PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

That's why they created/started this subscription service. My entire post was about this. 

There are plenty of GOTY contenders on gamepass right now … doesn’t matter to me if they are  Xbox owned or third party studios…

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah, lol. Paying extra for the exaggerated swagger of a black teenager.

I do appreciate the improvements in gameplay however. Lot more streamlined and fluid this time around. However, I don't understand the omission of awesome gadgets like impact webs and the mine webs this time around.

personally i found the Spiderman 2018 to be just ok… 

Spiderman MM just felt like a DLC.. more of the same with some improvements  

12 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

personally i found the Spiderman 2018 to be just ok… 

Spiderman MM just felt like a DLC.. more of the same with some improvements  

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

f*** you. Spiderman is 10/10.

Yeah & we are down to this after being forced to reflect the reality 

Anyway pls carry on the charade 

I’ve made my point quite fair & square 

As long as you guys would have to pay to play premium content like R&C,Spider-Man,RE8,BF2042 or Elden Ring 

You guys just won’t be able to validate the point you are trying to make 

Edited by AnK

You guys do know that PS5 games sold poorly in India right?

Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, R&C Riftapart, Returnal....all sold POORLY.
Can you guess the reason? 

And no, demographic doesn't revolve around a forum and handful of people.

If a person comes to me ask me about a VFM gaming device and overall VFM proposition, I wouldn't tell him/her about PS5, nor a PC(Given how gpu market is RN) eventhough I have both....I would suggest XSX. Why? Because it has better investment and return interms of game enjoyment thanks to GamePass.

Mind you, exclusives aren't everything in game world as Sony fanboys loves to think. It's not. 
There are more multiplatform games than there are exclusives. 

Also, do you know why PS4, PS5 sold well soo much in India than xbox console, because ENTIRE PC crowd goes for PS because they don't have any reason to go for Xbox console as all XBOX games and Gamepass are on PC. PC gamers are still at a massively high number in India, more so than any console crowd here. And PS has that entire crowd of people who already have Gaming PC.

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

If a person comes to me ask me about a VFM gaming device and overall VFM proposition, I wouldn't tell him/her about PS5, nor a PC(Given how gpu market is RN) eventhough I have both....I would suggest XSX. Why? Because it has better investment and return interms of game enjoyment thanks to GamePass.

Mind you, exclusives aren't everything in game world as Sony fanboys loves to think. It's not. 

Also, do you know why PS4, PS5 sold well soo much in India than xbox console, because ENTIRE PC crowd goes for PS because they don't have any reason to go for Xbox console as all XBOX games and Gamepass are on PC. PC gamers are still at a massively high number in India, more so than any console crowd here. And PS has that entire crowd of people who already have Gaming PC.

You are a shill too nowThe Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I think there's no good/logical discussion here as some people just want to prove that they are "superior" - that's it

Lol isn't that the story of 90% of discussions here on IVG .

Everyone here is a expert on gaming/technology/business models of companies/studios etc etc etc .Their mind is already made up - what they think is the right and it should be treated as a universal fact . 

Very rarely you would see people coming to a logical conclusion after analysis of facts and arguments . Most of the time people just end up either disagreeing in a respectful manner or in a abusive manner.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

HADES :wOOtjumpy:

I follow GTS's Instagram page. They very regularly put out ads to entice people to buy Hades day 1!! Goty and what not.

Then, I think about Gamepass and that makes me smile :D 

Also, another thing. 

India is a still a developing nation. Affordability for games is not there by any means when the price is 5k. Just because you or I can doesn't mean all of the gamers can. 

Nor should anyone expected to pay 5k for 16-18 hrs of linear one time and done games. So please, give your quality content for 5k price justification elsewhere, among some rich kid maybe.

M$ trying to bring gaming for all, not just a hobby for privileged. 

Appreciate them for what they are doing, or live in your privileged bubble.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Affordability for games is not there by any means when the price is 5k. Just because you or I can doesn't mean all of the gamers can. 

India is a still a developing nation. Affordability for games is not there by any means when the price is 5k. Just because you or I can doesn't mean all of the gamers can. 

That is why Sony [and Nintendo]  still push for physical releases for almost every game they make, to make the games accessible to all. 

People who can afford to shell out 70$ will buy digitally or collect the games they buy. 

And the very reliable used games market caters to everyone else who want the option of buying and selling/trading-in the games later. 

Game Pass is great and is rapidly growing in markets like India.

But I would always suggest people to follow the games, not the console or the company or the subscription services it offers. 

There is always a way around buying and playing expensive games. The price tag should not stop people from doing that, especially when they are shelling out 50k on the hardware. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

That's due to the availability or the lack of it of ps5 units. 

Once ps5 is readily available (to the level that you can walk in to a store and get one) sales would automatically improve. 

Though not even close to the levels of western markets. 

