PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Klobrille on Reset Era

I think the best news coming out of this -- and people seem to kind of miss that -- they can scale to full production now and scale the project itself properly.

At the end of the day, Crystal Dynamics just makes sense with Darrell having so much experience leading that team over there in the past. When this opportunity opened up, I'm very sure this was pretty much their best-case partner to work with on this project. It's not the first time Xbox first-party studios have partnered with owned third-party studios -- Relic, Creative Assembly or Certain Affinity come to mind in particular -- and it won't be the last time this has happened.

Budget will be big for Perfect Dark. Building a studio from the ground up in Santa Monica isn't cheap. The top talent they hired for the main team at The Initiative won't be cheap. Having a studio as prominent as Crystal Dynamics helping won't be cheap.

Shows the commitment of believing in the pre-production and concept created by The Initiative here.

• Like 1

Nice try :rofl: 

-First up Valkyrie entertainment has always been a support/small studio,sure as hell isn't bigger than SSM

-Secondly GoW~R director never changed,it was just announced late who the director is

-GoW~R has already shown trailer which confirms advanced stage of development & healthy Focus 

I'm guessing this am-mature tweet is from an IVG member here :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Klobrille on Reset Era

I think the best news coming out of this -- and people seem to kind of miss that -- they can scale to full production now and scale the project itself properly.

At the end of the day, Crystal Dynamics just makes sense with Darrell having so much experience leading that team over there in the past. When this opportunity opened up, I'm very sure this was pretty much their best-case partner to work with on this project. It's not the first time Xbox first-party studios have partnered with owned third-party studios -- Relic, Creative Assembly or Certain Affinity come to mind in particular -- and it won't be the last time this has happened.

Budget will be big for Perfect Dark. Building a studio from the ground up in Santa Monica isn't cheap. The top talent they hired for the main team at The Initiative won't be cheap. Having a studio as prominent as Crystal Dynamics helping won't be cheap.

Shows the commitment of believing in the pre-production and concept created by The Initiative here.

So much common sense too much for certain people on ivg

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Nice try :rofl: 

-First up Valkyrie entertainment has always been a support/small studio,sure as hell isn't bigger than SSM

-Secondly GoW~R director never changed,it was just announced late who the director is

-GoW~R has already shown trailer which confirms advanced stage of development & healthy Focus 

I'm guessing this am-mature tweet is from an IVG member here :lol:

Thats not point. Try to understand what Nick saying in his tweet.

Open thread and check his following tweets and then use some brains. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ank and Radical dont get much support now as they used to get on IVG. They get owned instantly here now. I like this new IVG. Lol

:rofl: 

Tu bhi khada hoja rod pe zor zor se yeh bolta hua 

Ank got owned,Ank got owned Yes!! Yippiiiiii!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Since dayone Initiative posting they will stay small but will make games with big ambitions.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-studio-initiative-talks-staying-small-staying-agile

Studio of 70 to 100 people not enough for AAA. So Darren called up his buddies from CD, to speed up development of the game. Once first game is out then Initiative will have assets and proper foundation to work on sequels on their own. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

You know Competition is better. M$ messed up in last gen, this gen they are on spree...and that is good. They are making more money with their services and their most exciting IPs will come eventually (it takes time).

Moreover, fanboys from opposite side should be happy. Where's the fun defeating easy opponent? Challenge aayega tabhi na maaja!!

As a gamer, you just sit on the sideline and get excited to play games on BOTH SIDE.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

this gen they are on spree...and that is good.

Well I don't know 

I see no spree apart from offering content for dirt cheap so that they can move respectable units 

That's like the first survival instinct of any manufacturer who is/was on the verge of going out of market 

Yes they have made some big moves by investing in more & more studios to acquire content but it was a little too late in the lead up of the system & can hardly be labeled as a spree

• Like 1

Just now, AnK said:

Well I don't know 

I see no spree apart from offering content for dirt cheap so that they can move respectable units 

That's like the first survival instinct of any manufacturer who is/was on the verge of going out of market 

Yes they have made some big moves by investing in more & more studios to acquire content but it was a little too late in the lead up of the system & can hardly be labeled as a spree

They made 15 billion PROFIT (43 billion revenue) WITHIN 3 months after buying Bethesda. 

If that's not overkill as a business. I dunno what is.
You can disagree whole day in IVG as much as you want. Doesn't make the fact wrong.

Don't worry, another acquisition is coming. It would be interesting to see more meltdown from people who's gaming platform is restricted to particular device. 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I was under the impression that M$ hasn't shared any gaming division specific numbers in years 

If they have made 15b profit out of the Xbox division i would be baffled & would gladly take my words back 

7 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

They made 15 billion PROFIT (43 billion revenue) WITHIN 3 months after buying Bethesda. 

If that's not overkill as a business. I dunno what is.
You can disagree whole day in IVG as much as you want. Doesn't make the fact wrong.

That's revenue for entire MS, not Xbox.

Source

• Like 1