kmkaks

PlayStation and Xbox thread

The announcement tweet is now the most liked gaming tweet ever. Imagine a fking controller tweet beating all previous gaming announcements tweets in 12 hours :lol: 

The Instagram post is also on its way to beat the stupid PS5 logo post.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, adity said:

Everything points towards it being like ds4. I don't know where people are getting the idea that it'll have xbox like batteries. 

Yeahh, it doesn't make any sense to go back a decade on battery design.

11 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Ooh that looks nice! The colour scheme and design kinda give it that futuristic look :P

Also, I guess the lightbar will no longer be used for VR tracking now?

PSVR2 must have inside-out tracking like Quest so it should work with up-facing lights along with gyro. No more camera required for tracking.

14 hours ago, silentassassin said:
49747503557_fa12f113db_h.jpg

Initial thoughts:

Not a very attractive looking thing

Appears hefty

Buttons appear to be backlit

Dual-tone just not working

The mic sign on the bottom in blue is "mic disabled"

Lightbar is unwelcome. Again.

White is uninspired. "Space grey" is the colour of the present:

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

gjk1ude.jpg

10 bucks says PS5 is a white two tone console.

Ugh. Will clash with the whole rack. Will wrap it if it's anything other than black or grey. 

14 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Better battery life

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

That is a thickass controller. Hopefully that means better battery life.

Battery situation solved: include Qi; place on console to charge. Speed of charging doesn't matter, you'll always have near full battery. For those times it runs low while playing, USB-C for quick juice. 

Edited by achilles

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The profit margin on SX controller must be insane

No battery

No gyro

No haptics

No adjustable triggers

No built-in mic

Still costs the same.

I think SX controller has haptics and adaptive triggers. They did mention that they rolled out the initial tech in Xbox one and now building upon it. 

No idea about gyro, mic. 

2 hours ago, achilles said:

White is uninspired. "Space grey" is the colour of the present:

Ugh. Will clash with the whole rack. Will wrap it if it's anything other than black or grey. 

Battery situation solved: include Qi; place on console to charge. Speed of charging doesn't matter, you'll always have near full battery. For those times it runs low while playing, USB-C for quick juice. 

At least we get USB-C. Also happy that it'll still have the headphone jack, and not require us to use adapters with the C-type port.

Usually white gives a pretty clean and nice looks. Hell, I've seen enough desk setups and PC builds to know that white works. But this doesn't look appealing. 

I'm Team Sony and use a PS4, but Xbox does way better controllers and limited edition consoles, I'll give em that.

I like the space grey version better. Hopefully they introduce an all-black version as well. 

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I think SX controller has haptics and adaptive triggers. They did mention that they rolled out the initial tech in Xbox one and now building upon it. 

No idea about gyro, mic. 

Don't think haptics and adaptive triggers are mentioned at all. The fact that they have to work across current and new gen means they're basically hamstrung with 2013 tech.

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

No idea about gyro, mic. 

Xbox is impulse triggers where they just provide vibrations to the triggers. Haptic feedback is somewhat there in switch joycon controllers but they are very underpowered maybe due to battery issues. Adaptive triggers are used in some VR controllers.

9 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

PSVR2 must have inside-out tracking like Quest so it should work with up-facing lights along with gyro. No more camera required for tracking.

That would be great. Excited and also curious to see where they go with it.

13 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The profit margin on SX controller must be insane

No battery

No gyro

No haptics

No adjustable triggers

No built-in mic

Still costs the same.

Huh? The XSX contoller won't have haptic feedback and adjustable triggers?

As far as I remember the controller will have those.

If they maintain the quality of their controller I won't mind paying the same amount, as compared to Dualshock 4 the Xbox one Controller is way better in quality and durability.