PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

20 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Just thought i would chime in on this thread cause i'm bored.

I pity the thousands of people who bought that console(It's the no.1 selling console on india cause of it's cheap price i guess) but if anyone is planning to buy this console atleast put a little more money to get the PS5 Digital or even the XSX!(i say this as a ps fanboy).I really wonder what sort of drugs microsoft took to release such a pathetic console with only 4TF of compute power(yes,ik it isn't the sole indicator of it's perfomance but my god kneecapping it's RAM was such a dck move by MS)...at the bare minimum if it had matched the X1X,it would have a chance to be a 1080P 60FPS console at the least and might increase the longevity.They are gonna lose money regardless so wouldn't matter to beef up the specs a little more honestly as this console is nothing but a gamepass machine afterall.

It's already a sort of 900P/720P-ish type of console with just backward compatible games,throw raytracing(with even the lowest RT reflections) into the mix and it's nearly dead.All of those who believe once cross gen games are ditched,the console will begin to show it's true power are inhaling the highest amounts of copium...even incredibly talented devs from IDSoftware express their concerns on it's memory and many devs have talked about this issue too.

Im calling this:All true next-gen games on this console will be 30FPS at best,imagine buying a "next-gen" console for this sh*t+ i'm betting that starfield will have only one mode targetting 30FPS on this console.yes,I do kinda expect devs to scale it acordingly but what's the point in taking XSS owners to fking PS3 era with dynamic resolution as low as 520P to JUST GET 60FPS lmao.

The no. of games which have ray tracing on this console too i can count with one hand(i think there are like 4 or 5 games),at this point MS could remove that line from that freaking box and it wouldn't matter.If devs aren't making the effort to give RT modes because they know how weak it's hardware is then XSS owners have no right to complain(the devs are already struggling to reach 60FPS my god,why tf would XSS owners expect RT modes?) and i hate these people with passion who say "Oh,ThE DeVs ArE JuSt LaZy!!! PoOr OpTiMiZaTiON!!!" like fk off i'm sure talented devs who have decades of experience and who worked on the ACTUAL CONSOLE know the limitations of the console more than you)

I saw many games(Control,GOTG,Cyberpunk 2077 and even incredibly well optimized titles like DOOM ETERNAL!!!) which had RT modes on XSX/PS5 not have RT mode on XSS even if it was 1080P 30FPS at the least but holy sh*t it's being skipped on like RT hardware is non-existent in the Series S.

With the launch of the console and it's specs as 4 TFlops (even of RDNA2), 10GB memory and 224 GB/S all screamed 1080p/60FPS to me but as more and more games it doesn't even look like that,not even the ones who play games on a 1080P monitor are safe.

Mark my words,Once games designed with UE5(open world games at that) and games designed with fully raytraced engines kick in...the console will either be DEAD or XSS owners will be back to 2010 playing games at 600P-800P resolution.

Those who are coping that "OMG, FSR,TSR and other Reconstruction techniques will help the console!" have no clue on how unhelpful they are in handling lower resolutions,no upscaling technique is gonna magically save it's a*s with such a low native rendering resolution it's still gonna look blurry as sh*t.

For those owning this,sell this piece of crap and get the XSX or the PS5 cause atleast at the bare minimum you are guaranteed the very single feature(Raytracing) which distinguishes a old gen console to a new gen console to not be skipped on + 60FPS modes be it as low as 1080P at the least.

@AnK pls analyse this post ?‍♂️

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s too long to dig in 

even by my standards. 

Also it’s definitely someone’s alt account. 

No way new member will post that in first posts. 

Someone's alt account? Bruh. This is my only account here created not too long ago.

Also...why? New members aren't supposed to post this in first posts?

3 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Someone's alt account? Bruh. This is my only account here created not too long ago.

Also...why? New members aren't supposed to post this in first posts?

Lot of members in the past have created Alt Accounts & stormed into Console Wars directly. 

So that’s why the suspicion. 

Anyway,welcome if you are actually new. 
You are right about SeriesS. 
8-9m consoles will be useless after a while. 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Lot of members in the past have created Alt Accounts & stormed into Console Wars directly. 

Ohhhhh didn't know that,i'm new to this website just found it through reddit(r/IndianGaming) recently.

NGL,i went too far on that rant but just wanted to tell anyone who is planning to buy this pathetic console to put the extra 15k to get the XSX/PS5.it's 100% worth it!

47 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

I pity the thousands of people who bought that console(It's the no.1 selling console on india cause of it's cheap price i guess) but if anyone is planning to buy this console atleast put a little more money to get the PS5 Digital or even the XSX!(i say this as a ps fanboy).I really wonder what sort of drugs microsoft took to release such a pathetic console with only 4TF of compute power(yes,ik it isn't the sole indicator of it's perfomance but my god kneecapping it's RAM was such a dck move by MS)...at the bare minimum if it had matched the X1X,it would have a chance to be a 1080P 60FPS console at the least and might increase the longevity.They are gonna lose money regardless so wouldn't matter to beef up the specs a little more honestly as this console is nothing but a gamepass machine afterall.

It's already a sort of 900P/720P-ish type of console with just backward compatible games,throw raytracing(with even the lowest RT reflections) into the mix and it's nearly dead.All of those who believe once cross gen games are ditched,the console will begin to show it's true power are inhaling the highest amounts of copium...even incredibly talented devs from IDSoftware express their concerns on it's memory and many devs have talked about this issue too.

