PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Just now, radicaldude said:

The campaign totally sucks. 

The mp was fun while it lasted. 

I bash the lack of content and direction. 

Can Share your gamer tag and PSN id ? You have psn id, right? 

16 hours ago, Vamos said:

I would have to disagree. 

As a big gaming brand, they are on the right path and know what they're doing. 

They did some bad stuff in 2014-15 but ever since that, they've been taking the right steps every time. 

People are buying their hardware and their services only coz they see a good value and a future in it. There is hardly any FOMO in console buyers... people do their research well.

I would humbly agree & disagree both with what you said.

For the first time in more than the last decade or so they are visibly on a progressive path yes.

But if it’s the right one or not can’t be judged by just having a look at the cover & not the entire book. 

Ppl are buying their hardware more than XBoxOne but there are many many factors involved in it:-

-Like the biggest one is freebies which is never really good for any business in the long run unless you are ready with something big & attractive when the honeymoon period is over. 

There’s a good chance they will be but looking at their track record the bad chance can’t be denied.

-One more big factor is the chip shortage & the lack of availability of true next gen units which can make the buyer buy the more cheaper but only interim substitute of “half baked” new gen system.

It is selling now for being the most readily available unit but long legs it does not have….like say in 2-3 years from now there’s a good chance these ppl won’t bother with those specs….In comparison PS4 is still getting good 20-30% over all sales in its 9th year. 

-Their endless will to keep investing in Publishers,IPs & Studios who were otherwise making money on all platforms.

I know many geniuses keep repeating that acquisitions are not really an expenditure but an asset building mechanism but that only holds true for as long as you keep the revenue streams that were happening prior to the acquiring keep coming in without a hitch.

Not I mind you,strictly not when you are cutting off the old reach of these publishers & putting most of their work up on your service as part of freebies.

These sort of investment plans will only show fruits in the far future when you reach (a quite frankly unreasonable) number of demographic which the console business itself has never really reached historically.

Yes that’s where the cloud business comes into play & agree or not that’s pretty much the reason why Satya is betting on all of this as he see’s the potential of the transition into cloud which would have a far bigger & instant out reach to an endless potential demographic. 
And he also see’s M$ at the forefront of this transition with how beautifully well it’s been placed luckily just at the right time.

So with all my humbleness being a big PS fan I simply can’t deny that yes there is potential & if things work out it would be a new Dawn in gaming space & it can never really be bad for gamers as evolution is always good & M$ is kinda right to bet on all of this,baring few stupid things like SeriesS & the sudden & premature training to gamers for not having to pay appropriately for their content.

But I would be foolish to not consider the possibility of them never reaching the intended development cycle nor the imaginative demographic & having being stuck in this endless loop of trick or treat for the traditional demographic who would be neither generating enough royalties nor would be paying apt amount of subscription money to make any sense out of the new business structure. 

Yes it can fail to pick up intended steam. 

(Inb4 it’s a multi trillion company & they know everything.

Then why the f**k XBone & Kinnect even happened at the first place sweetie?!?!) 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Last 10 months even sony has released 2 first party games 

horizon and gt7 

:naughty:

Don't ask him anything PS related. He dont even have PSN ID let alone playing PS games or knowing about them.

Radical part of new breed of fanboys who defend console and its games without owning that particular console or playing any of its exclusive games. Never seen such fanboys.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Don't ask him anything PS related. He dont even have PSN ID let alone playing PS games or knowing about them.

Radical part of new breed of fanboys who defend console and its games without owning that particular console or playing any of its exclusive games. Never seen such fanboys.

Wait he doesn't? o_O

iirc he had a PS4?

46 minutes ago, Snake said:

damn. Poor employees. These BoDs should then release the metrics they  think will reflect the impact of the proposed steps. Cant just stop at saying the proposed report wont.

Also, why is this posted in the VS thread? Only a sick person would want to use their plight as a way to one up others in console wars. 

Edited by Snake
Removed quoted post

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

damn. Poor employees. These BoDs should then release the metrics they  think will reflect the impact of the proposed steps. Cant just stop at saying the proposed report wont.

Also, why is this posted in the VS thread? Only a sick person would want to use their plight as a way to one up others in console wars. 

Snake is sick ,he has fever :rofl:

11 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

You mean to say the sickness of a console company who is otherwise also a multi-trillion $ software juggernaut seeing opportunity in plight shouldn’t be discussed?!? 

Why?!? 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

*As opposed to a more appropriate thread

Just for clarity and benefit of people who cant get their head of out console wars 

28 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Its my mistake,  I thought it was the acquisition thread as I had multiple tabs open

I’ve moved the post

• Like 3