kmkaks

PlayStation and Xbox thread

On 1/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, CarbonCore said:

Last E3 had 66k attendance, the one before that had 69k. Gamescom for comparison has over 350k attendance. Plus they have higher viewership because unlike E3, most live events happen when the rest of the world is awake.

E3 was always a media event as far as I know, it's only since last few years they started making a transition to a consumer event. So comparing the attendance at the event is  pointless.

18 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Lower attendance is explained by Sony skipping last E3 and not a customer focused event like Gamescom.  Agree with you on the viewership due to its timings. 

35 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

E3 was always a media event as far as I know, it's only since last few years they started making a transition to a consumer event. So comparing the attendance at the event is  pointless.

This is the point of contention between Sony and ESA. Sony wants them to be open to public while ESA wants it media and influencer event. Remember they're still going to PAX, Gamescom, PGA, TGS, Game awards etc on top of doing their own events. Just no E3. It was also open to public for first 15 or so years until ESA decided to make it private few years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

Sony approach will be different to xbox towards exclusives on pc. They will be dropped on pc in couple of years is what I think.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mat bol zada, no one knows what the approach is anymore.