PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

25 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Gamepass is making it harder to reach with new releases.

Yep. So many games and weekly getting update. ? I now regret getting Evil Genius 2 as it is coming to GP next month.

Going to try Forgotten City this week while playing AoE on side till Forza arrives on GP. 

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Didn't Psycho 2 bombed hard on Steam and PS4 while also not charting on Xbox (which is understandable)?

Sales =\ quality of the game.

20 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I'm sure many members would start hating the multiplayer part of the game, because of me :devil:

:gunsmilie:

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Not talking about quality but the fact that if it'll be remembered for years. A flopped game is rarely remembered unless it reaches cult status. 

Its already a cult classic, just by being sequal to Psychonauts. 

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Not talking about quality but the fact that if it'll be remembered for years. A flopped game is rarely remembered unless it reaches cult status. 

It only got some good hype because there was nothing else. That and Ascent :roflroll:

Even then the completion rate is pathetic, despite it being free*.

24 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

It only got some good hype because there was nothing else. That and Ascent :roflroll:

Even then the completion rate is pathetic, despite it being free*.

completion rate is low, since it it is free. 

One of the ways GP creates values for its consumer is by allowing a consumer to try games which they normally wouldn't have tried. There is no sunk cost itching you to finish a $70 game. Don't like it move on!

6 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

completion rate is low, since it it is free. 

One of the ways GP creates values for its consumer is by allowing a consumer to try games which they normally wouldn't have tried. There is no sunk cost itching you to finish a $70 game. Don't like it move on!

A mediocre game or even an above average game I'd understand. Psychonauts 2 is a GOTY contender, and will probably win a few too, and going by those who've played it to completion it seems like it deserves all the praise. 

But bots tend use it as comparison to PS Juggernauts and gloat about it being GOTY, all while giving up on it after few hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Xbox has given a very solid lineup this year…

AOE 4 is awesome… next month forza and than halo 

and early next year HFW on PS5… :wOOtjumpy:

Man i got scammed XD I bought gamepass now will haev to buy console to make use of that gamepass:roflroll:

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Yep. So many games and weekly getting update. ? I now regret getting Evil Genius 2 as it is coming to GP next month.

Would'nt this change people's mind ? I mean people would just start waiting for it to come on gamepass rather than buy it  ? Just curious. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Meanwhile Golden Joystick doesn't even have Returnal on ultimate GOTY list. :rofl:

• Psychonauts 2
  • Metroid Dread
  • It Takes Two
  • Wildermyth
  • RE: Village
  • Deathloop
  • Hitman 3
  • Forgotten City
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Returnal was a pretty good game tough. 

9 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

A mediocre game or even an above average game I'd understand. Psychonauts 2 is a GOTY contender, and will probably win a few too, and going by those who've played it to completion it seems like it deserves all the praise. 

But bots tend use it as comparison to PS Juggernauts and gloat about it being GOTY, all while giving up on it after few hours.

?..

what are you even saying man?

it’s a GOTY contender but bots should not say so?

meanwhile ponies who don’t even have the system should be free to gloat about GOTY Returnal!!! 
pls remove your pony goggles ?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Basing views of few on a larger set is just pure bias. 

Again, if you don't invest $70 in a game you are not invested in it and will have lower probability to try it out and complete it no matter what. For Ex - HZD irrespective of the awards it won was mot for me and I didn't bother borrowing it from friend's too.  I wouldn't have played it if it was not given for free digitally. I didn't end up completing the story. this will happen on games put on GP and completion is not a great way to measure. 

20 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

1060. no sh*t runs on that :roflroll:

Try it once. Didn't measure but it seemed like constant 30fps at 1080p on Intel's 11th gen integrated graphic

Edited by Bluebolt05

21 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

?..

what are you even saying man?

it’s a GOTY contender but bots should not say so?

meanwhile ponies who don’t even have the system should be free to gloat about GOTY Returnal!!! 
pls remove your pony goggles ?

Sigh... Another day, another response from you with statements pulled out of someone's a*s. 

First of all, I didn't say bots shouldn't say so.

Second, I said bots use it as comparison to AAA PS titles while not having played it even though its free. As for Returnal, it's not free and it's evident it's a pretty solid game(and also a new successful IP) just like I agree Psycho 2 is a GOTY contender. 

If I had access to either game, I'd have played that on priority.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

Basing views of few on a larger set is just pure bias. 

Again, if you don't invest $70 in a game you are not invested in it and will have lower probability to try it out and complete it no matter what. For Ex - HZD irrespective of the awards it won was mot for me and I didn't bother borrowing it from friend's too.  I wouldn't have played it if it was not given for free digitally. I didn't end up completing the story. this will happen on games put on GP and completion is not a great way to measure. 

This exactly is the primary criticism of GP. Less engagement means less money for Devs.

From creativity GP gives primacy to engagement. Hence only a certain type of games can thrive on the service. This might slowly change Gaming as we know it. 

6 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Sigh... Another day, another response from you with statements pulled out of someone's a*s. 

First of all, I didn't say bots shouldn't say so.

Second, I said bots use it as comparison to AAA PS titles while not having played it even though its free. As for Returnal, it's not free and it's evident it's a pretty solid game(and also a new successful IP) just like I agree Psycho 2 is a GOTY contender. 

If I had access to either game, I'd have played that on priority.

well the statement has been pulled from your mouth… you can call it what’s ever you want ?

it’s a GOTY contender as you say…  why will bots not say so?? Why are you getting salty over it??

we have ponies here calling Returnal GOTY, who don’t even own the system… you could say the same to them also??