Also you quoted about pc gaming. Steam is hugely popular in india. Yet the traffic is just 0.5 percent of the overall global traffic. Im pretty sure that would be the case with other online services as well, subscription and otherwise. 

Playstation currently dominates whatever gaming industry presently is present in the country. Some people even equate gaming with/to playstation. Gamepass might make some headway in tier 1 cities, but a majority would still prefer buying and selling physical games. (Another reason for the popularity of ps is- indian youtubers promote it. Specially hindi youtubers.  How many indian youtubers play their games on gamepass? ) 

15 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Also, another thing. 

Nor should anyone expected to pay 5k for 16-18 hrs of linear one time and done games. So please, give your quality content for 5k price justification elsewhere, among some rich kid maybe.

M$ trying to bring gaming for all, not just a hobby for privileged. 

Appreciate them for what they are doing, or live in your privileged bubble.

You can get aaa games for free if you subscribe to the psn/ps+ networks as well.  

26 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Also you quoted about pc gaming. Steam is hugely popular in india. Yet the traffic is just 0.5 percent of the overall global traffic. Im pretty sure that would be the case with other online services as well, subscription and otherwise. 

Given how big Steam demographic is, even 0.5% users of active global traffic is still 6 lakh users. That is active users. That number spikes ups and downs based upon good game release. The number was even bigger when Valorant wasn't there, entire CS base was in steam, now they moved on to Riot client for valorant instead of CS.

How big is playstation userbase in India? 

26 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Playstation currently dominates whatever gaming industry presently is present in the country. Some people even equate gaming with/to playstation. Gamepass might make some headway in tier 1 cities, but a majority would still prefer buying and selling physical games. (Another reason for the popularity of ps is- indian youtubers promote it. Specially hindi youtubers.  How many indian youtubers play their games on gamepass? ) 

It's just privileged bubble. Majority of gamers in India started coming into gaming from cafes, college, school where they used to play CS, UT, Quake, Fifa, NFS on PC. 
Console bubble was just a bubble and only few privileged were into that.

I personally attended WCG 2004 (world cyber games 2004) for UT2004 and Vixture 2007 for Crysis mp competition of India, in Mumbai. While in both events qualified from Kolkata. Even for those events, the most games in Indian fixture are for PC games. Shows where the demographic were. You can deny day and night, doesn't change the fact one bit.

So tell me, given how most gamers evolved in this country, how come in India people thinks gaming=playstation?  It's just a few people think, not the majority. Heck, not everyone had PS1, PS2 even! Those were rich man's device in India!

And currently, as I said, PS is lucrative because PC gamers are buying PS consoles as they don't have any reason to buy XSX, given how GP is on PC! Most of the PC gamers can just get that sub and be done with Xbox gaming counterpart.

Mind you, this is purely for Indian demographic. Not talking about abroad.

Edited by SaiKO

32 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

That's due to the availability or the lack of it of ps5 units. 

No, it's because of the price. 4k ps5 units sold on first slot for the console, and not nearly enough for the games. 

Even IGN India reported that. 

12 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

It's just privileged bubble. Majority of gamers in India started coming into gaming from cafes, college, school where they used to play CS, UT, Quake, Fifa, NFS on PC. 
Console bubble was just a bubble and only few privileged were into that.

I personally attended WCG 2004 (world cyber games 2004) for UT2004 and Vixture 2007 for Crysis mp competition of India, in Mumbai. While in both events qualified from Kolkata. Even for those events, the most games in Indian fixture are for PC games. Shows where the demographic were. You can deny day and night, doesn't change the fact one bit.

So tell me, given how most gamers evolved in this country, how come in India people thinks gaming=playstation?  It's just a few people think, not the majority. Heck, not everyone had PS1, PS2 even! Those were rich man's device in India!

And currently, as I said, PS is lucrative because PC gamers are buying PS consoles as they don't have any reason to buy XSX, given how GP is on PC! Most of the PC gamers can just get that sub and be done with Xbox gaming counterpart.

Mind you, this is purely for Indian demographic. Not talking about abroad.

Was not comparing to pc numbers. Ofcourse pc gamers would be significantly higher in number. However this present generation would change a lot things. Many would go for consoles (4k gaming at 50k) over pc gaming (insane GPU prices). Pc would get reduced to PvP type games going forward, till GPU rates stabilize.

Playstation enjoys something known as first movers advantage in india. And no matter how hard Spencer tries, it can't be taken away from the brand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digit.in/article/amp/gaming/55356/a-look-at-the-ps4-journey-in-india

With increasing disposable incomes, buying a console now is much easier than it was in 2004. That explains why ps5 sells out in seconds. This makes me wonder why even with the gp, series s stays on the shelves, both in online and offline channels. It is way cheaper and has a "greater value" with the gamepass.

Ps- you can go on about the value gamepass gives, which it does. But still majority of indian gamers who can afford consoles go for playstation. Numbers don't lie. Screenshot_20210628-180330281 (1).jpg

Edited by radicaldude