PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Many bought cheap Xbox live gold for year then upgraded to 1$ game pass. Gears 5 would have easily beat Gears 4 in sales at launch if it was not in GP from day one or there was no 1$ deal for ultimate edition Game pass.

I bought one year live for 38$ and then upgraded to GPU for 1$. Almost every ivg member did it.

Special thread were created regarding this on Gaf,Era,Reddit and official Gears forum and on Facebook and Twitter as well.

And sure Halo is bigger but it will not beat sales of previous Halo games or create any record in charts. 

90% audience will play it through GP as MS only wants people to play via GP. On Xbox dashboard you have to search to goto Gears 5 page to buy it. Gears 5 ad on dashboard redirects you to Game pass page lol.

Scarlett is DoA coz there's no reason to buy it. All exclusives are on PC, Xbox one S and X and soon Xcloud will let you play Halo on your mobile and switch. 

MS wants to get out of console business, Scarlett is there to show they care but in reality they don't care about selling hardware 

I myself bought 1 year live membership and then upgraded to UGP . 

But as we know Gears of War 5 became the most played game beating Fortnite a while ago.

Now do you really think all those players ( few millions at least ) bought yearly Xbox live memberships before upgrading .

Yes everyone might have played Gears of war 5 for 1$ but going forward that won't be the case . 

Regarding Xbox Scarlett being DOA and Streaming to be the future of gaming . It's too early to tell anything with 100% certainty .

I do agree Halo Infinite probably won't sell as well previous Halo games . 

But it might just find itself in top exclusive lists depending on how good the game is and what strategy Microsoft uses for it and their next gen console .

Edited by Krazyniks

• 0:12 - Genesis Noir
  • 1:41 - Munchkin
  • 1:59 - Yooka Laylee
  • 2:24 - The Escapists 2
  • 2:44 - Cities: Skyline (Windows 10 Edition)
  • 3:14 - Lonely Mountains: Downhill Interview (w/ Anthony Stevens from Thunderful Games)
  • 4:36 - Demon's Tilt Interview (w/ Ralph Barbagallo from FLARB)
  • 6:05 - Genesis Noir Interview (w/ Ashley Nicollette from Fellow Traveler)
  • 7:52 - Minit
  • 8:09 - The Red Strings Club
  • 8:32 - The Talos Principle
  • 8:52 - Vambrace: Cold Soul
  • 9:22 - State of Mind
  • 9:46 - Dead by Daylight
  • 10:24 - While you wait, games to play today! (Descenders, Bad North, GoNNER, Steamworld Dig 2, Slay the Spire, Enter the Gungeon)

14 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

One of the worst we've had in the recent past I guess. Especially when PS is going with guns blazing by giving TLoU.

TLOU isn't exactly guns blazing, tbh. :P

It goes on sale for 5 bucks regularly. Darksiders 3 was a good one though,as its relatively new.

I wouldn't really complain about games with gold , considering the epic sh*t MS is offering on Gamepass . :P

2 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

TLOU isn't exactly guns blazing, tbh. :P

It goes on sale for 5 bucks regularly. Darksiders 3 was a good one though,as its relatively new.

I wouldn't really complain about games with gold , considering the epic sh*t MS is offering on Gamepass . :P

I totally forgot this :mellow: Guess, I got carried away with the hype around TLoU 2 :wallbash:

Meanwhile sony has announced massive price changes to psnow. 

New pricing

US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)

CAN: $12.99 – monthly / $34.99 – quarterly / $79.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)

EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly/ €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A)/ €99.99)

UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly/ £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99 / (N/A) / £84.99)

JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900 / (NA)

New rotating titles each month. 

God of war, uncharted 4, GTA 5 and infamous are the first batch avb till Jan 2 20202. 

Complete details here

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/01/playstation-now-everything-you-need-to-know/

Naa. Not worth subscribing if it's not day and date for me coz I already played most of the biggies at launch.

But if you just a bought ps4 then it's great

Sony copying GP slogan 

Xbox-Games-Pass-1151182.jpg?r=1562761476

Screenshot_2019-10-02_at_01.30.43.png

PS now Ad

Screenshot_2019-10-02_at_01.31.04.png

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yeah for new PS4 owners this is a superb deal . The fact that PS Now includes option of playing multiplayer on the games in it's library without having the need to buy PS plus separately is added sweetener .

However it seems like you do need PS Plus to play multiplayer on other games and for the free monthly games .

Edited by Krazyniks