PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

22 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

By the tone of the article, it seems they would launch episodes of halo from now on. Don't know if they have changed their intent/view about  this in 2021. 

Another possible episodic release

https://wccftech.com/microsoft-the-initiative-episodic-black-mirror-divisive/

No info on this yet this year. 

Having one or 2 studios putting out episodic content means nothing out of 23 studios with multiple teams. GP has all kinds of genre and variety ,it will just add to that.

Also there are no indications that xbox is rushing out games now since they have got full support of MS( since 2018) . All 3 major franchises like forza ,gears and halo have seen extra dev time instead of the usual 2-3 yrs.  This is also reflected in their Pc game ports which have been great. 

Games like fable ,starfield ,avowed ,the outer worlds 2 ,hell blade etc are going to be great sp games coz all studios are getting full support and continuing to grow . There are no reports since 2018 when the 1st studio was acquired that Ms are interfering in their functioning in any way. 

Also all these comparisons about stadia and xcloud is just laughable when one has a history of decades in developing games behind it . I doubt porting to xcloud is a very difficult job when content is already being developed for consoles and pc . 

8 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Having one or 2 studios putting out episodic content means nothing out of 23 studios with multiple teams. GP has all kinds of genre and variety ,it will just add to that.

Also there are no indications that xbox is rushing out games now since they have got full support of MS( since 2018) . All 3 major franchises like forza ,gears and halo have seen extra dev time instead of the usual 2-3 yrs.  This is also reflected in their Pc game ports which have been great. 

Games like fable ,starfield ,avowed ,the outer worlds 2 ,hell blade etc are going to be great sp games coz all studios are getting full support and continuing to grow . There are no reports since 2018 when the 1st studio was acquired that Ms are interfering in their functioning in any way. 

Also all these comparisons about stadia and xcloud is just laughable when one has a history of decades in developing games behind it . I doubt porting to xcloud is a very difficult job when content is already being developed for consoles and pc . 

Google wasn't developing games. It was just providing third party games via stadia. Even Netflix plans to enter cloud gaming now. I wonder if xbox can compete with Netflix's installed user base? 

The whole concept of gamepass is based on user acquisition. If that plateaus, the service would come on shaky grounds. 

Btw how many of those 23 studios are churing out aaa games that'll launch in the next two years. 

Whatever games you have quoted, leaving Starfield , don't even have a release date yet. Yet you are hyped about them . Lol! 

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

The whole concept of gamepass is based on user acquisition. If that plateaus, the service would come on shaky grounds. 

gamepass spans xbox one consoles, xbox series consoles, PCs and in many countries, anyone with a good internet connection with xcloud - easily 100s of millions of possible subs

I read somewhere that about 40-50MM gamepass subscriber base would make it self-sustainable - achievable considering above fact

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Anyways, gamepass should have provisions for indian debit cards as well. And maybe regional pricing at ms store. 

So you want regional pricing on the ms store where we have a cheaper option of Gamepass along with 60$ 1st party games . 

But paying 5000 to sony for 10-15 hours of Sp is perfectly fine?  

gamepass spans xbox one consoles, xbox series consoles, PCs and in many countries, anyone with a good internet connection with xcloud - easily 100s of millions of possible subs

I read somewhere that about 40-50MM gamepass subscriber base would make it self-sustainable - achievable considering above fact
Everything looks good and possible in theory. 

Do you know what percentage of people even play online games in india? Considering india being a sunshine country and gaming having a lot of potential? 

I am quoting steam here as pc gaming is the most popular mode of gaming and steam has hugely popular games like csgo. Plus it has regional pricing and gives games at good discounts.

I mean aoe 4 is cheaper on steam than on MS store! Screenshot_20210619-190326644 (1).jpg

11 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

So you want regional pricing on the ms store where we have a cheaper option of Gamepass along with 60$ 1st party games . 

But paying 5000 to sony for 10-15 hours of Sp is perfectly fine?  

Aoe 4 won't be feasible in a sub model imo. Such games don't have a lifespan if you play online/with friends. You would want to play it for a longer time than what they offer you (2-4 months?). 

Some games are better bought than rented. For instance quoting your example of Alan wake. When you wanted to play it, it was out of gamepass. 

Regarding Sony's pricing, I'm not fine with it. 5k is a bit too high. But to think of it, that price would help them to break even and they'll keep churning out blockbuster aaa games for a forseeable future. That's what I want. Hope ms does the same. 

Edited by radicaldude

5 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

sometime i wonder if you even know what the hell you are talking about ,you posts are so retarded.

Can someone tell me how to block this gaming analysis Einstein  ,i want to keep my sanity. 

