PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

4 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Big difference is one is very very old games (Xbox 1P) and 1 is fairly new and recent (Returnal/ GOT/ Spider-Man / DS and many others)

lolz .. talk about memory loss …

forza horizon, psyconaughts, halo infinite, flight simulator and many others ??

now waiting for how you will spin this 

Edited by hsk_colossus

On 4/26/2022 at 7:57 PM, radicaldude said:

I'm against langar aka subscription/rentals. 

Radical then 

16 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Just as fine fine restaurants sometimes offer buffet lunches/dinners, this is similar. A collection of first party blockbusters including GOTYs. 

Best service out of all services. I guess this is the killing blow to GP. 

Radical now .

PONY ?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

lolz .. talk about memory loss …

forza horizon, psyconaughts, halo infinite, flight simulator and many others ??

now waiting for how you will spin this 

Let’s count the AAAs starting 2020. I don’t follow indie games so I’m not sure where psycho naughts stands. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

Radical then 

Radical now .

PONY ?

You forgot to add the context.

People would still buy PS games day one, in millions, which would then be utilized to make better games. PS gamers wont wait for a title to feature on the service, thus stopping themselves from making purchases...

However this wont happen in GPs case. Psychonauts 2 was not even in the top 20 sales list after launch. People have stopped buying titles just because they feature on the langar

9 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Sonys sub services have been in existence since a while now, offering blockbuster games like UC4 and all.

I am neutral to it as they have not diluted the quality of games they make.

However its the entire opposite to Spenders strategy. He has made the rental as the primary offering and has severely diluted the quality of franchises like Infinite.

Sonys services and GP are fundamentally different. For PS, new PS+ is a bonus, however for xbox, the entire platform is woven around the langar.

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

Let’s count the AAAs starting 2020. I don’t follow indie games so I’m not sure where psycho naughts stands. 

Translation - let’s only count Sony games because that’s the point I am trying to make…

:rofl:

try again bro

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Translation - let’s only count Sony games because that’s the point I am trying to make…

:rofl:

try again bro

AAAs as a concept isn’t exclusive to Sony yknow? The other player is also free to release them at frequent intervals ?

Edited by RV1709

5 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Psychonauts 2 is AAA production values with indie sensibilities.

It's a masterpiece category title.

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

AAAs as a concept isn’t exclusive to Sony yknow? The other player is also free to release them at frequent intervals ?

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/93725-microsoft-tops-metacritic-game-publisher-rankings-2021.html

Microsoft tops the Metacritic game publisher rankings for 2021

Xbox Game Studios' 2021 titles received the highest-ever average Metacritic score

why are you always wrong? :roflroll:

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/93725-microsoft-tops-metacritic-game-publisher-rankings-2021.html

Microsoft tops the Metacritic game publisher rankings for 2021

Xbox Game Studios' 2021 titles received the highest-ever average Metacritic score

why are you always wrong? :roflroll:

When did we pivot from AAA to MC? You’re reacting to my last post with a completely different argument

on the subject of MC, it’s fair to point out MS average is based on 5 games whereas Sonys is double that. 5 first party titles annually isn’t the brag you think it is (still better than 1 this year ?)

13 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

When you cannot build, buy xP

https://segmentnext.com/microsoft-double-fine-focus-psychonauts-2-development/#:~:text=Double Fine being acquired by,to work on the game.

"Double Fine being acquired by Microsoft helped everyone to be able to free up head space and stop worrying about everything else in order to focus on Psychonauts 2 development. They could even put back the bosses that they’d originally cut from the game. They even got to hire more contractors to work on the game."

8 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

When did we pivot from AAA to MC? You’re reacting to my last post with a completely different argument

on the subject of MC, it’s fair to point out MS average is based on 5 games whereas Sonys is double that. 5 first party titles annually isn’t the brag you think it is (still better than 1 this year ?)

when you pivoted from logic ? 

this is not bragging bro… just posting facts to dispel myths created by ponies ?

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

https://segmentnext.com/microsoft-double-fine-focus-psychonauts-2-development/#:~:text=Double Fine being acquired by,to work on the game.

"Double Fine being acquired by Microsoft helped everyone to be able to free up head space and stop worrying about everything else in order to focus on Psychonauts 2 development. They could even put back the bosses that they’d originally cut from the game. They even got to hire more contractors to work on the game."

Next theyll say Spender help fund starfield :rofl:

55 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Actually @AnK has been in favour of Subscriptions.

I have always been in favour of value & quality.

Always said good things about the third party 6-18 months old AAA games that were being offered on GamesPass along with good indies like Death’s Door,Hades,Tunic. 

I have made it very clear what I don’t like & it’s the overhype of their exclusives from either no name mediocre developers or same Halo,Gears,Forza crap. 

I enjoyed Halo & Gears back in the day but there’s only so much one can enjoy.

Then ppl come in & say that we haven’t & it’s new to us…then play the old trilogy first you moron!! :rofl: 

But the biggest thing about them I have despised since that Milo/Natlol press conference is their ability to put together fake promises one after the other when they know themselves that nothing has gone beyond pre-production. 

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Bold part from the starting statement, Para 1 and Para 2 completely contradict each other :rofl:

William Shatner Weed GIF

In the first para you are saying you have played first party games like halo, gears etc on GP

Then you are saying you dont like Old games

In the last para you are saying you have all consoles and play games day one.

How can all be true at the same time , as xbox got no new AAA FP title till mid 2023. It has nothing but old games. People use it just to finish backlogs.

How come your English reading skills are so weak that you are getting confused like this?

21 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Oh well they had to get something ready for November. :rofl:

Acha hai, old gears better than new gears 
besides Gears 2 and 3 never came on PC, and GoW remaster on PC is f**ked ever since a certain windows update landed and never fixed since.