PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

25 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

If true this is a new low for the industry. 

What's the point of this? 

Thought preorders but these are coming to GP, what do they gain by restricting publishers from announcing for other platforms for mere 2 days, Am I missing something here? 

48 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Really ? The visuals looked bland tbh. Granted, I'm not the target consumer for such games, but I couldn't help think - Is this the most hyped MS game now ? Weird. 

You are not the target consumer for this type of games.

The target consumer will be hyped by what they have shown. 

Same like ER, don't judge a game by how it looks, I would say. Although both of them looks fantastic to me. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Really ? The visuals looked bland tbh. Granted, I'm not the target consumer for such games, but I couldn't help think - Is this the most hyped MS game now ? Weird. 

43 minutes ago, b!T said:

It is bland and honestly, uninspiring. However I expect this from BGS as their games always looked a bit behind what other studios develop. I hope the gameplay and sense of exploration is rewarding as always.

Are we watching different streams? 

Maybe watch a higher quality post conference stream. 

13 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Game has 1000+ planets. Am sure some are vibrant and have rainbows.

They even showed some colorful planets.

Probably. What I posted is what I saw. It may have vibrant scenary.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You played any Bethesda RPG? 

There's a reason every main single player Bethesda RPG is 90 plus on Metacritic 

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

You played any Bethesda RPG? 

There's a reason every main single player Bethesda RPG is 90 plus on Metacritic 

Yeah but textures in 2022 modern gaming shouldn’t look like this. They have time to polish 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Yeah but textures in 2022 modern gaming shouldn’t look like this. They have time to polish 

And the character models and those weird eyes, like holy sh*t, how is it so bad despite being next gen only, reminds me of andromeda.

I remember HZD got a lot of sh*t for that, they exceeded expectations with the sequel HFW and that was cross gen.

That said, there's still lot of time for launch. 

Edited by gecko89

5 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Scrutinizing graphics by posting a compressed Twitter screenshot. Ok

Bethesda RPG will have bugs and on some planet you will find some missing textures. Its common in game of this scale

I have found texture pop ins and graphics glitches and low res textures in Horizon FW as well in certain areas but you don't see me posting screenshots coz i know that its hard QA test everything in these massive open world game. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

I don't see a place for constructive criticism here at all. Doesn't matter if they are a Pony/Xbot or someone gaming on all platforms - people just can't take a negative/unsupportive opinion of their favourite games/studios at all . And its really sad.

Taking example of recent games like TLOU1 remake and now Starfield. The negative/unsupportive opinions are sometimes met with harsh/insulting responses which are completely uncalled for (more so for Starfield ) 

We all need to be more mature here. There's absolutely no need to reply to people who are just expressing their opinion without any malice. Certainly not in the way it's being done now . Just ignore the opinions you don't like - and if you have to reply try to be not disrespectful . 

We Adults really need to "Grow up". 

Also if someone is intentionally sh***ng on your game/studio then try to be the better person and not go down to their level or let Mods handle them. Peace out. 

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

And the character models and those weird eyes, like holy sh*t, how is it so bad despite being next gen only, reminds me of andromeda.

I remember HZD got a lot of sh*t for that, they exceeded expectations with the sequel HFW and that was cross gen.

The character eyes reminded me of Mass effect’s wide eyed syndrome :))

I don’t think HFW is a fair comparison because this game has more scale but yeah, not acceptable for 2022.

But people say Bethesda is not known for graphics so let’s see 

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

And yet it's strictly mediocre so maybe we shouldn't be judging games on tree textures in alpha footage. 

It's unfortunate you thought it was mediocre. To me, it exceeded the original in every way, a solid 9/10 game.

Also, had updated my comment before you responded. It is early footage, they will probably iron this sh*t out, then again this is Bethesda, so only time will tell. 

Just now, RV1709 said:

The character eyes reminded me of Mass effect’s wide eyed syndrome :))

I don’t think HFW is a fair comparison because this game has more scale but yeah, not acceptable for 2022.

But people say Bethesda is not known for graphics so let’s see 

I can tell you Starfield will 10 times bigger game with way more stuff do than Horizon FW. Planets are size of skyrim in the game according to reports which alone makes bigger than most recent WRPG games. 

Those character models part of dated creation engine and for some reason Bethesda still continue to use it