PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

11 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Hmm. That's not why people sell games bro. A good chunk of the people out there don't even get the time to clear their backlog, forget going back to a game they've finished ages back just so they can say they "own it" . "owning" games means Jackshit imo, it's about experiencing the game and paying for the experience. 

Also reason why some people prefer a console over a PC is also the simplicity.  I did get a proper gaming pc (Athek certified) way back in 2010, guess what? never actually played anything on it, so it's just about the preference. A random why does "xyz" game doesn't run on "123" gpu or "abc" component would fetch you gazillion of results, there are no searches for why won't a PS4 game run on PS4 so degrading PC gaming OR console gaming both is retarded. Not everyone in this world has the time to make sure that his setup is properly configured for a game and not everyone in this world would be comfortable with a gimped experience when he/she can afford a beast pc and has the knowledge/time to make sure everything is properly configured. 

136hij.jpg

Pic related is me when on RDR2 or Odyssey i don't get proper 60 fps randomly so i go in the settings and start fiddling.

meanwhile i am playing Frozen Wilds DLC of HZD currently and no such bullshit, it just werkz, not at 60 fps, but it do just work, no fiddling involved, it's consistent 30 no matter what is going on screen.

14 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Yup. this would exist only till disc based games are there. Buy 4k Day 1, play and sell for 3.5K. Money spent on latest AAA game = 500rs. [better than any sale 1-2yrs after release]

once sh*t goes all digital, this won't be possible and I'd miss it. :ranting:

Ill-Just-Wait-Here.jpg

You waiting for PSN sale to buy the game you want to play 1 year later.

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Pic related is me when on RDR2 or Odyssey i don't get proper 60 fps randomly so i go in the settings and start fiddling.

meanwhile i am playing Frozen Wilds DLC of HZD currently and no such bullshit, it just werkz, not at 60 fps, but it do just work, no fiddling involved, it's consistent 30 no matter what is going on screen.

Why do you want 60 when you're okay with 30 :rofl: Set fps limit to 30 and play. Also Odyssey and RDR2 are the most demanding games today I'm sure. 

Hell if you're okay with 30 fps then I don't think you can complain about price either. Buy a 1050 for 7k and play lol.

Edited by dylanjosh

Just now, PhantomShade said:

You waiting for PSN sale to buy the game you want to play 1 year later.

haha I am contributing to the digital change myself :( recently got odyssey at 1.1k each (gamesharing with ps4 friend) also got FAR CRY 5 for 250rs each (gamesharing again) last week. Disc courier charges are 150-200 these days :rofl:

Day 1 AAA gaming via discs might not be around PS6 onwards. Or maybe even PS5 mid gen in case they do a PS5 pro that has no disc tray :devil:

Just now, PhantomShade said:

dude forget gaming, Just updating the motherf**king windows 10 on one of my older laptops takes me 2-3 google searches at times. :fear: 

MAC VS PC THREAD KAHA HAI?? :devil:

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Why do you want 60 when you're okay with 30 :rofl: Set fps limit to 30 and play. Also Odyssey and RDR2 are the most demanding games today I'm sure. 

You can be "ok" with something without liking it, on PC there is always option to fiddle with settings.I didn't get gaming pc dabba just to play 30 fps :rofl:

My point was it's just nice to play games sometimes without getting high BP about why you aren't getting 60 fps when your hw should allow it :ko:

Also idk what magic they do on PS4, 30 fps feels smooth there, on PC i put the 30 fps half vsync cap and the frametime latency is like 40ms, and everything becomes a slideshow :/ , if i keep the default 60 fps vsync the latency is like 15-17 ms, giving the smooth feels.

Also i think Windows 10 2004 has done some f**kery with the drivers, i am getting some nvidia related bsod every day if it's not on the very latest Death Stranding wala driver.

5 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

dude forget gaming, Just updating the motherf**king windows 10 on one of my older laptops takes me 2-3 google searches at times. :fear: 

MAC VS PC THREAD KAHA HAI?? :devil:

idk what MS does on laptops, consistently the update roll outs are a dumpster fire, on custom built PCs it's not an issue though, you may have smoll issues later, but nothing like the horrible sh*t i've heard people having after win10 forced updates

Not everyone in this world has the time to make sure that his setup is properly configured for a game and not everyone in this world would be comfortable with a gimped experience when he/she can afford a beast pc and has the knowledge/time to make sure everything is properly configured. 

dude forget gaming, Just updating the motherf**king windows 10 on one of my older laptops takes me 2-3 google searches at times.  

Yeah. PC is not for you. ? Good thing we have options everywhere these days. Can game on anything you want. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

PS+ / Gold 

7 year cycle

7x60 = $420

at 50% off 7x30 = $210

Paying $200 to $400 just to play online. :roflroll:

Games - $60

Buying day 1 or week and selling it back for $10? less.

Say 10-20 games over 7 years

$10x10 = $100 to $10x20 = $200

$100-200 for games and still own none of it (sold back to save $$)

More if counting multiplats and other games. 

2013 to 2020

PS4 cost $400

2nd controller $50

Online fee $200-400

Games $100-200

$750-$1000 minimum and own 0 games. :roflroll:

> Paid $400 for PS4 Pro.

> Never paid for PS+.

