PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

13 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Lol, We whole heartedly thank Lord Phil for declining the offer...

INSOMNIAC = GOAT, can't imagine anyone would have done justice to the Spiderman Franchise like they did, Nailed to Perfection video game of all time !!

2013 - 2017 were most dark and depressing days for Xbox. Terry Myerson was incharge of all Entertainment and devices and he cut most of fundings to Xbox. Spencer was head of Xbox but still needed approval from Terry for funding and deals and that mother f**ker Terry wanted to sell Xbox and gave  no funding. Jez corden highlighted this in one Windows central article as well.  Xbox was not in situation to make game like Spiderman. Spencer rightfully said no to it coz he knew Xbox dont have teams to handle Spiderman.

Going with Sony was smart move, Insomniac is best choice for Spiderman game.

Plus MS only had like 5 studios back then and none of them were experienced enough to take on mega project like Spiderman.  Im pretty sure Spencer  and team took decision  after doing lot of discussion and checking  every option available. 

But now, there are rumours of Xbox funding a Star Wars game and we all know Indiana jones game already in development by Machine games. Im sure MS will try to keep it exclusive. Atleast now we know there are games in pipeline and gonna release when they are ready but back then we had no clue what MS gonna do with Xbox.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

2013 - 2017 were most dark and depressing days for Xbox. Terry Myerson was incharge of all Entertainment and devices and he cut most of fundings to Xbox. Spencer was head of Xbox but still needed approval from Terry for funding and deals and that mother f**ker Terry wanted to sell Xbox and gave  no funding. Jez corden highlighted this in one Windows central article as well.

Yeah those years were quiet grim. 

I was wondering what happened, they even f**ked up Halo 5 (as per internet chatter at least which I found to be wrong upon playing it).

25 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Yeah those years were quiet grim. 

I was wondering what happened, they even f**ked up Halo 5 (as per internet chatter at least which I found to be wrong upon playing it).

If you mean in the matter of trying to replace MC with "Locke" and the retarded AI Dictator Cortana storyline then yes, they did f**k it up, play halo infinite campaign, it's a massive rollback of all H5 story changes.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, radicaldude said:

When India got independence, it passed its UNSC seat (which was offered) to china. All of us now know how that went. 

This decision by Spender will haunt him for the rest of his life. 

This comparison is the closest I have seen till date which rightfully captures the gravity of Spencer's mistake.

• Haha 4

Any guy who thinks any media house like Marvel,Disney,Universal,WB,Lucas Arts etc would be so foolish to strike a deal with Xbox Studios back in 2014 when M$ literally was struggling to maintain interest for its own IP’s & had literally falling apart studios in the name of First Party,really need a big time reality check. 

Obviously there are talks in industry on a number of forums but that doesn’t mean it would have been fruitful if M$ had shown interest. 
They obviously didn’t for a reason as the cost of licensing something as big as Spider-Man & then hiring a second party studio like insomniac & giving them a budget to produce it would have cost a bomb & M$ simply wasn’t allotting nothing to Xbox back then. 

Only logical reason why Sony pulled it off at the negotiating table was that they were at an equals with Marvel that time due to MCU desperately needing Spidey. 
Also that they had a plathora of guns blazing first party studios ready to go at it. 

Things like these are not built instantaneously. 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

This comparison is the closest I have seen till date which rightfully captures the gravity of Spencer's mistake.

Bro. Xbox was fighting for its existence back then. Funding was reduced and they only had like 5 studios which were already engaged in projects. Xbox made right decision to cancel it.

Now if MS decline any  Marvel deal now then i will agree with you coz Xbox got multiple teams and Spencer is in full power now. He president of all entertainment and devices in MS which includes Xbox.

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Now if MS decline any  Marvel deal now then i will agree with you coz Xbox got multiple teams and Spencer is in full power now.

Anyone who thinks that there was any instance that a multi trillion company like M$ was “not in power” at any point since they entered the console wars is again fooling themselves & others.

They just didn’t bother.

Early years of 360 era completely went to them on a platter for Sony’s own mistakes & Nintendo moving away from traditional core gaming. 

All the developers like Infinity Ward,Tom Clancy,BioWare,Irrational,Capcom,Epic,Monolith,Human Head Studios,Valve,Bathesda Studio & what not just flocked & lined up to port their games on Xbox 360 along with PC coz it was super easy & it was the only next gen console available for a year. 
Peter Moore was really a genius & a big liar as he marketed all these games as exclusives. 

This was a golden opportunity & momentum for M$ to buy some of these studios or build their own by draining brains from these. 
But instead it went straight after securing more timed exclusives & marketing deals & the Kinect or TVTVTvTv. 

They just didn’t bother until it was too late & when cloud was in forefront of their business instead of consoles. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

But it was you guys who said Marvel approached Xbox. Why are you arguing with yourself. 

What is “you guys” 

I had already made it clear….we don’t work like no legion here. 
If I don’t like what radical,hope,KC,CC or anybody has to say…I just counter it. 

That’s what “you guys” do….not me. 

19 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

It's clear GP is losing steam. If they don't do something radical this year, it would be 2013-2017 all over again. 

It’s actually just two Kotaku employees who lost the steam and decided to write another garbage clickbait article :P