PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

10 hours ago, superczar said:

Let me add a casual gamer’s POV to this. 

If you were to ask me now which console would I keep between the series X and PS5  if I could keep only one , it would be a difficult choice but I will probably choose the PS5.

I am likely a lot older than many if not most of the members here.

Have been a casual gamer for a very long time - Owned mostly consoles - from the Atari 2600 in the 80s to the NES/SNES in the 90s.
Shifted loyalties to the PS in the late 90s and have stuck to PS for all gens (incl PSP and vita)

So largely a PS loyalist - except for a couple of brief dabbles with Nintendo (Wii) and PC gaming in the mid 2000s (which I dropped as I guess I was spending more timing optimising fps with drivers and settings than actually playing games)

Someone I know strongly recommended game pass to me so I decided to try out an Xbox for the first time . Got a series S to try , liked it so got an X instead.

Let me first say that game pass is awesome. I have lost count of the number of games I have spent good money on after researching thoroughly but could not play beyond the first 30-60 mins.

Gamepass largely alleviates that issue. 

In addition, I love the quick resume . I have limited time on hand and usually play in short bursts.

PS5 standby helps with reducing wait times but is quite limited as against quick resume.

However I can’t help but feel that the Xbox is geared more towards the more dedicated gaming aficionados.

Most Xbox exclusives I have tried so far seem to be more inclined towards competitive gamers or players who enjoy grinding.
And while there is no denying that games Like Halo and Gears 5 are masterpieces in their own right.

But casual gamers/ semi-serious gamers tend to gravitate  towards the action/adventure genre and the PS5 has Xbox beat on that regard.

My top5 games of the last decade are all from this very genre viz TLOU2, HFW, TLOU , HZD and Uncharted 4 (In that order) - and I am yet to find games of the same calibre on the Xbox .

I am currently playing Mass effect 2 (LE) on the Xbox (yes, I missed it when it first came out) but TBH I didn’t really need an XB for it.

On a side rant, Xbox really seems to be missing a trick with the lack of true LAN remote play - something that is important for a lot of casual / older gamers.

And this may be minor - but the dual sense feels a lot more alive than the Xb controller (adaptive triggers and better rumble) 

If there is anything I am missing, would be happy to be set right :)

TLDR but yes PS5

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

I have played every Ratchet game, starting from PS2 era.

If they had innovated, I would have considered it.

My biggest complaint is gameplay, shoot gun in random direction and watch cool sh*t happen.

Also characters. Dr Nefarious is fun to watch 3-4 games. It's quiet grating now 

Considering you’re on an ecosystem that’s been Gears-Halo-Forza throughout its life cycle for a decade, that’s an interesting point to make 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

I have played every Ratchet game, starting from PS2 era.

If they had innovated, I would have considered it.

My biggest complaint is gameplay, shoot gun in random direction and watch cool sh*t happen.

Also characters. Dr Nefarious is fun to watch 3-4 games. It's quiet grating now 

Is this about Halo? Oh wait you said “cool sh*t”- nevermind 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Halo Infinite campaign is amazing. One of the most fun campaigns out there. 

Yeah no doubt it would be. 

But many would vouch for same with R&C RiftA. 

For someone to call it stale & nothing new but is happy with just Halo (up against 9 other games) which in itself is a 9th iteration of mostly same stuff. 

It’s quite funny. 

Specially when critically R&C RA is rated higher than Halo Infinite.  

Edited by AnK

Groot : I am Groot 

Xbox : I am HALO

Xbox 360 I am HALO

Xbox One I am HALO

Xbox One X I am HALO

Xbox Series S : I am HALO

Xbox Series X : I am HALO

Xbox 100 TF I am HALO

Xbox EX- I am HALO

Xbox XYZ- I am still HALO

Aur kuch bhi mat khelo, bas Halo Lelo 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AnK said:

So you mean to say that Halo Infinte gameplay is so good that it surpasses Demon Souls,MilesM,Returnal,Ratchet&C,Deathloop,Kena,HorizonFW,Sifu,Ghostwire all combined?!? 

Please elaborate. 

Well halo infinite is IVG GOTY.. you could argue that it has better gameplay :roflroll:

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I will not call R&C stale either. In terms of variety and polish, it's better than Infinite but Infinite's core gameplay is better especially the grapple hook and moment to moment gunplay. 

Personally, I'd rank them equally. Rift Apart was quite good but I didn't find it worth the asking price. It got quite repetitive towards the end. Doesn't justify the 5,000 price tag just like Miles Morales which is just too short for a full priced title. Great game though. 

If games would suddenly start getting reviewed according to what you have to shell out to acquire them then all the day1 games on GamesPass would be rated 10/10. 

Well atleast officially it’s not happening yet (though I doubt otherwise) & things like buying at $70/₹5000 then selling after use are also not something that reviewers consider while writing it down. 

a game is a game & should be rated on it’s own merit & credibility without considering how much the publisher can sacrifice to make it reach you. 

2 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I think you've called Phil daddy more times that anyone else in this world. Speaks more about you than me :giggle:

Public mein hagna bhi hai aur public complain bhi nahin kar satki. Batao. 

50 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yeah no doubt it would be. 

But many would vouch for same with R&C RiftA. 

For someone to call it stale & nothing new but is happy with just Halo (up against 9 other games) which in itself is a 9th iteration of mostly same stuff. 

It’s quite funny. 

Specially when critically R&C RA is rated higher than Halo Infinite.  

A company (Sony) says it wants "players to experience emotional stories, get immersed and go on a journey with characters" exact words from Herman Hulst.

Vs 

A company (MS) says it wants players to play their game for 10 yrs. 

I don't see how is that controversial at all. It's obvious first company puts adequate gameplay.

While other puts all effort in gameplay. Even graphics and biome variety is not that great in Infinite. It's just about gameplay and music in campaign.

28 minutes ago, hope said:

Groot : I am Groot 

Xbox : I am HALO

Xbox 360 I am HALO

Xbox One I am HALO

Xbox One X I am HALO

Xbox Series S : I am HALO

Xbox Series X : I am HALO

Xbox 100 TF I am HALO

Xbox EX- I am HALO

Xbox XYZ- I am still HALO

Aur kuch bhi mat khelo, bas Halo Lelo 

Good one ?

20 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

That's fine but the money I spend on things has a bearing on it. The price needs to be in sync with the quality of the product. 

Bang for buck is a thing.. too bad the analyst forget about it because they don’t play games ??

12 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

A company (Sony) says it wants "players to experience emotional stories, get immersed and go on a journey with characters" exact words from Herman Hulst.

Vs 

I don't see how is that controversial at all. It's obvious first company puts adequate gameplay.

While other puts all effort in gameplay. Even graphics and biome variety is not that great in Infinite. It's just about gameplay and music in campaign.

15 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Vs 

arrey-kehna-kya-chahte-ho-what-is-machin

Challo bhai maan bhi liya Halo Infinte is the greatest thing to ever happen to gaming. 

But is it enough to take on 9 other top to medium rated games just by itself?!?