Jump to content
kmkaks

PlayStation and Xbox thread

Recommended Posts

So apparently Scarlett and ps5 will be around 10tf and the  their other dumbed down console lockhart or something will be  just 4tf. That's lower than the PS4 pro or even the xbone X.

 

Lol.. who makes these stupid decisions. They should rename it to lockshit. 

 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/4/20995436/microsoft-next-xbox-new-project-scarlett-lockhart-anaconda-launch-details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I'd buy a lockhart if its like a $200 diskless machine. Mostly for GP games that aren't on PC.

 

These might make sense if MS launches dedicated gaming boxes that are similar to PCs and integrates Xbox with native Windows games (they do seem to be moving in this direction). In that case, Xbox consoles would ideally be a simplified PC that can run games and guarantee decent performance.  It might run a stripped down version of windows and support only native apps/games that are whitelisted for the platform (and not typical programs that can be run on Windows).

 

Might be a long shot guess, but I am willing to bet on it due to the recent developments that indicate MS deliberately blurring the lines.

1. Integrated Game Pass for Windows + PC (Ultimate). Eventually this offering might just vanish and become a unified offering

2. Support for Keyboard + Mouse in Xbox

3. MS coming back to Steam

4. Multiple console rumors. If there's such a drastic difference in power, development would have to be very similar to PC game development

 

Edited by l33tmaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

So apparently Scarlett and ps5 will be around 10tf and the  their other dumbed down console lockhart or something will be  just 4tf. That's lower than the PS4 pro or even the xbone X.

 

Lol.. who makes these stupid decisions. They should rename it to lockshit. 

 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/4/20995436/microsoft-next-xbox-new-project-scarlett-lockhart-anaconda-launch-details

It's will be better than the X coz Navi >Polaris.

It will be a 1440p /1080p machine at 60 fps with Zen 2 cpu. Basically a 300$ nextgen entry option for gamepass.

 

 

Also rumours of Xbox using rdna 2 while ps5 is using rdna 1. So Lockhart will be more than ok.

Edited by triggr happy ss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

It will be a 1440p /1080p machine at 60 fps with Zen 2 cpu. Basically a 300$ nextgen entry option for gamepass.

 

There will be graphical leap, so I don't think 60 fps will be achieved in games on consoles. Very few might, old remasters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

 

There will be graphical leap, so I don't think 60 fps will be achieved in games on consoles. Very few might, old remasters. 

Yup. Anyone expecting everything to run at 60fps probably hasn't learnt anything after Xbox one X. If lockcrap is indeed that underpowered then it's not only holding the new xbox back but also the whole next generation of consoles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. Anyone expecting everything to run at 60fps probably hasn't learnt anything after Xbox one X. If lockcrap is indeed that underpowered then it's not only holding the new xbox back but also the whole next generation of consoles. 

 

Doom and gloom

Ms just murdered next generation without even announcing anything 😂.

 

Also no one expected 60fps with jaguar , X was always aimed at resolution. Don't know what you are talking about?

 

With Zen 2 and custom ssd in nextgen consoles we should see more 60fps games than this generation for sure. If one console can achieve it then probably all will, no reason to believe ps5 can and anaconda and Lockhart wont .

Edited by triggr happy ss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

 

Doom and gloom

Ms just murdered next generation without even announcing anything 😂.

 

Also no one expected 60fps with jaguar , X was always aimed at resolution. Don't know what you are talking about?

 

With Zen 2 and custom ssd in nextgen consoles we should see more 60fps games than this generation for sure. If one console can achieve it then probably all will, no reason to believe ps5 can and anaconda and Lockhart wont .

I guess even ps5 wont do 60 at 4k . Even the beefiest of pcs struggle to output 4k at 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have an option to switch between 4k30 and 1440p60fps for all games. Or atleast an option to reduce graphics options to get 4k60fps (helps for fps games)

 

Next gen games will have graphical upgrades so obviously the games would look better but still run at 30fps.

 

I remember witcher 3 was struggling on ps4 on launch week. Whenever it was raining in the game it was a slideshow. I am totally fine with third person games running at solid 30fps. Death Stranding is an great example, it runs flawlessly in my pro. Even though its running at 30fps it feels so smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

 

Doom and gloom

Ms just murdered next generation without even announcing anything 😂.

 

Also no one expected 60fps with jaguar , X was always aimed at resolution. Don't know what you are talking about?

 

With Zen 2 and custom ssd in nextgen consoles we should see more 60fps games than this generation for sure. If one console can achieve it then probably all will, no reason to believe ps5 can and anaconda and Lockhart wont .

I guess even ps5 wont do 60 at 4k . Even the beefiest of pcs struggle to output 4k at 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

I guess even ps5 wont do 60 at 4k . Even the beefiest of pcs struggle to output 4k at 60.

It  probaly can do 8k at 60 fps too but it all depends  if the devs are willing to sacrifice the graphical fidelity to achive it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. Anyone expecting everything to run at 60fps probably hasn't learnt anything after Xbox one X. If lockcrap is indeed that underpowered then it's not only holding the new xbox back but also the whole next generation of consoles. 

 

I think you'll just have watered down ports like you get with Switch. Either way it doesn't really matter because MS can't force 3rd parties to support it and hold back their games like they'll do with first parties. Heck I'm not even sure the "forward compatibility" BS will continue beyond first year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would 100% pay $199 for a next gen machine that is gimped to Digital only 1080p 60/30 FPS - medium settings of next gen games. Plus if streaming takes off, its not gonna matter much. 

 

You all might be surprised at how much that thing could take off. General public doesnt give a sh*t about resolution, frame rate etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

I think you'll just have watered down ports like you get with Switch. Either way it doesn't really matter because MS can't force 3rd parties to support it and hold back their games like they'll do with first parties. Heck I'm not even sure the "forward compatibility" BS will continue beyond first year.

I don't think 3rd parties will ignore it. It's easily going to be a better selling sku compared to the 500$ anaconda anyway. Like the switch has taught us devs will do anything to reduce graphics to release a game on the popular hardware.

300$  and probably a bundled month of gamepass to play the next new thing Is a no brainer and an instant hit if marketing is done correctly. Casuals just care about the price.

 

I am more worried about MS s marketing and msg to be honest.

Edited by triggr happy ss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Microsoft, they can afford to take high level of risks. So whether Lockhart will do well or not won’t matter much. It will be a good learning experience and following the multi price point strategy as Samsung phones. Looking at Apple, the cheaper version sold better proving diminishing returns economics of the premium phone. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...