is the comparison. Can anyone guess what is the cost of pc hardware needed to run the game at 4k30fps on above settings?

woah, didn't know xbox one x was that powerful !

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Tbh $1000 over seven years where you get to play over 100 AAA games day 1 is very very good deal. 

Yes, over ~7 years which is good and so is building a PC and upgrading over the years. You don't need to upgrade it every year or 2 nor your PC becomes obsolete. 

Both have advantages in their own ways. Short on budget, go for console. Have big budget, go for PC. Can afford both, great. Best of both worlds. Only clowns who have no idea about PC make it about how consoles are cheaper when in long run they end up costing same or more. 

I haven't upgraded my PC since 2010 other than GPU and adding more storage because I didn't need to...and I have spent almost same on PS4 Pro + Controller + PS+ and games since 2013. 

23 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes, over ~7 years which is good and so is building a PC and upgrading over the years. You don't need to upgrade it every year or 2 nor your PC becomes obsolete. 

Both have advantages in their own ways. Short on budget, go for console. Have big budget, go for PC. Can afford both, great. Best of both worlds. Only clowns who have no idea about PC make it about how consoles are cheaper when in long run they end up costing same or more. 

I haven't upgraded my PC since 2010 other than GPU and adding more storage because I didn't need to...and I have spent almost same on PS4 Pro + Controller + PS+ and games since 2013. 

Not to mention, PC is a PC. Not just a gaming machine. Comparing PC price to console price is like comparing a walkie-talkie to a smartphone. :lol:  

You will anyway need to spend 40k-50k on a laptop after buying a console.  

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

where dis?

2070 super goes for 45k, that to these are the cheapest Zodak, Inno3D , Galax type cards :lol:

Ryzen 3600 for 17k.

You can get a decent B450 or B550 Motherboard for 11-15k.

16GB RAM is 6k for single channel or 7k for dual channel.

1 TB SSD goes for 10k

A good fully modular PSU will cost 6-7k, maybe more idk.

You can put this all in a shitty and 2rs dabba case, because literally who cares and it won't make any performance difference :rofl:

32 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Not to mention, PC is a PC. Not just a gaming machine. Comparing PC price to console price is like comparing a walkie-talkie to a smartphone. :lol:  

You will anyway need to spend 40k-50k on a laptop after buying a console.  

The guys on this forum and those wanting to get PS4 already have a laptop i'd assume :lol:

Having a computer of some kind is a bare necessity.

58 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Obsolete is relative bro, atleast in PC gaming, you can change settings, res what have you, literally personal choice when you feel you have enough of this 2rs  4 year old GPU experience or Intel 14nm++++++++++  quadcore experience, and want a better card/processor.

That is assuming your card didn't conk off like my GTX 970 tho :'(

If it lived i'd use it till 2021-22 easily :rofl:

I got the GTX 1660 Super because wanted to play MHW, FFXV, AC Greece, RDR2, CP2077, all these very expensive on PS4 still, even assuming there is a sale :fear:

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

VPN on Steam is dangerous, selling games though is unnecessary jhanjhat.

31 minutes ago, adity said:

How? Genuinely interested since I might just go for that. 

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

where dis?

2070 super goes for 45k, that to these are the cheapest Zodak, Inno3D , Galax type cards :lol:

Ryzen 3600 for 17k.

You can get a decent B450 or B550 Motherboard for 11-15k.

16GB RAM is 6k for single channel or 7k for dual channel.

1 TB SSD goes for 10k

A good fully modular PSU will cost 6-7k, maybe more idk.

You can put this all in a shitty and 2rs dabba case, because literally who cares and it won't make any performance difference :rofl:

Ryzen 5 3500 + Gigabyte B450 motherboard: 18k

Memory 8GB x2: 7k

2070S cheapest one is 41k

You got 10-15k for SSD, PSU and dabba, so manage :P

You don't need expensive B550 boards, just check compatibility with bios update and save 5k+. Also 3500 will never bottleneck 2070S or even a 2080S, its more than enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

$100-200 for games and still own none of it (sold back to save $$)

Hmm. That's not why people sell games bro. A good chunk of the people out there don't even get the time to clear their backlog, forget going back to a game they've finished ages back just so they can say they "own it" . "owning" games means Jackshit imo, it's about experiencing the game and paying for the experience. 

Also reason why some people prefer a console over a PC is also the simplicity.  I did get a proper gaming pc (Athek certified) way back in 2010, guess what? never actually played anything on it, so it's just about the preference. A random why does "xyz" game doesn't run on "123" gpu or "abc" component would fetch you gazillion of results, there are no searches for why won't a PS4 game run on PS4 so degrading PC gaming OR console gaming both is retarded. Not everyone in this world has the time to make sure that his setup is properly configured for a game and not everyone in this world would be comfortable with a gimped experience when he/she can afford a beast pc and has the knowledge/time to make sure everything is properly configured. 

edit: 

found my pc specs :rofl: I literally googled a few spec names with ivg website filter. Man, was so excited back then. All I did was play 20mins of TF2 with IVG crowd then went back to kz2 with console ivg crowd

Edited by rAgHaV

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yup. this would exist only till disc based games are there. Buy 4k Day 1, play and sell for 3.5K. Money spent on latest AAA game = 500rs. [better than any sale 1-2yrs after release]

once sh*t goes all digital, this won't be possible and I'd miss it. :ranting:

Edited by rAgHaV