You really need a 101 on comprehension if you can't even comprehend plain English and I don't speak bot English! 

Please do me a favor and do that. Also quit quoting my posts from now onwards. 

Edited by radicaldude

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

lol. people comment on getting hyped about xbox releases and then go weave conspiracy theories on studio locations and misleading webpages :roflroll: 

That game is supposedly coming out in 2021. Even a title embroiled in conspiracy theories has a release time frame, that too this year.  

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

That game is supposedly coming out in 2021. Even a title embroiled in conspiracy theories has a release time frame, that too this year.  

lol. cool. its awesome you're hyped for an unannounced title. I am happy for you. I just couldn't help but notice the hypocrisy. 

Just now, WhatsInTheName said:

lol. cool. its awesome you're hyped for an unannounced title. I am happy for you. I just couldn't help but notice the hypocrisy. 

It has been announced. A Trailer/teaser is up on sonys official channel, though it might not represent the actual product, but we atleast know what the game/setting et al is about. Plus the developer is giving updates. How True/false are these we would find in due course. 

also I'm more excited about kojima working on the game rather than the game itself. Atleast for now. 

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

It has been announced. A Trailer/teaser is up on sonys official channel, though it might not represent the actual product, but we atleast know what the game/setting et al is about. Plus the developer is giving updates. How True/false are these we would find in due course. 

also I'm more excited about kojima working on the game rather than the game itself. Atleast for now. 

thats even better. As I said, I am happy for your excitement. I was just pointing out how you commented on Trigger's hype and yet you do have a hype of your own. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Google wasn't developing games. It was just providing third party games via stadia. Even Netflix plans to enter cloud gaming now. I wonder if xbox can compete with Netflix's installed user base? 

Btw how many of those 23 studios are churing out aaa games that'll launch in the next two years. 

Whatever games you have quoted, leaving Starfield , don't even have a release date yet. Yet you are hyped about them . Lol! 

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Best case scenario it is Silent Hill, worst case scenario it's an indie title that may or may not be good. But either way, this is an epic ride, the conspiracy theories, the memes, I hope this doesn't end soon. Guess we'll know on 22nd.

• Like 1

Just now, WhatsInTheName said:

thats even better. As I said, I am happy for your excitement. I was just pointing out how you commented on Trigger's hype and yet you do have a hype of your own. 

We know more about abandoned than the games which were mentioned, which don't even have a release window. 

Look, abandoned might bomb more than dnf. However Kojima potentially working on a new title is exciting to say the least. I never said that the game would be a blockbuster. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Subscriptions never make sense if you play 4-5 games a year. GP offers a huge variety of good games on offer (new and old) and a lot of people like that (more than 20 million+). 

+1

And as far as the economics and sustainability of the service is concerned, this is probably one of those rare occasions when consumers are more worried about a company's project feasibility than its investors :rofl:    

oops, sorry, not even consumers. just bystanders.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

We know more about abandoned than the games which were mentioned, which don't even have a release window. 

Look, abandoned might bomb more than dnf. However Kojima potentially working on a new title is exciting to say the least. I never said that the game would be a blockbuster. 

lol. dude. read again what I wrote. if you understand what I am saying, reply to that part. Else, leave it.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

To know more about why I am hyped about kojima, read about how many games (he has developed) have received perfect scores. 

Kojima is a hall of famer. Its natural to get hyped about a potential new IP he might be working on. As I have said, it's more about him than the game he is developing. The game might very well, fail! 

The other person had already assumed that the games would do extremely well, without even having an iota of information on those titles. My comment was made on that. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

+1

And as far as the economics and sustainability of the service is concerned, this is probably one of those rare occasions when consumers are more worried about a company's project feasibility than its investors :rofl:    

oops, sorry, not even consumers. just bystanders.

I prefer buying games than renting them. I probably have more xbox ( original, 360 and one) physical games than you, so yes, I'm not really a bystander. I have full rights to comment/discuss on a business practice as I am a stakeholder as well. 

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

To know more about why I am hyped about kojima, read about how many games (he has developed) have received perfect scores. 

Kojima is a hall of famer. Its natural to get hyped about a potential new IP he might be working on. As I have said, it's more about him than the game he is developing. The game might very well, fail! 

The other person had already assumed that the games would do extremely well, without even having an iota of information on those titles. My comment was made on that. 

Bro, I don't even need to know "why" you are hyped. The very fact that you are is good enough. As I said, I am happy for you. But, when I read the latter part of your comment, I do get a feeling that you have some "criteria" by which you judge whether a hype is worth celebrating or not - and in this case, you deemed Trigger's hype not worthy enough. Thats just sad.