PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The high pricing is not a factor of increased costs. The marginal cost for manufacturing a game is very low. 

The pricing is a factor of profit maximisation. So the only factor that can drop it is higher profit expectation at lower prices. 

Inflation in our country(or others) is not related to cost of production of the game 

Games were $60 in 2005 too 

but sold here for like 2k range 

even when subsidisation removed it was like 3-3.5k max 

It’s the increased conversation rate of $$ that has steeply increased pricing for us in particular 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Infation in our country(or others) is not related to cost of production of the game 

Games were $60 in 2005 too 

but sold here for like 2k range 

even when subsidisation removed it was like 3-3.5k max 

It’s the increased conversation rate of $$ that has steeply increased pricing for us in particular 

I think publisher/developer has a say as well. Like recently ubilol changed its pricing policy for india. 

Ps- Microsoft games on Microsoft Store are costlier than on steam. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm speaking from experience though. 

Played botw. I was like wow, so cool. 

Mario Odyssey was meh. Like ok it's wonderfully made but I don't wanna play a platformer and it's not thaaat great. 

Then there was nothing much that grabbed me and it was just a portable indie machine. 

It's great for some co op fun but not much else with its endless catalogue of arcade games. Like, dude, these games still have rudimentary grunts as the primary method of communication. 

All games I played just felt like extremely polished retro games. 

I wouldn't even have it right now if my cousins and sister didn't play on it regularly. 

People really talk about the diversity of Ninty games but 90% of it is just party games of different kinds. 

I'm not even an oldie so these games have no nostalgia value for me. 

Being a fan of Persona and Yakuza, you really should not be saying this. Even if you are not a fan of party games or games with fun gameplay (seriously, Mario Odyssey was better than Ratchet) - Switch is the de facto king of Japanese Games. Games like Fire Emblem, Bayonetta, Monster Hunter, Xenoblade Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei, Octopath Traveller, Famicom Detective Club, The Root Series and so much more. Switch is actually really great, if you are fans of a particular genre. Of course, it is not great if you are into high graphic games mainly. In which case - you should have researched before buying.

Edited by roun90

16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Being a fan of Persona and Yakuza, you really should not be saying this. Even if you are not a fan of party games or games with fun gameplay (seriously, Mario Odyssey was better than Ratchet) - Switch is the de facto king of Japanese Games. Games like Fire Emblem, Bayonetta, Monster Hunter, Xenoblade Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei, Octopath Traveller, Famicom Detective Club, The Root Series and so much more. Switch is actually really great, if you are fans of a particular genre. Of course, it is not great if you are into high graphic games mainly. In which case - you should have researched before buying.

Even 2d Zeldas have more emotions than the entire gears of war series combined. 

Someone who thinks mario games are easy has clearly not played enough mario. 

Ps- switch is still outselling the ps5 and xsx. 

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

It's pretty clear which E3 show was the most watched (and the most anticipated).

Ps- this image was posted by@carboncore in another thread.

screenshot2021-06-28an4j0q.jpg

Dang, had assumed Nintendo and Xbox events went head to head. Seems like Nintendo reach was more than twice of Xbox, where is this screenshot from?

What makes the Switch great is its portability. 

In fact, I’ve never used the dock mode on my Switch despite being stuck at home for almost 2 years. 
The handheld mode is just magic. 

Everyone knows Nintendo makes only fun to play games, and nothing else. 

They are just fun. 

All the 3rd party ports to Switch are a bonus. 
Even though very expensive, the portability is what you pay the premium for. 

So lamepass is gonna destroy gaming :roflroll:

on one hand people are arguing that gamepass doesn’t matter with very low level of views and on the other hand they are worried it’s going to destroy gaming ….

bhai decide atleast what’s your position.

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Haha 1

In the one year since the raging debate of GP is a scam or not, only one thing has changed in my mind. GP is insane value even without the 36 month loophole. If you're the person that has time to play many games GP is a f**king no brainer. I had it for 6 months and let it lapse simply because I had no time to actually dive in and make optimum use of the service. It would be a waste to continue. Truth be told, even when I'm stoked to play, I'm so tired by the end of the day I end up falling asleep on the couch with the controller on my chest. I'll buy my one or two games a year because realistically speaking that's about all the time I'll be able to afford it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VamosReva said:

I recently finished Mario Odyssey. 

I never felt that happy while playing a video game in my entire life. Literally the happiest game ever...

Seriously, what a game! :wub:

Such an innovative game, man. Years of small tactics teased in Mario games executed to perfection in SMO. 

If you haven't, go for SM3D+BF. It's nostalgia come to life. Legit love it more than SMO. Every level is PERFECTION. Even the level screen is so full of life. 

SMG (on Switch)/SMG2 (not on Switch) are insanely good too. Every planet is a different game in itself. 

So good. Never fails to bring a smile. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Tagging @Bird Bird Bird

What @CarbonCore said below..

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Nobody cares about Nintendo here, I gave up arguing a long time ago :lol: 

BTW, daughter loves playing Mario Kart. :blush:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Dude, where do you find such sh*t articles? It's actually rather simple why people haven't played Hivebusters...

1. MS barely marketed it. Most people (outside of gaming forums) don't even know it exists.

2. Gears 5 was rubbish so people didn't even bother

IMO, Hivebusters is really good and much better than the base game. I hope you've actually played both and not just posting these random baity airtcles for shits and giggles.

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

Dude, where do you find such sh*t articles? It's actually rather simple why people haven't played Hivebusters...

1. MS barely marketed it. Most people (outside of gaming forums) don't even know it exists.

2. Gears 5 was rubbish so people didn't even bother

IMO, Hivebusters is really good and much better than the base game. I hope you've actually played both and not just posting these random baity airtcles for shits and giggles.

The article points towards the fatigue that has developed. Now is it due to the franchise getting sequel after sequel or the service itself that offers so much that people miss out on gems is anybody's guess. 

The developer suffers in either case. People didn't play it with the gamepass, neither did they buy it . 

• Like 1