PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

14 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

makes some interesting points:

- nvidia's DLSS works most effectively with tensor core GPUs which at the moment only nvidia has

- AMD's GPUs dont have tensor cores, but their super sampling tries to mimic the behaviour. 

- Same case with MS' DirectML. Not built around tensor cores, only acting like it.

- these guys cant match DLSS just yet and it seems nvidia is going to be hard to catch up with

- XSX and PS5 don't got no tensor cores and that means they'll not have true DLSS level performance, at least with the current SoC.

I thought we already knew most of these.

And DLSS took its sweet time to get to where it is now. The jump from 1.9 to 2.0 was quite big, and more people started taking notice of its possibilities (including me :P).

I'm not 100% sure on this but I read somewhere that AMD has integrated the hardware needed for its hardware based upscale tech and not just software emulation. Even if they do push it to consoles next week, I don't expect it to reach its potential for months. 

Edit:

This explains they have some hardware in place for Fidelity FXs Supe res. If this article is true, we might just get a somewhat polished version on launch unlike DLSS which took some time to fly. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-development

Edited by gecko89
Added more info

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

I thought we already knew most of these.

And DLSS took its sweet time to get to where it is now. The jump from 1.9 to 2.0 was quite big, and more people started taking notice of its possibilities (including me :P).

I'm not 100% sure on this but I read somewhere that AMD has integrated the hardware needed for its hardware based upscale tech and not just software emulation. Even if they do push it to consoles next week, I don't expect it to reach its potential for months. 

Edit:

This explains they have some hardware in place for Fidelity FXs Supe res. If this article is true, we might just get a somewhat polished version on launch unlike DLSS which took some time to fly. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-development

yeah, maybe my use of the word "mimic" was misleading. What I meant is that their hardware based solution is also doing what DLSS does. But more importantly, my 'guess' is that it will not reach DLSS levels because deep learning models can improve a lot just by additional training data itself (without drastically changing the underlying model) and tensor cores (which don't exist in AMD's chips right now) play a huge role in enabling that level of machine learning calculations.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article by a PS centric website

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/reaction_what_next_for_playstation

It’s hard not to look over the fence and feel a few pangs of jealousy; while PlayStation has a comparatively loaded slate of upcoming software, Microsoft is making big moves that threaten to disrupt the status quo. We’ve seen it complete its acquisition of Bethesda, effectively dwarfing Sony’s first-party operations, while its Game Pass initiative – regardless of financial viability – is making games like Returnal look like daylight robbery in comparison. PS Plus, to Sony’s credit, is outstanding value right now – but as time moves forward, PlayStation is going to need to react.

:)

Edited by WhiteWolf

this not PS5 thread, now we cant post articles in in this thread as well? This is a opinion article by a popular website. I dont see whats wrong in it.. Its not like im posting something made up lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

this not PS5 thread, now we cant post articles in in this thread as well? This is a opinion article. I dont see whats wrong in it.. Its not like im posting something made up lol

I wanted to page him in Outriders thread as well, but no one gives a crap about it so shitposting in that thread mostly went unnoticed. So consider this as final warning before perma-ban.

22 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I wanted to page him in Outriders thread as well, but no one gives a crap about it so so shitposting in that thread mostly went unnoticed.

my post not sh*t post.. I post nothing except link to article.. I just used emoji :P

This article was even posted on Era, so if they don't see a opinion piece as sh*t post then i don't understand why you see this as sh*t post nd all?

You dont like it coz they praising Game pass nd all?

It was decided no off topic post in SX and PS5 thread.  This thread will be used for other ps and Xbox related general discussion.

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

my post not sh*t post.. I post nothing except link to article.. I just used emoji :P

This article was even posted on Era, so if they don't see a opinion piece as sh*t post then i don't understand why you see this as sh*t post nd all?

You dont like it coz they praising Game pass nd all?

It was decided no off topic post in SX and PS5 thread.  This thread will be used for other ps and Xbox related general discussion.

You have been warned.

2 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

lol, how is that sh*t posting? He just posted an article on ps5 from a big ps site...ridiculous

posted with the intention to bait.

7 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

lol, how is that sh*t posting? He just posted an article on ps5 from a big ps site...ridiculous

Shitposting is about Outriders thread. I know people like to fellatio GP, but you don't have to go in every thread and mock people who still spend money on games.

16 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Shitposting is about Outriders thread. I know people like to fellatio GP, but you don't have to go in every thread and mock people who still spend money on games.

what Whitewolf did was wrong. But as mods you have to apply the same rules to everyone. If you ban anyone who mocks people for "spending on games", you must also ban those who mock people for "buying a console to play indie bhindi / last gen games".