PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Well Moore or Mattrick history is history 

But as said earlier no one has been given as much lives in the entire industry as Phail Spencer 

Don’t know who exactly has fascination with him up at M$ 

Guy has been a literally useless teddy mascot to please the internet crowd.

So many miscalculations & u turns 

He didn't preside over some "$500 always online VCR with bundled peripheral that nobody wants" so he is saved from the chopping block.

However if GP doesn't give the "desired results" or someone higher in the chain is displeased with the "GP Strategy"...

EShxwYJUYAAptBy.jpg

ofc he will get out with a generous severance package, it's a win-win for gamers and Phil.

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

He didn't preside over some "$500 always online VCR with bundled peripheral that nobody wants" so he is saved from the chopping block.

However if GP doesn't give the "desired results" or someone higher in the chain is displeased with the "GP Strategy"...

EShxwYJUYAAptBy.jpg

ofc he will get out with a generous severance package, it's a win-win for gamers and Phil.

It's gonna be years before the subscription service turns a profit. I work for an enterprise SaaS company and even if we do make record profits, the books wont show. Cos the management will reinvest it to grow. 

With subscription models, unless you saturate the market, growth is all that matters. Even *if* the Xbox division becomes profitable, MS will use the money to acquire new studios or do something to retain the subscription base. Whether it converges in the long run, I don't know. But this model is here to stay for quite some time.

Yep once you enter,there’s no turning back 

As Shawn Layden said the limited 150m core gaming userbase which has been pretty much stagnant since PS2 era are just not enough to make sense out of this business model 

M$’s strategy totally depends on the streaming market,where new demographic can be achieved with push of a button 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yep once you enter,there’s no turning back 

As Shawn Layden said the limited 150m core gaming userbase which has been pretty much stagnant since PS2 era are just not enough to make sense out of this business model 

M$’s strategy totally depends on the streaming market,where new demographic can be achieved with push of a button 

I agree. With Twitch and other streaming services gaining more popularity, there is insane value in delivering content via cloud immediately. Stadia was too forward looking. Won't be surprised if the entire gaming landscape changes in the next decade. I still don't think consoles would become obsolete, but the cloud strategy will probably expand the market to capture people who might be okay shelling out 60-70$ for games but not 500$ for a console.

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

It's gonna be years before the subscription service turns a profit. I work for an enterprise SaaS company and even if we do make record profits, the books wont show. Cos the management will reinvest it to grow. 

With subscription models, unless you saturate the market, growth is all that matters. Even *if* the Xbox division becomes profitable, MS will use the money to acquire new studios or do something to retain the subscription base. Whether it converges in the long run, I don't know. But this model is here to stay for quite some time.

I have heard something similar about Amazon( etail not aws ).

Basically they have never made a profit, but they make money by pretty much monopolizing the e-com market.

Or like whatever money Ambani burnt on Jio is justified because of their 400 million customer base now

49 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I agree. With Twitch and other streaming services gaining more popularity, there is insane value in delivering content via cloud immediately. Stadia was too forward looking. Won't be surprised if the entire gaming landscape changes in the next decade. I still don't think consoles would become obsolete, but the cloud strategy will probably expand the market to capture people who might be okay shelling out 60-70$ for games but not 500$ for a console.

It's the other way around, $70 a game is too much since you will play a lot of games through one console gen.

$500 is ok because these things are built like tanks and will physically last 5-6 years.

You  have like 10 dudes on this forum who brought the new Xboxes because of XGP only :rofl:

If actual game streaming takes off then that is what will make consoles obsolete, right now the tech is a bit kaccha like VR is.

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

You  have like 10 dudes on this forum who brought the new Xboxes because of XGP only :rofl:

keep up bro… it’s 8 people who got Xbox…

and yes it’s because of Gamepass …

it’s like saying people bought ps5 because of exclusives :wallbash::roflroll:

isn’t it obvious ?

^^Why do you feel like bashing your head each time someone says that?!?

it’s the truth,accept it & move on 

Heck I would have bought XSX on day 1 if I was still actively gaming online.

Edited by AnK

5 hours ago, AnK said:

^^Why do you feel like bashing your head each time someone says that?!?

it’s the truth,accept it & move on 

Heck I would have bought XSX on day 1 if I was still actively gaming online.

