PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

27 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I do believe there is a future for it but only in the AR form and it has to come in compact goggles.   VR metaverse , i dont think it will go mainstream, outside of gaming domain

It's not just the tech (which i think is still very nascent), but i think that it'll run into lot of regulatory issues.  Social media is already being looked down upon by many with fake news and stuff, can't imagine this getting an approval so easily.

Edited by Ne0

19 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Buy nvidia next??

19 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Lol, not even a joke. They'll might just buy Nvidia and scrap xCloud or rename GeForce now to xCloud.

Nvidia is ~$800 BILLION

not a small amount 

18 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Can confirm, they are still working on the CDNs, specific for India. 

I have seen them running internal demos, not sure when it will be available for launch.

Asked my friends about this again.

Absolutely no expected timeline, the current demos they run are based off their office server. Mass serving CDNs and collaboration with Jio is still being worked upon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Asked my friends about this again.

Absolutely no expected timeline, the current demos they run are based off their office server. Mass serving CDNs and collaboration with Jio is still being worked upon.

The xCloud x Jio announcement was also made around the time when Jio was raising a lot of capital from US tech giants. I'm assuming that it may be coming at some point but not holding my breath.

That announcement may just have just been some Reliance PR business to position Jio as the 360 entertainment network for global investors during a hype building phase.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I don't need to, he said the exact same thing when Bethesda was acquired via another dupe account and was banned by Snake. Dude isn't very bright :lol: 

Did that dupe account name rhyme with 'Gandalf The Grey'. If yes, I remember :D

Edited by gecko89

12 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Personally, i don't see cloud gaming being big in any way for at least 3 more years. Don't know after that but i don't see cloud gaming ever being as big or relevant as some think

5 years Atleast by my calculations. 

In US it might just start to pick up in next year or two. 

But worldwide impact to replace hardware. 
No way hozey

M$ is making these investments with next generation in mind. 

They are actually keeping even releasing popular Bathesda games on PS open in the back of their mind…let alone COD. 

One doesn’t really let it’s competitor pick up the kinda trajectory PS5 has picked up & then start to make these big moves. 
They would have started making these moves at the end of PS4 gen (just like they tried to do at the end of PS2 gen) if they really wanted to capture the market in next few years.

They are aiming for the long shot before Google,Amazon,Facebook make any significant move. 

They know Sony isn’t their competitor beyond that point & they kinda want Nintendo & PS fans on their side. 

& even Sony knows that & hence the Azure MOU with M$.

Instead of heading towards Google or Amazon. 

Edited by AnK

49 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Metaverse is a time travel machine taking you to 2007 or something?? 

ROFL at the GFX.

I hope that ROFL was actually you laughing at the joke you cracked.

Unless you are expecting some hyper-ultra-realistic graphics from the Metaverse... If you are, I'd suggest reading up about it, or better yet, watching Meta's or Microsoft's announcement of the Metaverse.

The Metaverse by itself is not supposed to have some amazing graphics (at least not initially). You can have apps/services inside the Metaverse that can have the "ZOMG, such graphics".