PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's called nurturing. Like adopting a rescue dog and nursing it back to health. Except the rescue dog makes USD 2.7 billion in net profit pa. 

Only difference is that rescue dog is a victim of abuse and here they adopted a predator :rofl: who abused

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

(some) People are talking about MS forcing ps to bend their knees. :rofl:

With only 2 aaa first party games this year (under the clout of delays), they believe MS has won the generation just by random acquisitions? :roflroll:

A wise man once said ?

that's cool and all, the games are amazing.... but, do you have a PS5 and did you play those games? :) 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

that's cool and all, the games are amazing.... but, do you have a PS5 and did you play those games? :) 

Lol....

And calling Activision Blizzard & Bethesda 'random' acquisitions...

I mean I knew there will be some beautiful nuggets in this thread on how these acquisitions will be bad. So far we've had:

• Xbox has no games
  • Xbox has monopoly
  • Xbox is killing AAA games
  • MS has killed gaming consoles

Talk about grasping at straws....

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

It took just two months to go from Phil Spencer being "disturbed and deeply troubled" by a report about Bobby Kotick's Activision Blizzard to Microsoft's CEO praising Kotick's leadership and "commitment to real change." 

Hence the acquisition does seem "random". 

ITs not random , that's how corporate world works. What do you want ? Phil to come out and say "Bobby was an a**hole so we bought the company " ? 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

It took just two months to go from Phil Spencer being "disturbed and deeply troubled" by a report about Bobby Kotick's Activision Blizzard to Microsoft's CEO praising Kotick's leadership and "commitment to real change." 

Thanks, I had forgotten that point in my list:

• Activision workplace culture 

I don't why its difficult to differentiate between a business deal and a press release about toxic workplace culture? Also, the payout that KotDick will get will have been in his contract as an exit clause, just in case you plan to bring up the payout he'll get as part of of his expected exit as another 'bad' thing in this deal

All the traditional PS fanbase will have a meltdown. 
It’s just human nature. 

PS brand has been the best since it’s inception. 
Too many good memories related to it. 

But yeah I don’t think it’s appropriate to say that things will remain the same forever. 

Earlier it was Bathesda games & Now Acti-Bliz,that’s like 30% of the third party games disappearing from PS within this gen & we don’t even know if M$ is done with acquiring yet,who knows what’s next. 

Obviously things won’t remain the same by 2025 for PS. 

Edited by AnK

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

probably.. uncle Phil must have woke up one random Tuesday and decided that Activision is mine :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

All the traditional PS fanbase will have a meltdown. 
It’s just human nature. 

PS brand has been the best since it’s inception. 
Too many good memories related to it. 

But yeah I don’t think it’s appropriate to say that things will remain the same forever. 

Earlier it was Bathesda games & Now Acti-Bliz,that’s like 30% of the third party games disappearing from PS within this gen & we don’t even know if M$ is done with acquiring yet,who knows what’s next. 

Obviously things won’t remain the same by 2025 for PS. 

Sony really need to now focus on good multiplayer games. Xbox is now litreally miles ahead now in this regards.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm almost certain it was a distress sale. 

Their stock was being beaten badly by the controversy. 

The shareholder get to keep the true value of their holding, MS gets a huge publishing house, Activision Blizzard gets a fresh start. 

Win win for everyone (well except for the harassed employees, I guess).

Random and distress are different right XD

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

probably.. uncle Phil must have woke up one random Tuesday and decided that Activision is mine :rofl:

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Sony really need to now focus on good multiplayer games. Xbox is now litreally miles ahead now in this regards.

I won’t say now since it’s yet to actually take effect. 

But yeah if COD is going exclusive in future then it’s sort of an irreplaceable franchise…no matter what Sony does. 

They very reason Sony stopped investing in MP shooters was COD & the attach rate PS & COD shared. 

It will also be tricky for M$ as to how to go about separating them. 
Specially when most have already purchased a PS5. 

Edited by AnK

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

especially when 2 listed companies are involved. 

Ah, people forget this that they are listed and its not easy to sail through. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

It will also be tricky for M$ as to how to go about separating them. 

Day 1 gamepass and 60$ or 30$ on ps . What would people prefer?