PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Watch PS5 version of RDR2 be $60 again

We still do not have any concrete details on PS5 so anything is possible. 

It’s nice to see Microsoft to be pro-consumer this next-gen compared to the anti-consumer policies at the Xbox one launch. Though impressive on the hardware features  the pricing and number/quality of games are still a major factor. 

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Awesome specs. But have to wait for price reveal before concluding the hype though. From specs, this machine could end up costing 70k-1 lakh (In India), in which case I would definitely not be interested as of now. Hope price is reasonable.

70k- 1 lakh? How?

I am leaning more towards 500$ and MS taking a big loss . So we are probably looking at a 50k price. 

12 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

70k- 1 lakh? How?

I am leaning more towards 500$ and MS taking a big loss . So we are probably looking at a 50k price. 

I'm saying this because I'm taking the absolute minimum cost on PC (Similar specs) plus MS has already said that it will be a premium console - which is another word for expensive. But hey, if they sell for a reasonable price, I'm more than happy. PC part prices are spiralling out of control, and we need reasonable alternatives. 

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I'm saying this because I'm taking the absolute minimum cost on PC (Similar specs) plus MS has already said that it will be a premium console - which is another word for expensive. But hey, if they sell for a reasonable price, I'm more than happy. PC part prices are spiralling out of control, and we need reasonable alternatives. 

Don't know why you are comparing it with PC parts, console are supposed to be cheaper and sold at a loss if need be . According to insiders the ps5 is also around the same specs, I doubt Sony is going beyond 500$ either.

4 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

We still do not have any concrete details on PS5 so anything is possible. 

It’s nice to see Microsoft to be pro-consumer this next-gen compared to the anti-consumer policies at the Xbox one launch. Though impressive on the hardware features  the pricing and number/quality of games are still a major factor. 

I meant the next-gen version of RDR2. It'll depend on individual publishers and I expect most of them will do this, except Rockstar. Watch them gouge people for full price again even though current gen version is perfectly playable and could be patched on next-gen systems. Don't think Sony will actively disallow other publishers from giving free updates, they've been doing crossbuy thing for nearly a decade.

18 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

The New Gayers of war is garbage, literally the same weapons from what 2009 or whatever when the first gears came out, and absolutely unlikeable characters.

Never played Halo tho, inshallah we will see when they put out Halo CE, Halo 2 & 3 remastered on master cheif collection on pc.

long ago in PS3 era you longed for PS because the amount of exclusives they put out.

now nearly everything is on PC, and sony first party titles are very few and far between, like 1-2 games a year

You are getting TLOU2 at the end of a console cycle and you moan about exclusives :lol: We got DT,concrete genie and blood and truth last year and i dont need to mention previous years.

Multiplats are everywhere but PS you buy for exclusives. These are the ones coming ahead:

God of war 2

GT7

Horizon2

Spidey 2

Order- unconfirmed

GOT

BB2 will come for sure

Sony aint letting go Uncharted that easily

Dont think above list is small :)

4 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

70k- 1 lakh? How?

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

3 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Don't know why you are comparing it with PC parts, console are supposed to be cheaper and sold at a loss if need be . According to insiders the ps5 is also around the same specs, I doubt Sony is going beyond 500$ either.

Anything over $499/50k will be a very hard sell. Pricing and games are everything when it comes to consoles.

Atleast MS is confident enough to reveal the console and most of the specs earlier than it's competitor. 
You have been gaming for years and it's funny that you still doubt Sony won't show up with goods..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Atleast MS is confident enough to reveal the console and most of the specs earlier than it's competitor. 
You have been gaming for years and it's funny that you still doubt Sony won't show up with goods..

3 minutes ago, sobbii said:

I have no doubts, infact I'm excited to see what Sony has up on their sleeves. But there's no denying that MS has been kicking lately. 

We have no concrete date of Sony's new console launch showcase, no official announcements apart of just PS5 logo (which we all knew how it's gonna be).

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

Good or no goods, don't see Sony dominating as much as they did this generation . 

I think nextgen is going to be very difficult to predict and probably the most competitive , which ofcourse will be best thing for all of us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Anything over $499/50k will be a very hard sell. Pricing and games are everything when it comes to consoles.

I'm hoping its priced lower than that. Not sure how I feel about asking my parents for 50K to buy a gaming console. Idk doesn't feel justified. Rather build myself a decent setup with that kind of money frankly.

20 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I'm hoping its priced lower than that. Not sure how I feel about asking my parents for 50K to buy a gaming console. Idk doesn't feel justified. Rather build myself a decent setup with that kind of money frankly.

You can wait till the Diwali sales in the next year or 2. Games become affordable as well. Most launch games will be available in the PS4 and Xbox one along with backward compatibility and free upgrade option at least for Microsoft games  in the new console. 

41 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Picture of next months Gold and PSN+ games leaked too. 

Reveal hidden contents

plastics-web.jpg

Very few blockbusters are released this gen compared to previous gen. So you cannot expect too much out of gold/PSN. GamePass and PS Now will go big next gen.

4 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Good or no goods, don't see Sony dominating as much as they did this generation . 

I think nextgen is going to be very difficult to predict and probably the most competitive , which ofcourse will be best thing for all of us.

Agreed. Xbox learnt its lessons and seems to be more confident.

Edited by Mysteryman