PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

12 minutes ago, SuperT said:

So, going by your logic - a 90 Metacritic game is an overrated bargain bin game ? 

What would you call games which are below 90 Metacritic, for example - Halo Infinite?

Bro games which reached 96 plus Metacritic are not suffering from technical issues and frame rate drops like Elden ring on all platforms. RTX 390 cant run it above 60fps, like wtf?

Reviews completely ignore all technical issues and gave them a complete pass.

Nintendo and FS always gets a pass. FS never made a properly optimised game, they have a horrible track record when it comes to performance in the game. We make fun of Bethesda for using old engine, f**ckin FS no different. BB was great game but performance was just awful in 70% of the game, same goes for DS and based on what im reading on Reddit and era n all, Elden ring no different. 

I will never give FS game more than 20$. Bargain bin game. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Nintendo and FS always gets a pass.

People clearly care more about the game and don’t notice the performance issues at all. 

When the games are so good, no one cares about dropped frames. 
They don’t run an FPS counter to measure and rate the game based on money spent lol.

4 minutes ago, Vamos said:

People clearly care more about the game and don’t notice the performance issues at all. 

When the games are so good, no one cares about dropped frames. 
They don’t run an FPS counter to measure and rate the game based on money spent lol.

Ya that looks like the case. I know game is good but it just frustrating for me to see how they keep getting insanely high score with such low production quality and QA in their games 

27 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

He isn't completely wrong though. FS games do get a free pass for performance issues, a 97 rated game is nearly flawless, which means no performance issues etc.

It got 97 because of performance issues, otherwise it would be 100.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

technical issues should never be counted in game scores. rate the game for what it is. If there is something wrong with the game per se - combat, story, dialogues, editing, mechanics, etc - they cant be fixed post game. They are integral to the game and games should be rated based on those. Any small technical issues which dont hamper the experience and are fixable, should be mentioned separately or game should stay unrated till fixed. If it is a mess and unplayable, refuse to rate it. simple as that.

coming to ER, it might be as fashionable to sh*t on FS games as it is to like them no matter what. But, this game is no way unstable or unplayable. it is a fairly consistent experience and those saying "you cant do precise hitting/dodging etc" should really check what many of the players on YT have already achieved. 

37 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

technical issues should never be counted in game scores. rate the game for what it is. If there is something wrong with the game per se - combat, story, dialogues, editing, mechanics, etc - they cant be fixed post game. They are integral to the game and games should be rated based on those. Any small technical issues which dont hamper the experience and are fixable, should be mentioned separately or game should stay unrated till fixed. If it is a mess and unplayable, refuse to rate it. simple as that.

coming to ER, it might be as fashionable to sh*t on FS games as it is to like them no matter what. But, this game is no way unstable or unplayable. it is a fairly consistent experience and those saying "you cant do precise hitting/dodging etc" should really check what many of the players on YT have already achieved. 

poor performance directly affects your  Experiance.. how can you not include this in review score…that’s how you get battlefield, cyberpunk etc 

these issues  are not always fixed later on…see bloodborne.. 

11 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

poor performance directly affects your  Experiance.. how can you not include this in review score…that’s how you get battlefield, cyberpunk etc 

these issues  are not always fixed later on…see bloodborne.. 

"small technical issues which dont hamper the experience and are fixable"

CP (on consoles) and BF are the exact opposite scenarios. They had technical issues which did make the game unplayable. in that case, refuse to rate the game.  

7 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

"small technical issues which dont hamper the experience and are fixable"

CP (on consoles) and BF are the exact opposite scenarios. They had technical issues which did make the game unplayable. in that case, refuse to rate the game.  

so who decides what constitutes a small technical issues? 
Elden ring issues are quiet big which affects the experience.. no way can you rate a game 10/10 with this many technical shortcomings.. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

97 way too much for a game having performance issues across the board. DF confirms that game is poorly optimised on all platforms.

I know its a good game but it deserve 90 Metacritic not 97

Play on VRR enabled display. Problem solved.

I don't have VRR but am not noticing frame rate cause am absorbed in game.

Outside some technical issues aka frame rate and pop in, game is feature complete. I would even call it polished, perfect like you expect from big budget Japanese games. 

16 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Elden ring issues are quiet big which affects the experience.. no way can you rate a game 10/10 with this many technical shortcomings.. 

I think it's a subjective question. When BoTW launched, it had some frame drops that affected the performance but was universally praised. 

If the performance issues do not hamper the experience, then I think it's okay (leaving out the PC release here which seems to be a mess). 

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

lol. I have the game. I have played it. There are loads of videos on YT of people pulling off magnificently timed moves on it. So, I for one, can't seem to figure out why you would call ER issues quite big. And yes, I dont know either as to who decides if something is affecting their experience or not. But thats my point - if it doesnt affect you, its not a big deal. it will get fixed. keep that out of the scoring system. mention it, but dont make it part of scoring as that can always get fixed.

Edited by WhatsInTheName

Games should be reviewed on exactly the patch that retail audience will experience on Day 1,2,3. 

Plain and simple. You shouldn't have one patch for review that is working fine and then one on release date that doesn't represent review version.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

lol. I have the game. I have played it. There are loads of videos on YT of people pulling off magnificently timed moves on it. So, I for one, can't seem to figure out why you would call ER issues quite big. And yes, I dont know either as to who decides if something is affecting their experience or not. But thats my point - if it doesnt affect you, its not a big deal. it will get fixed. keep that out of the scoring system. mention it, but dont make it part of scoring as that can always get fixed.

I played the game and I refunded it…

people Buy games based on reviews, it’s the duty of reviews to include performance into review scores… it might be a excellent game but 10/10 it’s not with so many performance issues.. 

Next people will say don’t rate BF’s based on technical issues that will be fixed in a year and that should not affect review scores..

13 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I played the game and I refunded it…

people Buy games based on reviews, it’s the duty of reviews to include performance into review scores… it might be a excellent game but 10/10 it’s not with so many performance issues.. 

Next people will say don’t rate BF’s based on technical issues that will be fixed in a year and that should not affect review scores..

1. You are saying include is as part of score. I am saying mention it without making part of score. In both scenarios, as a buyer you do end up getting the picture. 

2. In cases like BF and CP, many reviewers refused to rate or review the game and that is a better approach imo.  

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Play on VRR enabled display. Problem solved.

I don't have VRR but am not noticing frame rate cause am absorbed in game.

Outside some technical issues aka frame rate and pop in, game is feature complete. I would even call it polished, perfect like you expect from big budget Japanese games. 

Buy new expensive tv for Elden ring. Good advise. How about they fix their sh*t and improve their engine

19 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Buy new expensive tv for Elden ring. Good advise. How about they fix their sh*t and improve their engine

That’s what DF has been advising all the SX owners since last one year now. 

If one wants better performance than PS5 buy an expensive VRR TV. 

But I do agree that Sony has been super unfair to ppl who already have or can afford to buy a VRR TV at this point. 

Elden Ring’s superior performance on PS5 with the added benefit of VRR for these ppl would have been the flawless experience ppl wanted. 

I hope they Atleast add it by the time I decide to buy as I’ll buy both simultaneously most likely. 

Edited by AnK

I love how the people bashing Elden Ring are the ones who haven't played the game. Elden Ring sits at the top of steam charts with 823,527 concurrent players today. I wonder how that is possible if the game's performance is so bad that its unplayable. :lol:

Yes, you might notice a few frame drops if you run a frame counter and run around with your eyes glued to the counter. But the game runs well enough to not deter from the gameplay experience at all.