Lol I said yes, it’s because of gamepass

5 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

and yes it’s because of Gamepass …

it’s like saying people bought ps5 because of exclusives :wallbash::roflroll:

isn’t it obvious ?

Initial analysis is out

Halo Infinite runs better on XBoxOneX in comparison to XBoxSeriesS :rofl: 

02-F46-A0-D-BB6-E-4-A43-A4-CB-CDEE9-E046

I always knew the scum were holding crossgen titles from adding a performance mode on OneX to make SeriesS look next gen 

Maybe couldn’t do coz it’s first in-house fast paced MP 

• Like 1

Lol Don Matrick was riding on success of 360 for years but moment Xbox one generation started, he made dumb comments like buy 360 if u want to play offline and took dumb decisions to bundle kinect with a underpowered box. Guy almost killed Xbox but thanks to our desi boy Satya,he was kicked out and right man was incharge. 

Don went to Zynga and within one year Zynga was bankrupt and shut down lol

Originally Don had no faith in Xbox to succeed 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamingbolt.com/don-mattrick-didnt-have-any-faith-in-xbox-xbox-creator-reveals/amp

Peter Moore, Shane Kim, J Allard and all are the main people behind 360 success. Most people post sh*t without knowing much as expected. 

Even believe Don was riding on the success Moore had left behind 

The second half of 360 started showing shades of derailing….Kinnect 1.0 might have sold well but that was due to motion sensing becoming popular party equipment thanks to Wii 

It had no substance otherwise 

Even believe Don was riding on the success Moore had left behind 

The second half of 360 started showing shades of derailing….Kinnect 1.0 might have sold well but that was due to motion sensing becoming popular party equipment thanks to Wii 

It had no substance otherwise 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Initial analysis is out

Halo Infinite runs better on XBoxOneX in comparison to XBoxSeriesS :rofl: 

02-F46-A0-D-BB6-E-4-A43-A4-CB-CDEE9-E046

I always knew the scum were holding crossgen titles from adding a performance mode on OneX to make SeriesS look next gen 

Maybe couldn’t do coz it’s first in-house fast paced MP 

Wut? 

Going after Series S again? 

It's too good.

Get over it.

I’m not going after anything 

just reporting facts 

Your enjoyment shouldn’t be hampered as you are confident that you are getting value for money 

They Could have easily added a performance mode for Psychonauts 2 but didn’t 

Lot of such instances where OneX has just stopped getting a performance option all of a sudden to make SS look good 

13 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Wut? 

Going after Series S again? 

It's too good.

Get over it.

I sold my Xbox one X as playing games on it was horrible experience. 

Slow loading thanks to shitty HDD, sh*t frame rate in most games.  Series S runs at lower resolution yes, but uses SX graphics presets at higher frame rate and fast loading. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

I’m not going after anything 

just reporting facts 

Your enjoyment shouldn’t be hampered as you are confident that you are getting value for money 

They Could have easily added a performance mode for Psychonauts 2 but didn’t 

Lot of such instances where OneX has just stopped getting a performance option all of a sudden to make SS look good 

Lol man how you can post such dumb things . Devs purposely holding One X back? What lol

You do realise CPU is the reason why most games are 30fps on One X along with mechanical HDD?

One X just boast higher resolution coz of gpu got higher bandwidth everything else is weaker in One X

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

One X just boast higher resolution coz of gpu got higher bandwidth 

If older games like Shadow of the TR could boast a performance mode on OneX I see no reason why Psycho 2 couldn’t have 

It’s not really dumb to think that when Halo itself is producing better image quality at 60fps compared to SS 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

If older games like Shadow of the TR could boast a performance mode on OneX I see no reason why Psycho 2 couldn’t have 

It’s not really dumb to think that when Halo itself is producing better image quality at 60fps compared to SS 

Lol Shadow performance mode i tried and trust me that mode was there just to complete check list.

Game ran horribly in performance mode, fluctuating alot. 

Psychonauts 2 may look cartoony but game uses real sharp looking textures and AA and other effects which One X cpu cant handle at 60fps