PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

16 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

This exactly is the primary criticism of GP. Less engagement means less money for Devs.

From creativity GP gives primacy to engagement. Hence only a certain type of games can thrive on the service. This might slowly change Gaming as we know it. 

That is one way to see it but that is a perspective of a hardcore gamer. If devs got less money they wouldn't be cycling games on GPU. We have seen most big publishers except a few put games on GP. Now, There are a lot of casual gamers who want a cheap all inclusive plan and $15 is affordable for a lot of a casual gamers who significantly outnumber hardcore players (And no they wouldn't care about conversion trick. Not everyone is on a dedicated gaming forum). .

Edited by Bluebolt05
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

well the statement has been pulled from your mouth… you can call it what’s ever you want ?

it’s a GOTY contender as you say…  why will bots not say so?? Why are you getting salty over it??

we have ponies here calling Returnal GOTY, who don’t even own the system… you could say the same to them also??

Clearly, you can't see what I typed before. Pasting the same here again.. 

"First of all, I didn't say bots shouldn't say so.

Second, I said bots use it as comparison to AAA PS titles while not having played it even though its free. As for Returnal, it's not free and it's evident it's a pretty solid game(and also a new successful IP) just like I agree Psycho 2 is a GOTY contender. 

If I had access to either game, I'd have played that on priority."

Let me know if you still don't get it, will color code it next time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Looks like more people have bought the game and completed it, compared to some who boast about it being the GOTY yet haven't even touched it (maybe just tried it once and then moved on to some PvP.). 

The idea on GP is to hop from game to game, try something for an hour, then delete it and download something else. 12% is actually respectable, I bet most non-AAA games won't even have 5% completion rate.

9 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Boom! Much awaited GotG comparison arrives! *grabs popcorn*

Both PS5 and Series X cannot lock to 60fps, with drops into the low 50s and even the high 40s during combat and other alpha-heavy moments. Series X seems to have fewer drops than PS5, but it's surprising to see these issues at all when resolution has been cut back so dramatically.

*Eating popcorn*

13 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Clearly, you can't see what I typed before. Pasting the same here again.. 

"First of all, I didn't say bots shouldn't say so.

Second, I said bots use it as comparison to AAA PS titles while not having played it even though its free. As for Returnal, it's not free and it's evident it's a pretty solid game(and also a new successful IP) just like I agree Psycho 2 is a GOTY contender. 

If I had access to either game, I'd have played that on priority."

Let me know if you still don't get it, will color code it next time.

Actually it’s not free, it’s on gamepass.. which costs money.. pls don’t say all gamepass users use conversion trick, that’s getting old??

I am asking why should bots not use it in comparison???  Did you get my question or should I color code it as it seems to be your thing…

Meanwhile I think only bots completed the game… not the casuals other wise the number would be higher??

Edited by hsk_colossus

7 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Both PS5 and Series X cannot lock to 60fps, with drops into the low 50s and even the high 40s during combat and other alpha-heavy moments. Series X seems to have fewer drops than PS5, but it's surprising to see these issues at all when resolution has been cut back so dramatically.

*Eating popcorn*

I noted that there's no way one should play this at performance mode as it's lower settings and only 1080p resolution and drops till 40s in fps

while quality mode is practically native 4k, higher settings, locked 30fps and very rare drops (whenever they happen), only till 29fps

I also learnt that people like me are called 'image purists' and this game is a joy for image purists like me on the native 4k 30fps quality mode 

Edited by 0verlord

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Actually it’s not free, it’s on gamepass.. which costs money.. pls don’t now say all gamepass users use conversion trick that’s getting old??

I am asking why should bots not use it in comparison???  Did you get my question or should I color code it as it seems to be your thing…

Meanwhile I think only bots completed the game… not the casuals other wise the number would be higher??

I used free* earlier and missed the * when responding to you, my bad. 

Justin Timberlake What GIF

Once again... Where did I say bots should not use it for comparison? 

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I noted that there's no way one should play this at performance mode as it's lower settings and only 1080p resolution and drops till 40s in fps

while quality mode is practically native 4k, higher settings, locked 30fps and very rare drops (whenever they happen), only till 29fps

I also learnt that people like me are called 'image purists' and this game is a joy for image purists like me on the native 4k 30fps quality mode 

Well, that's not what folks here argue about right? As long as there are frame drops in XSX, Mark Cerny's brilliance will continue to shine through :D The mode never matters.

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Normally, I'd go with higher fps but agree with you here. Fidelity difference is quite high and despite drop to 1080p, fps drops to 40s. Might as well stick to stable 30 imo. 

P.S. First time in hearing the word 'image purists' :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Lol the series S ver looks terrible. They've actually scaled down the visuals so much even at 1080p 30 on that POS. 

XSS runs at PS4 Pro profile, same last gen settings and same FPS but even lower res than Pro.

9 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

1080p 60fps.. wtf …

so much for tower of power and custom I/O

Consoles are aging already or its poorly optimized.. These studios should take a note from MS Sony First party studios on console optimization 

game of thrones shame GIF

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

XSS runs at PS4 Pro profile, same last gen settings and same FPS but even lower res than Pro.

Looks like it runs on ultra low or something. If someone screen capped it without marking and said it was the switch version I would've believed them.