PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Guys what happened to Atari VCS? I would genuinely like to buy one, just to play the old Atari games remade in current gen visuals ( Keen , Earthworm Jim, pitfall, Dave,etc).

You mean this?

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Can't wait for it to drop on PS+

Ever since they announced PS+ games, I've been watching gameplay of it and it looks so much fun.

Steam shows this as 529 INR, surprised they're giving it away for free with PS+ on launch.

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Ever since they announced PS+ games, I've been watching gameplay of it and it looks so much fun.

Steam shows this as 529 INR, surprised they're giving it away for free with PS+ on launch.

Its not free essentially, its included in your ps+ sub. But yeah its great value for money

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, Mr.Copyright© said:

I bought the LG 27UK650 model in Oct 18 and it will be the second time in 2 years I will be getting the panel replaced. Due to Corona situation I am delaying the replacement request. I am really disappointed after spending 34k on this monitor. At least the monitor has 3 years warranty.

I came across such several issues and decided to go with BenQ PD2700U.

Anyway, the monitor arrived yesterday. Tried RDR2 on PC and the sunrise in the game blew my mind away! Can't wait to try HZD!

Edited by The Panda

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

I came across such several issues and decided to go with BenQ PD2700U.

Anyway, the monitor arrived yesterday. Tried RDR2 on PC and the sunrise in the game blew my mind away! Can't wait to try HZD!

How is the monitor? Is it 4k? I want a second 4k monitor for work that can also second as a backup for consoles if the TV is occupied. How is the HDR on this one?

Already have a 1440p 144Hz panel, so dont mind getting a 4k 60Hz one 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:39 PM, rAgHaV said:

For 4k60FPS go for LG27UK650 been using it since 2yrs. 4k HDR 10 monitor. @Big Boss got it recently too. In case higher FPS means more to you then I think there is a very good 2K 120FPS monitor from LG that @harjas recently bought.

I got the 27UK650 as I care for 4k and HDR more. Will most probably game on consoles always so 60fps MAX is perfect for me. Even if I get a badass PC some day I'd prefer playing 4k at 60fps rather than lower resolution at higher fps. So all about what you prefer. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078GRM2MV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_ssduGKjeXbNBS (pulled it from my order history. Purchase month was Oct 2018.)

Decided to go for the BENQ EL2870U. I have the BENQ RL2455 right now which is basically It's 1080p version. Both are super fast! Had no idea the EL2870U even existed until yesterday. :D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, -13- said:

Decided to go for the BENQ EL2870U. I have the BENQ RL2455 right now which is basically It's 1080p version. Both are super fast! Had no idea the EL2870U even existed until yesterday. :D

Better to go with EL2870U, @l33tmaniac. It is more recent and has more HDR modes and features compared to the one I bought. I found out about this model only after buying PD27... otherwise would've bought EL28 (also if it wasn't OOS).

Edited by The Panda

35 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Better to go with EL2870U, @l33tmaniac. It is more recent and has more HDR modes and features compared to the one I bought. I found out about this model only after buying PD27... otherwise would've bought EL28 (also if it wasn't OOS).

They're completely different monitors though. The EL is a TN panel while the PD is a VA. I'd only recommend the EL to someone who's buying it for competitive gaming, very low response time (1 to 4 ms). The PD is better for every other scenario.

3 minutes ago, -13- said:

They're completely different monitors though. The EL is a TN panel while the PD is a VA. I'd only recommend the EL to someone who's buying it for competitive gaming, very low response time (1 to 4 ms). The PD is better for every other scenario.

Didn’t know it was a TN panel. Dodged a bullet there.

Anyway, I’ll PM my full experience in a couple of days @l33tmaniac after trying it with console as well. As of now, everything is working as intended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -13- said:

Congrats dude. Needless to say, gaming would be super cool now. But be careful with 4K if you intend to use the monitor as an extended display for laptop. Back when I got mine, I started using it with Mac for extended periods, after a while I got so used to it that nowadays, the normal mac screen resolution gives me a headache after an hour of use :fear1:

Edited by rAgHaV

33 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Congrats dude. Needless to say, gaming would be super cool now. But be careful with 4K if you intend to use the monitor as an extended display for laptop. Back when I got mine, I started using it with Mac for extended periods, after a while I got so used to it that nowadays, the normal mac screen resolution gives me a headache after an hour of use :fear1:

Planing to use my current monitor for that. There's still time though. Will buy this one only when I get the XSX. Who knows what other good (& cheap) monitors will come out by then. Though I doubt that.

Do you reckon it makes sense to buy it before the official consoles launches? Any idea if the prices of TV/monitors go up around that time in India?

2 hours ago, -13- said:

Planing to use my current monitor for that. There's still time though. Will buy this one only when I get the XSX. Who knows what other good (& cheap) monitors will come out by then. Though I doubt that.

Do you reckon it makes sense to buy it before the official consoles launches? Any idea if the prices of TV/monitors go up around that time in India?

FK big billion day sale time is great for such products. I got my base ps4 in their first ever big billion and pro/monitor too. (in the Oct 2018 one).

6 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

FK big billion day sale time is great for such products. I got my base ps4 in their first ever big billion and pro/monitor too. (in the Oct 2018 one).

How much discount did you get on ps4?

Also, any idea Nintendo Switch is so expensive in India?  Going for 54k?