PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yeah if the total time is 6-8 seconds then I sure hope that you realise 3-4 seconds difference won’t be categorised as “only” 

oh & about RE8 PS5 loading:- 

you do realize that loadtimes in RE8 changes based on location you loading?

in most games loadtimes changes based on area, especially in games like Control and most open world games, some devs keep it consistent like insomniac and all, but multiplats loadtimes are not consistent on PS5 or SX

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

you do realize that loadtimes in RE8 changes based on location you loading?

Yep that’s why the above video took 2 full seconds & sight of loading screen 

Here is the game on an average:- 

YES like i said 3-2 secs difference. If PS5 loading in 2 secs then SX in 5 and if PS5 loading in 3 or 4 secs then SX in 7 to 8 secs which is expected as PS5 is faster in storage department. Just talking about multiplats.

2 secs on PS5 vs 5 on SX here

But your wrong that MOST games load this fast, only few games loads this fast. Most games are cross gen and most BC games take bit longer to load than nextgen optimized games

Edited by WhiteWolf

Tbh not sure how 6 sec vs 8 sec is bothering you guys:scratchchin:

Having said that Quick resume is also useless for most people since very few actually play multiple games at a time. Also I've experienced multiple game crashes with quick resume on Assassins creed 2, which actually took me longer to boot the game back cause I had to restart the console, so thanks but Im good.

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

YES like i said 3-2 secs difference. If PS5 loading in 2 secs then SX in 5 and if PS5 loading in 3 or 4 secs then SX in 7 to 8 secs which is expected as PS5 is faster in storage department. Just talking about multiplats.

But your wrong that MOST games load this fast, only few games loads this fast. Most games are cross gen and most BC games take bit longer to load than nextgen optimized games

All optimised games ie ps5 versions / exclusives that make use of the SSD load almost instantaneously. The game gets programmed to fully make use of the SSD. 

However in series consoles, due to the cross gen gimmick, the SSD does not get utilized fully, hence load times. 

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Having said that Quick resume is also useless for most people since very few actually play multiple games at a time. Also I've experienced multiple game crashes with quick resume on Assassins creed 2, which actually took me longer to boot the game back cause I had to restart the console, so thanks but Im good.

quick resume is not only about switching games.. you can leave the game there, shut down Xbox and on booting Xbox up next time, you return to the same place…

One of the best features on Xbox…

5 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Quick resume is a very important feature & if working correctly is a boon to some of the true next gen games like Returnal & Deathloop 

Where after spending hours of long session one might feel the need to play something else for a bit to ease the stress 

The only thing ironic is that Series S/X has the feature(in whatever state) & PS5 has the games that actually would make proper use of it 

I hope PS5 adds this feature (which works properly) in the future,by the time I get one 

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Quick resume is a very important feature & if working correctly is a boon to some of the true next gen games like Returnal & Deathloop 

Where after spending hours of long session one might feel the need to play something else for a bit to ease the stress 

The only thing ironic is that Series S/X has the feature(in whatever state) & PS5 has the games that actually would make proper use of it 

I hope PS5 adds this feature (which works properly) in the future,by the time I get one 

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

quick resume is not only about switching games.. you can leave the game there, shut down Xbox and on booting Xbox up next time, you return to the same place…

Yes, i tried quick resume for that very same reason. But it crashed multiple times and had to restart console as it wouldnot even let me start the game normally after a crash.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

The suspend feature is in PS too 

you can open other apps but not games 

Quick resume is only advantageous over PS regarding running multiple games simultaneously 

Just now, playstationdude said:

Yes, i tried quick resume for that very same reason. But it crashed multiple times and had to restart console as it wouldnot even let me start the game normally after a crash.

works great for me… only in one game I faced a problem where the game would restart from the beginning…

I am currently playing civ 6 and quick resume works great with it