PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

54 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

People clearly need to experience fast travel of GoT DC to understand what ps5s SSD is all about and how load times is virtually non existent. 

I want to see a comparison with some xbox title that has fast travel. 

have you experienced it? YouTube doesn’t count ??

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

This feature makes sense on mobiles. Not so much on consoles. If it's there, then it's fine, but if it's not, not many would miss it. 

It’s important with more & more game designs experimenting with roguelike 

Demon Souls,Nioh,Returnal & Deathloop are perfect examples of how the feature would be vital 

Sadly these games are not available on Xbox & the feature not available on PS 

As I already mentioned 

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Dualsense directly impacts the gameplay of titles optimised for it. It increases the in game immersion. Thus it is everything but a gimmick. 

QS is a feature that A MAJORITY  dont use. Evident from xboxs own poll. Hence it falls under the gimmick category. 

QS is an OS level feature that most of the games support. It's not a question of who's using it, it's a question of who knows that they're using it; it's that seamless. Being an integral part of the system, I only notice it when it doesn't work as opposed to when it does. It was a bit unstable at launch and some games will at times crash but for the most part, it works amazingly well. Stop with your warring BS.

13 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

QS is an OS level feature that most of the games support. It's not a question of who's using it, it's a question of who knows that they're using it; it's that seamless. Being an integral part of the system, I only notice it when it doesn't work as opposed to when it does. It was a bit unstable at launch and some games will at times crash but for the most part, it works amazingly well. Stop with your warring BS.

So a quick resume (which pc gamers have been doing for eons, quick save-> quick load (loads the game where you had left it (no save slots)) becomes a next gen feature now. :rofl:

Edited by radicaldude

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

So a quick resume (which pc gamers have been doing for eons, quick save-> quick load (loads the game where you had left it (no save slots)) makes this a next gen feature. :rofl:

The fact that you don't understand simple things is actually not at all surprising. :rofl:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AnK said:

It’s important with more & more game designs experimenting with roguelike 

Demon Souls,Nioh,Returnal & Deathloop are perfect examples of how the feature would be vital 

Sadly these games are not available on Xbox & the feature not available on PS 

As I already mentioned 

Basically this is akin to f4 (quick save) f9 (quick load) in pc parlance given a so called "next gen" makeover. 

I don’t know what you are talking about PC 

but what limited experience I had with PC gaming decades ago…there was no such feature available 

& there is some major misconceptions about what the exact feature in question is 

A quick suspend/resume feature is nothing new & is/was probably available on PC,PS4,XBone 

Where you could suspend a game & then do other things like watch movie/music/browse internet. 

But you couldn’t boot another game(or two) simultaneously 

With fast loadtimes of SSD this feature is rendered useless apart from the few games that I mentioned which use their save systems to create a harder than usual game design.

The feature in question here is about booting two(or more) games simultaneously & swap between the two without loosing progress seamlessly.

Again this is a good QOL feature but useful moreso in games that I mentioned where a quick break & session elsewhere would be a boon. 

As I mentioned this feature is required more on PS5 than SX coz more of such next gen games are available there than Series consoles,hoping that it’s added soon 

25 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t know what you are talking about PC 

but what limited experience I had with PC gaming decades ago…there was no such feature available 

& there is some major misconceptions about what the exact feature in question is 

A quick suspend/resume feature is nothing new & is/was probably available on PC,PS4,XBone 

Where you could suspend a game & then do other things like watch movie/music/browse internet. 

But you couldn’t boot another game(or two) simultaneously 

With fast loadtimes of SSD this feature is rendered useless apart from the few games that I mentioned which use their save systems to create a harder than usual game design.

The feature in question here is about booting two(or more) games simultaneously & swap between the two without loosing progress seamlessly.

Again this is a good QOL feature but useful moreso in games that I mentioned where a quick break & session elsewhere would be a boon. 

As I mentioned this feature is required more on PS5 than SX coz more of such next gen games are available there than Series consoles,hoping that it’s added soon 

Exactly. This comes with the inclusion of the SSD technology and I think can be achieved purely with software (if the console has the base hardware I.e. SSD drive).  It's nothing "next gen" that some are painting it as. 

Edited by radicaldude

53 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

So a quick resume (which pc gamers have been doing for eons, quick save-> quick load (loads the game where you had left it (no save slots)) becomes a next gen feature now. :rofl:

:pwnt:

4 hours ago, radicaldude said:

I didn't. Microsoft just did. Only 5% of respondents use the switching feature. 

That survey is not what you think it is.

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

For the uninitiated, which many seem to be ?

@Vaibhavp

Ps- this feature is not so "hidden" as the video makes it to be

Pps- another "exclusive" feature stripped out of the system:bigyellowgrin:

It stays in the ram. 

If you have say 8 gb of ram and a game maxes it out, other programs will shut down.

Not to mention, you cannot restart.

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

It stays in the ram. 

If you have say 8 gb of ram and a game maxes it out, other programs will shut down.

Not to mention, you cannot restart.

We are talking about quick resume. 

Some painted it as a next gen "exclusive" feature .

I'm saying it's neither next gen nor exclusive. 

You can achieve the same on the pc. 

However 

The experience dualsense gives can't be replicated (maybe on vr).