Im calling this:All true next-gen games on this console will be 30FPS at best,imagine buying a "next-gen" console for this sh*t+ i'm betting that starfield will have only one mode targetting 30FPS on this console.yes,I do kinda expect devs to scale it acordingly but what's the point in taking XSS owners to fking PS3 era with dynamic resolution as low as 520P to JUST GET 60FPS lmao.

The no. of games which have ray tracing on this console too i can count with one hand(i think there are like 4 or 5 games),at this point MS could remove that line from that freaking box and it wouldn't matter.If devs aren't making the effort to give RT modes because they know how weak it's hardware is then XSS owners have no right to complain(the devs are already struggling to reach 60FPS my god,why tf would XSS owners expect RT modes?) and i hate these people with passion who say "Oh,ThE DeVs ArE JuSt LaZy!!! PoOr OpTiMiZaTiON!!!" like fk off i'm sure talented devs who have decades of experience and who worked on the ACTUAL CONSOLE know the limitations of the console more than you)

I saw many games(Control,GOTG,Cyberpunk 2077 and even incredibly well optimized titles like DOOM ETERNAL!!!) which had RT modes on XSX/PS5 not have RT mode on XSS even if it was 1080P 30FPS at the least but holy sh*t it's being skipped on like RT hardware is non-existent in the Series S.

With the launch of the console and it's specs as 4 TFlops (even of RDNA2), 10GB memory and 224 GB/S all screamed 1080p/60FPS to me but as more and more games it doesn't even look like that,not even the ones who play games on a 1080P monitor are safe.

Mark my words,Once games designed with UE5(open world games at that) and games designed with fully raytraced engines kick in...the console will either be DEAD or XSS owners will be back to 2010 playing games at 600P-800P resolution.

Those who are coping that "OMG, FSR,TSR and other Reconstruction techniques will help the console!" have no clue on how unhelpful they are in handling lower resolutions,no upscaling technique is gonna magically save it's a*s with such a low native rendering resolution it's still gonna look blurry as sh*t.

For those owning this,sell this piece of crap and get the XSX or the PS5 cause atleast at the bare minimum you are guaranteed the very single feature(Raytracing) which distinguishes a old gen console to a new gen console to not be skipped on + 60FPS modes be it as low as 1080P at the least.

Nice joke post.

maza-aaya-rahul-gandhi.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

Not after a while ,sony is supporting ps4 till 2025 as announced by them .so please have the same energy and tell sony to not hold back the generation.

“Supporting” has many different meanings. 

PS2 was “supported” well beyond PS3.

Doesn’t mean they were releasing games for it. 

Until & unless Sony announces Spider-Man 2 for PS4…..there is no reason to believe that they will. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

The statements over the years

1st Statement :I'm just saying that this console isn't just a scaled down version of XSX like everyone says.Say for example XSX has some features like RT or 60FPS modes it's not guaranteed that XSS(there are many example of this) will also have it and that's why this console is not worth it.

2nd Statement:Ehhh...debatable but i think it's true.

3rd Statement:Who tf is saying this?

1 minute ago, BK__317 said:

1st Statement :I'm just saying that this console isn't just a scaled down version of XSX like everyone says.Say for example XSX has some features like RT or 60FPS modes it's not guaranteed that XSS(there are many example of this) will also have it and that's why this console is not worth it.

2nd Statement:Ehhh...debatable but i think it's true.

3rd Statement:Who tf is saying this?

It just needs a solid 30/60 fps mode at 900p-1080p and that's enough.

Some games like Doom Eternal has a ray tracing mode or 120 fps modes. Both are novelty features and hardly anyone play in them. 

In games where ray tracing is essential, it gets it. Like Metro Exodus/ Matrix demo. They are low res on all systems so dunno why you just wanna talk about Series S.

23 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

It just needs a solid 30/60 fps mode at 900p-1080p and that's enough.

Some games like Doom Eternal has a ray tracing mode or 120 fps modes. Both are novelty features and hardly anyone play in them. 

In games where ray tracing is essential, it gets it. Like Metro Exodus/ Matrix demo. They are low res on all systems so dunno why you just wanna talk about Series S.

Which is what i exactly said...even 60FPS modes are questionable in the future. 60FPS modes are already being ignored even now.

Ignore Doom Eternal as RT doesn't add anything to the gameplay even on high end PCs,just pointing out that it doesn't mean the console should not have RT options at the end of the day you know.

Yup,i know engines built around RT will get it and will be scaled down like the XSX but will have a mountain of compromises even the matrix demo had cut down not only in resolution but also heavily in RT quality.

Epic themselves stated that perfomance targets for PS5/XSX in UE5 games are gonna be 1080P 30FPS which is kinda concerning so let's assume series S is gonna be 540P,how would you reonstruct such a low resolution to 1080P and make it look good? My point is it is always worth it to just save up the extra 15k to get a Series X/PS5 down the road when they are available.

Not to mention that the demo already looks grainy as hell even in a 1080P monitor.

Edited by BK__317
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BK__317 said:

On a side note,Series S will be obsolete once UE5 games kick in.

What a weak a*s console,even the one x even performs a lot better than that in a few games.

Whose alt is this? 

2 hours ago, BK__317 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpXXZe8c0brMBHHwPuFz8

• Haha 2