PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

I don’t get the hype for the new Playstation Plus tiers. 

It’s basically just PS Now merging into PS Plus. 

For people who’ve already tried PS Now before, the catalog feels outdated pretty quickly. 
The classics catalog is another joke coz most of the actual classics are not supported/released for PS4/5. :lol:

Unless you have a digital PS5, it’s still a better idea to buy physical discs, sell them after you’re done. 

Demon’s Souls, Returnal, death stranding, Spider-Man… you can get all these games for under 2000 each. 

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Man i  avoid replying you but "IT IS AN ABSOULTE SCUMMY AND DICK MOVE". 

I did not buy ps+ now i bought it an year back.

Asking you to forfeit your discount if you want to upgrade to PS+Extra is not a scummy dick move.

I repeat,just asking to forfeit discount for something upgradable,new & uncalculated previously is not wrong.

But asking for entire upgrade duration upfront & not giving an option to upgrade for a defined period certainly is!! 
These are two very separate things & they might have to take a u turn on the later. 

Which is fair enough. 

39 minutes ago, b!T said:

No matter how greedy or scummy a move is, there will always be someone who can justify it :lol: 

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

Asking you to forfeit your discount if you want to upgrade to PS+Extra is not a scummy dick move.

I repeat,just asking to forfeit discount for something upgradable,new & uncalculated previously is not wrong.

Full circle of life.

• Haha 2

This is an absolute scummy move and should not be defended no matter what. It's probably just some error as they just launched in one country or maybe they're testing the waters for the global rollout. Whatever it is needs to be called out by everyone.

People defending this I just have one question. If tomorrow sony or any other company says you bought this game at 50% discount so you're allowed to play this game only 4 days a week as you didn't pay full price. Would you defend that too? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I don’t get the hype for the new Playstation Plus tiers. 

It’s basically just PS Now merging into PS Plus. 

For people who’ve already tried PS Now before, the catalog feels outdated pretty quickly. 
The classics catalog is another joke coz most of the actual classics are not supported/released for PS4/5. :lol:

Unless you have a digital PS5, it’s still a better idea to buy physical discs, sell them after you’re done. 

Demon’s Souls, Returnal, death stranding, Spider-Man… you can get all these games for under 2000 each. 

I think majority haven't tried PS Now so it's new for them . Of course it's still a financially better idea to buy n sell discs later . It's the convenience factor which makes sub attractive .

For someone who is new to PS5 or is coming back to it after a few years (like me ) this sub does look great . Also many gamers are okay with not playing a newly released game on day1 . And can wait for it come on sub . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They should've just done a straightforward conversion by giving a reduced period. For eg - X days ps plus would translate to x-y days extra and x-y-z days premium. 

I absolutely agree,this is the only sensible option left for them to get out of the mess they have created.

Many & I mean many have stacked up psplus on discounts & won't be comfortable paying all the surplus undiscounted amount upfront for a new & uncertain service.

I myself have 2 years left & wouldn't be comfortable paying 8k upfront for something I don't know will be fruitful or not.

It's kinda like same "catfish" "fool's gold" concept applied here.

Edited by AnK

35 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

People defending this I just have one question. If tomorrow sony or any other company says you bought this game at 50% discount so you're allowed to play this game only 4 days a week as you didn't pay full price. Would you defend that too? 

Completely wrong analogy 

If they sold full game at a discount for yours to keep,they can't ask you to stop using it.

If you mean that tmrw if they offer me a game at discount & with the release of new dlc they want me to forfeit my earlier savings & pay that along with the dlc mrp.

Then news flash!!!! It is always calculated & put together appropriately before hand.

So that's why these things don't happen usually.

But discounted base subscription & a new tier upgrade are very different than usual offerings & I'm sure this couldn't have been planned before hand.

Piss poor planning it is for sure.

What Comingle suggested should have been the logical follow up all along if they didn't want ppl to avail old discounts on a new service.

Though it is really sad indeed as I repeated before that they are doing what they are.

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

His analogy is absolutely correct. 

Imagine you bought Witcher 3 at 50% discount for 2,000. Then you go out to buy expansion pass for full price (2,000) but then they ask you to pay 4,000 to adjust for the 2k discount you got on the base game. 

That wasn't his analogy 

It was mine & I gave it for a more like for like situation & I explained why it doesn't happen as those dlc's are priced with pre planning accordingly.

This is just not the same situation or offering.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

My stand is clear 

Asking to forfeit discount isn't unethical.

Locking ppl up for their entirety of stack up is.

Asking people to pay back the discount is scummy and ridiculous. You guys need to think sensibly about what they are asking before defending corporations. 

• Like 1

Yes I have thoroughly thought it through.

& I can't blame them for asking to forfeit discounts in particular.

They are offering a new service & the old discounts availed on another service need not be applicable here.

The moto is to have ppl's earlier paid money be adjusted on this new & more premium offering.

The only thing scummy about it is to force them to pay for years even if they want to subscribe for few months.

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

That wasn't his analogy 

It was mine & I gave it for a more like for like situation & I explained why it doesn't happen as those dlc's are priced with pre planning accordingly.

This is just not the same situation or offering.

absolutely a scummy and dick move bro.. 

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Asking people to pay back the discount is scummy and ridiculous. You guys need to think sensibly about what they are asking before defending corporations. 

No point arguing. Once he has made up his mind to defend a corporate for some ridiculous sh*t he ain't changing.