PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The number of people selling their xboxs vis a vis ps5s on tp here itself says a different story 

PS5 is hot commodity to buy.

Shoebox Series X on the other hand nobody cares about when stock drops.

And series L sales are so bad that it can be found in stock and Amazon and other places easily :rofl:

Altough I think series X sales will be quite less on TP because it has 12 TFLOPs of powa and all, it's the legit other current gen console.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Has anyone done the math on a first party subscription launch vs standalone sales ? My understanding is the former is only successful if

- has extreme monetisation/ mtx

- is staggered / drip content 

- sequels likely to have larger gaps between them vs traditional ala carte selling 

GP aim is to get people to lock-in with multi year subs currently, selling xboxes is secondary benefit

These schemes of excess monetization will come later, once Satya demands that Spender show returns on his purchases via company money

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Shoebox Series X on the other hand nobody cares about when stock drops.

Yeah, that's why it got sold out today instantly. :rofl:

They never announce the pre-book date in advance, hence it used to be in stock for a while. But today it's gone.

16 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

GP aim is to get people to lock-in with multi year subs currently, selling xboxes is secondary benefit

These schemes of excess monetization will come later, once Satya demands that Spender show returns on his purchases via company money

Like increasing the cost of new games to 70$ ? or asking 1000 rupees for Japanese lip sync ? 

oh sh*t that already happened.. ?

1 hour ago, fatpigeon said:

im thinking of buying a series s, thoughts?

Considering your PS5 and Switch are your main consoles - XSS is actually a pretty good console to enjoy xbox exclusives ( whenever they release :P ) and good third party releases .

Won't suggest buying it at MRP though . You can find pre owned one for around 28k with 7/8 months warranty left . Or for around 22-24k without warranty. 

Sony's subscription service also has good third party titles now . Now dear ponies don't get  offended - Yes it has good first party titles but i m pretty sure he has already played most of them ( and donated quite a few to the IVG library as well :) ) .

So yeah would suggest check out games on Gamepass and PS plus extra . And then decide whether you need an XSS or not depending on games you want to play .

Also I own an XSS and it runs most games very well . Played Hitman 3 on it recently and it works very well .

If you're playing on a 4k TV it does pretty good upscaling as well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fatpigeon said:

im thinking of buying a series s, thoughts?

If you play on 4k screen get the X.

On 1080p S is fine. 

10 minutes ago, fatpigeon said:

Today I took a half day. Socha aaj kuch toofani karte hai

:bandit:

Enjoying GamesPass doesn’t change the fact that you are pony or not. 

Supporting all the majority of the good things that Sony does & Criticising all the majority bad stuff M$ does makes everyone a Pony. 

Minority good or bad acceptance doesn’t change anything. 

Like Sony charging $10 for GoT DC upgrade over the top of DLC charge or Not allowing Spider-Man owners to upgrade to Remaster without buying Miles was obviously a bad thing. 

& should be criticised. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AnK said:

Halo Infinte as a game sucked

Yet somehow I managed to play ~170 hours of Halo MP, having never played any MP game before (because of thinking they were repetitive) and playing only majority SP-focused games like the PS exclusives for the last several years

Just now, 0verlord said:

Yet somehow I managed to play ~170 hours of Halo MP, having never played any MP game before (because of thinking they were repetitive) and playing only majority SP-focused games like the PS exclusives for the last several years

Don’t quote half of my post & reply to that as if it’s my opinion.

I haven’t played it & am in no position to comment on it’s quality.

I just quoted what he ( @fatpigeon) said.