PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

33 minutes ago, iam said:

Xbox converts live gold to ultimate as a one time gesture and it was publicly announced when it came out. 

A deal offered by a company being purchases from their own storefront cannot be a loophole or fraud. It's just a good deal. 

Microsoft is a huge tech giant. Are you implying they just allowed the conversions by mistake and are not able fix it since 2+ years? 

Who said anything about not being able to fix it? 

16 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

There's just unwanted mudslinging going on. I think almost all of us will agree on the following. Let's summarize and move on.

1. Gamepass model makes sense for consumers at the moment because of Live loophole. Whether it is sustainable and will continue with the same price along with day 1 launches remains to be seen.

2. Sony is getting greedy this generation and resorting to some questionable practices.

Paying for new content is good, but paying for upgrades to old/launched games or putting them behind a paywall is anti-consumer. Case in point - PC gaming.

3. Microsoft is showing promise this gen as far as exclusives are concerned. Whether they pull it off is yet to be seen. 

4. Sony is kicking a*s with exclusives and continues to make great games.

5. Physical >>> Digital.

6. Charging for online multi player is one of the worst things that Microsoft has done to the detriment of console gaming.

7. PS5 controller is more innovative. Xbox controller is more durable.

Perfectly put.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

That 7k all go to the company. It's a legit method that company is allowing.

When you buy used, and sell game on top of that, Sony doesn't get a penny.

How is that for ripping off a company?

I don't care, I don't work for Sony. I also buy used cars, used books and sometimes used musical instruments and sell them back when done. This is the fun of owning something vs renting stuff on subscription.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I don't care, I don't work for Sony. I also buy used cars, used books and sometimes used musical instruments and sell them back when done. This is the fun of owning something vs renting stuff on subscription.

Fine by me.

The post I quoted was saying anyone using gold conversion to buy gamepass was scamming the company.

Your post was counterpoint to that.

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Fine by me.

The post I quoted was saying anyone using gold conversion to buy gamepass was scamming the company.

Your post was counterpoint to that.

Its not scamming ,xbox wants you to be there permanently and its stupid to assume they dont know about it. Its the same company that gives away 3months for a $.
They want those monthly active users ,buying the console and using it for 2 mo ths in a year is not growth for any service.

4 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

people have different preferences.. some prefer renting to actual buying and selling.. 

who said you cant buy the games on gamepass? You like something you buy it at a discount which it offers ,atleast you have the option of trying something before buying it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iam said:

People actually enjoy the whole mess of putting up games on sale, negotiating and shipping? 

Yes. 

That is like a hobby for me. Been doing it since the PS3 era. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

Yes. 

That is like a hobby for me. Been doing it since the PS3 era. 

Even before that, except it used to be friends or people in the classroom. Its basically money sitting in the shelf, why would you let it rot there?

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

it used to be friends or people in the classroom.

Those were the days! 

Still remember lending my copy of GTA V and never getting it back :lol:

1 hour ago, iam said:

People actually enjoy the whole mess of putting up games on sale, negotiating and shipping? 

There was this group here who was planning to ship each other HDDs loaded with games just a few years back. Selling used games is nothing compared to that. Just go to nearest cex or olx and have it picked from your place. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

There was this group here who was planning to ship each other HDDs loaded with games just a few years back. Selling used games is nothing compared to that. Just go to nearest cex or olx and have it picked from your place. 

People negotiate hard on OLX. 

Unbearable to me. 

One of the reasons I use uber instead of auto riksha.

The used game market holds a special place in the gaming community. 

If you remember, Microsoft lost an entire console generation because they tried to mess with this system. :fear1:

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

If you remember, Microsoft lost an entire console generation because they tried to mess with this system. :fear1:

They still are. Launching digital only consoles that are not doing great. Even Sony's digital only console is selling lesser than the disc version. 

Edited by radicaldude

19 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

Microsoft has given an alternative nobody thought would be even possible.

They have changed the game.

1 hour ago, VamosReva said:

Those were the days! 

Still remember lending my copy of GTA V and never getting it back :lol:

I have major trust issues when it comes to books, games and consoles. Once I lent my copy of Harry Potter 5 to a friend (that I bought at launch) and it came back in tatters. Since then, lending has been a major no go for me unless I absolutely trust the person. Even then I find it hard :| 

29 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

People negotiate hard on OLX. 

Unbearable to me. 

One of the reasons I use uber instead of auto riksha.

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Microsoft has given an alternative nobody thought would be even possible.

They have changed the game.

It gets annoying when people lowball in OLX. But you can actually give it back to those guys. If a guy quotes 50% of the cost of the game, agree to sell only the case. 

It's too early to say if MS has changed the game. Subscription model has traditionally worked for software, but I'd wait and watch as far as games are concerned. MS can only do so much and their development studios are yet to prove their mettle this generation. The third party publishers must be willing to put their games on the platform and for that to happen, MS needs to increase the subscription base no matter. Precisely the reason why they resort to 50$ for 1 month offers and permit Live backdoor purchases. The real challenge for GamePass would be 2-3 years down the line when the hard hitters for Sony line-up and third party devs make good use of the consoles. We need to see how compelling a proposition game pass remains at that point. Subscription models can easily become irrelevant if the churn rate is high and MS needs to hold on and grow the player base with content (reason for aquisitons) consistently.