kmkaks

PlayStation and Xbox thread

Project Scarlett console, now officially known as the Xbox Series X

Inside The New Xbox Series X Controller: Share Button & More Changes

3615036-xbox-new-controller.jpg

Xbox Series X Controller “features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple”. 

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Tbh I've never seen a new generation console get shadow dropped in a random even and get immediately buried by other stuff happening at that event. I heard Saturn had a low key launch though.

Looks like they're desperate to get some sort of momentum going. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Project Scarlett console, now officially known as the Xbox Series X

Inside The New Xbox Series X Controller: Share Button & More Changes

3615036-xbox-new-controller.jpg

Xbox Series X Controller “features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple”. 

Wait a min.. :huh:

I like the design actually. Its very subjective. And design (also the name) doesn't matter. People will talk about it for some time and then never mention it again because the games and the price is what ultimately matters. And they need to get it right, there's very little margin for error here.

I like the design actually. Its very subjective. And design (also the name) doesn't matter. People will talk about it for some time and then never mention it again because the games and the price is what ultimately matters. And they need to get it right, there's very little margin for error here.

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

People are not complaining about the name because it's bad but because it doesn't tell you that's it's a generational leap over its predecessor. The Wii u faced the same problem 

Pretty much. Things like name, looks of the console etc do play a role no matter how much people like to downplay them.

11 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

That is one ugly looking console with name being even a bigger blunder.

So i checked few posts on Beyond 3d forums and they were saying design is done keeping cooling and noise in mind.

12 Tflops gpu and16 core CPU, ssd is lot of heat and power. 

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

In the EZA stream, they all pretty much assumed it was a fancy One X redesign until the date was shown. 

Ya it's a bad name.  MS is just suck when it comes to naming hardware.

Xbox Scarlett was better name imo

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So i checked few posts on Beyond 3d forums and they were saying design is done keeping cooling and noise in mind.

If it looks stupid but it works, it ain't stupid. If it really solves the purpose, then it isn't bad. But yeah It shouldn't be bulky. Should be easy to carry around. If it's as big as a PC cabinet, then we sure have a problem. Eagerly waiting for PS5 reveal now.

6 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

There must be reasons for them to go with this. I am not disputing that. Doesn't mean that the console looks any less stupid.