PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

To know more about why I am hyped about kojima, read about how many games (he has developed) have received perfect scores. 

Kojima is a hall of famer. Its natural to get hyped about a potential new IP he might be working on. As I have said, it's more about him than the game he is developing. The game might very well, fail! 

The other person had already assumed that the games would do extremely well, without even having an iota of information on those titles. My comment was made on that. 

You don't need to give justifications as to why you're hyped about something. We're all discussing video games here. Getting hyped is the entire point.

The point he's trying to make is that, like you, others can have their own reasons for getting hyped about something. So, please don't go around judging people and passing statements.

3 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Bro, I don't even need to know "why" you are hyped. The very fact that you are is good enough. As I said, I am happy for you. But, when I read the latter part of your comment, I do get a feeling that you have some "criteria" by which you judge whether a hype is worth celebrating or not - and in this case, you deemed Trigger's hype not worthy enough. Thats just sad. 

2 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

You don't need to give justifications as to why you're hyped about something. We're all discussing video games here. Getting hyped is the entire point.

The point he's trying to make is that, like you, others can have their own reasons for getting hyped about something. So, please don't go around judging people and passing statements.

My comment was made on the assumption about those IPs we know nothing about being great just because it is being supported by the parent company. 

Also no denigrading comment was passed. I found that funny, just as you found being hyped about kojima, funny. Why it is being brought up again and again is something I fail to understand. It was just a cursory quip. 

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I prefer buying games than renting them. I probably have more xbox ( original, 360 and one) physical games than you, so yes, I'm not really a bystander. I have full rights to comment/discuss on a business practice as I am a stakeholder as well. 

Unless you  are a GPU subscriber, you are not a stakeholder in the project.

28 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

+1

And as far as the economics and sustainability of the service is concerned, this is probably one of those rare occasions when consumers are more worried about a company's project feasibility than its investors :rofl:    

oops, sorry, not even consumers. just bystanders.

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

My comment was made on the assumption about those IPs we know nothing about being great just because it is being supported by the parent company. 

Also no denigrading comment was passed. I found that funny, just as you found being hyped about kojima, funny. Why it is being brought up again and again is something I fail to understand. It was just a cursory quip. 

you are a curious guy, I ll give you that :roflroll:

Just now, WhatsInTheName said:

Unless you  are a GPU subscriber, you are not a stakeholder in the project.

I am a stakeholder of the vertical that is xbox. Gamepass is a subset of xbox.  I feel that eventually, too much emphasis on gp would degrade the quality of single player games coming on the system due to the present model which is being followed, compared to its competitors and that's what I have been opining on. 

gamepass has a good value for gamers. However I feel giving away every aaa title day one might eventually end up xbox in troubled waters. 

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

No, I did not find it funny. You seriously have a comprehension problem.

I am a stakeholder of the vertical that is xbox. Gamepass is a subset of xbox.  I feel that eventually, too much emphasis on gp would degrade the quality of single player games coming on the system due to the present model which is being followed, compared to its competitors and that's what I have been opining on. 

gamepass has a good value for gamers. However I feel giving away every aaa title day one might eventually end up xbox in troubled waters. 

lol. see, there's that worry again. You think too negatively about the future. Don't be like that one guy who was worried about the horses when automobiles came about. Read some books and articles about the importance of disruption and innovation in business. That'll help you calm down as a stakeholder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhatsInTheName said:

lol. see, there's that worry again. You think too negatively about the future. Don't be like that one guy who was worried about the horses when automobiles came about. Read some books and articles about the importance of disruption and innovation in business. That'll help you calm down as a stakeholder.

As long as they give us games like they used to during original xbox days (and 360 as well), I'm happy. That has not happened in the last few years. 

Even halo 5 pretty much bombed. Hoping that infinite would have a good campaign. 

No I don't. Google the meaning of funny and try to read between lines. 

Funny doesn't necessarily mean you got a hearty laugh out of something. 

Yes, you do. If you had read between the lines, you'd understand what I meant. But I guess that's asking too much.

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

As long as they give us games like they used to during original xbox days (and 360 as well), I'm happy. That has not happened in the last few years. 

Even halo 5 pretty much bombed. Hoping that infinite would have a good campaign. 

Yeah, MS studios need to prove themselves. No unearned badges. And equal treatment for everyone's hype :P    

• Like 1

Found this on Reddit..

Lot of cool exciting looking games for for Xbox and PS this year..Good year for games imo. Sony started the year with great games like Returnal and RnC and MS will start releasing games from next month onwards.

Here's the list of some upcoming 2021 only games

Upcoming PlayStation Console Exclusive Games for 2021 -

Deathloop 60$ (Xbox first party studio game)

Death Stranding: Director’s Cut (PS5 Enhanced)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade (PS5 Enhanced)

Ghostwire Tokyo -60$ (Xbox first party studio game) (Release 2021? )

Horizon Forbidden West -70$

Jett The Far Shore

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Oddworld Soulstorm

Solar Ash

Stray

Upcoming Xbox Console Exclusive Games for 2021 -

All free with Game Pass -

Adios

CrossfireX (Release 2021?)

Dead Static Drive

Echo Generation

Exo One

ExoMecha

Forza Horizon 5

Halo Infinite

Lake

Microsoft Flight Simulator for Consoles

Sable

Scorn

Shredders

The Anacrusis

The Artful Escape

The Ascent

The Big Con

The Gunk

The Wild at Heart

Tunic

Twelve Minutes

Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy

Warhammer 40K: Darktide

Edited by WhiteWolf

19 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Found this on Reddit..

Lot of cool exciting looking games for for Xbox and PS this year..Good year for games imo. Sony started the year with great games like Returnal and RnC and MS will start releasing games from next month onwards.

Here's the list of some upcoming 2021 only games

Horizon, halo and forza!!
Year end is going to be awesome 

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

Horizon, halo and forza!!
Year end is going to be awesome 

Dont overlook those indies like 12 minutes and Ascent, you might end up liking them more than AAA games :D

Good thing, you can try them all without spending any extra money ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Hehe i laugh at salty Game pass haters. 

Oh and its a article by Metro UK again :Lol: 

oh and it's clear you didn't read the article.

• Haha 2