> Most I have ever spent on a single game is about $35 for RDR 2 (pre owned). Followed by $27 on TLOU2 (game sharing).

> Pretty much all of my game purchases are below 8-10 USD. Lesser if I decide to sell them after.

> I have never had to rush a game to sell it. I simply wait till it drops in price (same applies to the "dirt cheap" pc games).

See how cherry picking the extremes work both ways?

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes, over ~7 years which is good and so is building a PC and upgrading over the years. You don't need to upgrade it every year or 2 nor your PC becomes obsolete. 

Both have advantages in their own ways. Short on budget, go for console. Have big budget, go for PC. Can afford both, great. Best of both worlds. Only clowns who have no idea about PC make it about how consoles are cheaper when in long run they end up costing same or more. 

I haven't upgraded my PC since 2010 other than GPU and adding more storage because I didn't need to...and I have spent almost same on PS4 Pro + Controller + PS+ and games since 2013. 

Does the high horse come with the PC or do you get it in the Steam sales?

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Also i think Windows 10 2004 has done some f**kery with the drivers, i am getting some nvidia related bsod every day if it's not on the very latest Death Stranding wala driver.

Yeah. PC is not for you. ? Good thing we have options everywhere these days. Can game on anything you want. 

2 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

> Paid $400 for PS4 Pro.

> Never paid for PS+.

> Most I have ever spent on a single game is about $35 for RDR 2 (pre owned). Followed by $27 on TLOU2 (game sharing).

> Pretty much all of my game purchases are below 8-10 USD. Lesser if I decide to sell them after.

> I have never had to rush a game to sell it. I simply wait till it drops in price (same applies to the "dirt cheap" pc games).

See how cherry picking the extremes work both ways?

How is that cheery picking when it is the cost of it? Good you don't play anything online. People who play online or even co-op needs to pay for PS+ and that ain't free.

Oh wow, $35 for..pre-owned. $27 with game sharing. Amazing deals. 

Pretty much all of my game purchases are below 8-10 USD. Lesser if I decide to sell them after.

Imagine buying for $8-10 and still having to sell. 

I have never had to rush a game to sell it. I simply wait till it drops in price (same applies to the "dirt cheap" pc games).

Except PC users don't need to wait for "dirt cheap". PC has something called regional pricing unlike PSN. :console:

5 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Does the high horse come with the PC or do you get it in the Steam sales?

It comes from having both and playing on both without half-arsing knowledge about PC.

Educate yourself. Never too late. 

5 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

> Paid $400 for PS4 Pro.

> Never paid for PS+.

You know nothing. Game bought on a 3rd party platform = Owning games. Buying the actual disc, selling it and then re-buying it as you please (years later too) = NOT Owning games or Owning 0 games. 

Wish I had not sold the Killzone 2 Disc ages back. 2000-3000hrs of MP spent on it with IVG ppl gone in a flash in 1 TP Thread. Same with TLOU2. Played it for 900rs net on Day 1 but now I've forgotten the experience since the disc is no longer with me. 

9 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

How is that cherry picking when it is the cost of it? Good you don't play anything online. People who play online or even co-op needs to pay for PS+ and that ain't free.

You calculation simply assumed the cost of PS Plus into it.

I don't play online, so I do not need that. And I surely am not the only one.

9 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Oh wow, $35 for..pre-owned. $27 with game sharing. Amazing deals

Sure, if I don't want to wait long enough, I will have to pay higher cost. It was a choice, not comulsion.

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Imagine buying for $8-10 and still having to sell

Don't "have to". But can if I "want to".

Except PC users don't need to wait for "dirt cheap". PC has something called regional pricing unlike PSN. :console:

What is the lowest for RDR 2 on Steam so far? Just using a AAA game as frame of reference.

According to steamdb it is 26 USD taking all regions into account. Doesn't exactly fit into the dirt cheap narrative yet, even though it is somewhat cheaper than what I paid 8-10 months ago.

It comes from having both and playing on both without half-arsing knowledge about PC.

Educate yourself. Never too late. 

Exactly how much education is required to look up prices of components online and add them?

17 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

You know nothing. Game bought on a 3rd party platform = Owning games. Buying the actual disc, selling it and then re-buying it as you please (years later too) = NOT Owning games or Owning 0 games. 

Wish I had not sold the Killzone 2 Disc ages back. 2000-3000hrs of MP spent on it with IVG ppl gone in a flash in 1 TP Thread. Same with TLOU2. Played it for 900rs net on Day 1 but now I've forgotten the experience since the disc is no longer with me. 

I actually spent 700rs net on TLOU2 day1. Could have been cheaper if I had enquired at a few more stores over call.

Just now, playstationdude said:

I actually spent 700rs net on TLOU2 day1. Could have been cheaper if I had enquired at a few more stores over call.

hehe the decision to play tlou2 took 2 weeks for me, actual game 1 week. Otherwise would have sold it in week 2 at 3.5k or so. Week 3 or 4 for such games is like 2.9k since by that time we are dealing with 3rd hand copies too. 

1 minute ago, Walker said:

Could have sworn this was the Xbox bashing thread (not that every thread isn't :lol:)......

I think it can be renamed to PC vs Console cost comparison now. Both consoles have their own threads so this is useless anyway.